Dr. Donald Gordon, MD

Dr. Donald Gordon, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Donald Gordon, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Newtown, CT. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Dr. Gordon is affiliated with Danbury Hospital.

153 S Main St

Newtown, CT 06470

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Connecticare
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Gordon

See how frequently Dr. Gordon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gas-Bloat Syndrome
Indigestion
Gastroparesis

Dr. Gordon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

• Food Poisoning
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Anoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Emory University
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • Emory University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Med College Of Georgia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Gordon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gordon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gordon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gordon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gordon to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Gordon's Performance
in Newtown, CT |
Love Dr. Gordon! Have been going to him for over 15 years. Highly recommend him. Extremely thorough, professional and friendly.
in Brookfield CT |
Very compassionate, spends time to patient's medical needs. He is down to earth. Very rare to find Doctor like him. His office staff is excellent and polite. I strongly recommend trying him.
Newtown, CT |
FOR EVERY APPT. I MAKE I GET A CALL TO RESCHEDULE FROM A NURSE WHO IS NOT ALL THAT NICE. IF I MAKE THE APPT. YOU SHOULD HONOR IT. MAYBE ONCE OR TWICE BUT FOR 4 APPOINTMENTS WITHIN A COUPLE OF MONTHS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
After moving to CT and knowing that I wanted to find THE BEST GI doctor in state, I am grateful and happy to have found Dr. Gordon. Both he and his entire staff go beyond and above meeting the needs of their patients. Words like empathetic, caring, helpful, professional, highest quality, knowledgable, and supportive come to mind when describing this practice. From my first consultation, I was never rushed, I was listened to and every concern/question/worry was addressed. Dr. Gordon's knowledge
in Trumbull, CT |
After years of suffering horrible symptoms, which were always dismissed as IBS, Dr. Gordon actually breath tested me. Turns out, I have an intolerance to fructose, and I was suffering from small-intestinal bacterial overgrowth, or SIBO. I was started on antibiotics for the SIBO, followed by probiotics to prevent regrowth. I eliminated fructose from my diet, and feel better than I have felt in over a decade! Great job Dr. Gordon! Thanks!
in Sandy Hook, CT |
Dr. Gordon is an outstanding professional doctor. He is thorough and caring and always looks out for my best interest. Dr. Gordon has taken care of me for over 15 years and he provides a consistency that is very comforting. He has an office staff that is also highly professional and friendly. Only great things to say about this fine doctor!
New Fairfield, CT |
Dr Gordon is as caring as he is knowledgeable. He always takes the time to listen to my concerns . He explains everything so that I throughly understand it. He is easy to talk to . In my opinion he is an exceptional doctor.
in Danbury, CT |
I have been a patient of Dr Gordon for about 15 years. I actually enjoy going to his office. He is so pleasant, affable and most of all he allows time for patient to ask questions and takes the time to explain everything in a manner that a lay person can understand. He's very thorough and believes in "ruling out" possibilities to get to the problem. He has always been "spot on" with me with his diagnosis even before I had procedures done to confirm what he felt was wrong. Best Dr. ever!
Trumbull, CT |
I've been a patient of Donald for at least 15 years. Once, he saved my life by performing emergency surgery to stop a stomach bleed. He's an outstanding physician with a lightning-quick analytical mind. He cares deeply about his patients. I feel lucky to have such a distinguished doctor taking care of me.
in Guilford, CT |
My husband and I found Doctor Gordon after numerous visits on the shoreline to other Gastro doctors with zero to no help, no real diagnosis and their only solution was a chemo therapy drug.. we were at our wit's end. We met with Dr. Gordon and it finally gave my husband hope with a diagnosis and a condition that is treatable. I am beyond grateful that we found Dr. Gordon. He takes the time to answers all your questions, is extremely knowledgeable, genuinely cares about his patients health.
in DANBURY CT |
If you want to change your life, save hours of valuable time (especially in the morning) , pain, discomfort, and yes even substantial amounts of money. Then you MUST see this man. After a routine procedure, I was advised that I had 3 internal hemorodes. Not wanting to deal with the situation ( I think a lot of people are very sensitive to this feeling as well). I let almost a year go by before doing something. IN THREE 10m VISITS MY LIFE HAS CHANGED. There is no pain, bleeding & im cleaner
East Haven, CT |
I had a great experience with DR Gordon. I have been to many gastro DRs and he is the best.
in Brookfield |
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Gordon. I have been his patient since 2004 when I met him in the ER where it seemed like I was close to death with severe bleeding and pain. Thanks to his wisdom and care, I was able to go on medication instead of having my colon removed. AMAZING. Surgeons were sure I'd be back for the operation. NO! Dr. Gordon has kept me well and introduced me to many new medications over the years to ensure I never have a repeat of 2004! So grateful. Never retire!
in Waterbury, CT |
After the medication was prescribed the insurance refused to cover it. Donald Gordon's office did not advocate for their patient at all and instead behaved in a manner that suggested they were annoyed when we tried to clear up the issue. If you are sick go anywhere else. These people just want to bill your insurance and will not lift a finger to help you. It was truly disgusting the way my wife was treated and these people should be ashamed of themselves.
in New Fairfield, CT |
Dr. Gordon was able to help me quickly and efficiently when others couldn't. I was struggling with several issues dating back to my late childhood that no one - no one - else was able to help. One visit, two simple painless tests and I was on my way to a much better life. Dr. Gordon is always courteous, thorough and putting his patients first. Best way I can offer my endorsement - when my daughter had gastro issues, I insisted we go see Dr. Gordon first.
in Danbury, CT |
went to see him for second opinion, liked him so much , he is now my dr.
in Bethel, CT |
I have been a patient of Dr. Donald Gordon for at least 35 + years. He has treated me for stomach problems throughout this time. He has also performed endoscopies and colonoscopies several times. He has been very thorough in his examinations of me of which there have been many. He has also addressed my hemorrhoids several times and there was never any pain associated with the procedures. He always takes the time to listen to me when I have any questions or need clarification of a diagnosis
in Danbury, CT |
Dr. Gordon saved my life. I first met Dr. Gordon when I was at Danbury Hospital for Colitis. I remember being so sick, throwing up while he was there, and was impressed that he stayed with me while I was throwing up. I again met with him a few years later for another Colitis attack and he found out that I had thick blood and needed to see a specialist. With him being on top of my health, he prevented me from having a stroke or heart attack from this thick blood. I would recommend him.
in Bethel, CT |
I've been a patient since 1999 and had my last colonoscopy just this morning (3-14-16). I've had several colonoscopies over the years and Dr. Gordon has been the ultimate professional throughout them all. He's spent whatever time necessary with me to make sure that all of my questions have been fully answered. My total experience with Dr. Gordon has been outstanding.
Estero, FL |
When someone comes to see a Doctor and they are very scared and very ill they expect someone to be kind caring and compassionate. This man is none of those things.
This man is a horrible person who is demeaning to his patients. His attitude and patronizing attitude is revealed in his high and mighty approach to his diagnosis and lack of bedside manner. He believes that because he is a doctor he is omniscient in all things and is a closed minded arrogant person.
Have you seen Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
Are you Dr. Gordon?