Dr. Donald Gordon, MD

Gastroenterology ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Gordon

Dr. Donald Gordon, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Newtown, CT and has been practicing for 42 years. He graduated from Emory University in 1977 and specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Gordon accepts

Dr. Gordon accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
Connecticare POS
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Gordon's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

4.4

Dr. Gordon?
Dr. Gordon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Donald Gordon, MD
Unable to fix my issues after months of seeing him and every test. Told me to see another doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
Excellent doctor who is 100% focused on the patient and the patient's care. I cannot think of a better doctor for my health issues. Dr. Gordon is not a corporate owned doctor and does everything he can in the BEST INTEREST of the patient. I love him and will never want to go some place else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
Dr. Gordon, he has been my Dr. for over 30 years and always continues to be remarkable in his diagnosis and resulting in a positive ending. You never feel rushed in the time you spend with him throughout your appointment. I am an out of state patient and find the trip is more then worth it with the feeling when you leave you have received the best care. I would highly recommend him for anyone needing his specialty of Gastroenterology. Thank you Dr. Gordon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
Dr Gordon is professional and compassionate. He did a 5 minute band which to my surprise was painless. I highly recommend Dr Gordon and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
Very good doctor. Very helpful. Most of the staff were excellent, especially Tammy the office manager. She was very patient with me, very soft spoken and worked with me on a payment plan which was much needed in my current financial situation. Most offices just want the money upfront and are not sympathetic to you. One nurse to say the least was a bit rude and impatient, she did not have a great bed side manner, I would still recommend this office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
Love Dr. Gordon! Have been going to him for over 15 years. Highly recommend him. Extremely thorough, professional and friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
Very compassionate, spends time to patient's medical needs. He is down to earth. Very rare to find Doctor like him. His office staff is excellent and polite. I strongly recommend trying him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
After moving to CT and knowing that I wanted to find THE BEST GI doctor in state, I am grateful and happy to have found Dr. Gordon. Both he and his entire staff go beyond and above meeting the needs of their patients. Words like empathetic, caring, helpful, professional, highest quality, knowledgable, and supportive come to mind when describing this practice. From my first consultation, I was never rushed, I was listened to and every concern/question/worry was addressed. Dr. Gordon's knowledge
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
After years of suffering horrible symptoms, which were always dismissed as IBS, Dr. Gordon actually breath tested me. Turns out, I have an intolerance to fructose, and I was suffering from small-intestinal bacterial overgrowth, or SIBO. I was started on antibiotics for the SIBO, followed by probiotics to prevent regrowth. I eliminated fructose from my diet, and feel better than I have felt in over a decade! Great job Dr. Gordon! Thanks!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
Dr. Gordon is an outstanding professional doctor. He is thorough and caring and always looks out for my best interest. Dr. Gordon has taken care of me for over 15 years and he provides a consistency that is very comforting. He has an office staff that is also highly professional and friendly. Only great things to say about this fine doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
Dr Gordon is as caring as he is knowledgeable. He always takes the time to listen to my concerns . He explains everything so that I throughly understand it. He is easy to talk to . In my opinion he is an exceptional doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Gordon for about 15 years. I actually enjoy going to his office. He is so pleasant, affable and most of all he allows time for patient to ask questions and takes the time to explain everything in a manner that a lay person can understand. He's very thorough and believes in "ruling out" possibilities to get to the problem. He has always been "spot on" with me with his diagnosis even before I had procedures done to confirm what he felt was wrong. Best Dr. ever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
I've been a patient of Donald for at least 15 years. Once, he saved my life by performing emergency surgery to stop a stomach bleed. He's an outstanding physician with a lightning-quick analytical mind. He cares deeply about his patients. I feel lucky to have such a distinguished doctor taking care of me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
My husband and I found Doctor Gordon after numerous visits on the shoreline to other Gastro doctors with zero to no help, no real diagnosis and their only solution was a chemo therapy drug.. we were at our wit's end. We met with Dr. Gordon and it finally gave my husband hope with a diagnosis and a condition that is treatable. I am beyond grateful that we found Dr. Gordon. He takes the time to answers all your questions, is extremely knowledgeable, genuinely cares about his patients health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
If you want to change your life, save hours of valuable time (especially in the morning) , pain, discomfort, and yes even substantial amounts of money. Then you MUST see this man. After a routine procedure, I was advised that I had 3 internal hemorodes. Not wanting to deal with the situation ( I think a lot of people are very sensitive to this feeling as well). I let almost a year go by before doing something. IN THREE 10m VISITS MY LIFE HAS CHANGED. There is no pain, bleeding & im cleaner
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
I had a great experience with DR Gordon. I have been to many gastro DRs and he is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Gordon. I have been his patient since 2004 when I met him in the ER where it seemed like I was close to death with severe bleeding and pain. Thanks to his wisdom and care, I was able to go on medication instead of having my colon removed. AMAZING. Surgeons were sure I'd be back for the operation. NO! Dr. Gordon has kept me well and introduced me to many new medications over the years to ensure I never have a repeat of 2004! So grateful. Never retire!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
After the medication was prescribed the insurance refused to cover it. Donald Gordon's office did not advocate for their patient at all and instead behaved in a manner that suggested they were annoyed when we tried to clear up the issue. If you are sick go anywhere else. These people just want to bill your insurance and will not lift a finger to help you. It was truly disgusting the way my wife was treated and these people should be ashamed of themselves.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
Dr. Gordon was able to help me quickly and efficiently when others couldn't. I was struggling with several issues dating back to my late childhood that no one - no one - else was able to help. One visit, two simple painless tests and I was on my way to a much better life. Dr. Gordon is always courteous, thorough and putting his patients first. Best way I can offer my endorsement - when my daughter had gastro issues, I insisted we go see Dr. Gordon first.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Gordon, MD?
went to see him for second opinion, liked him so much , he is now my dr.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gordon?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gordon treats patients.

Danbury Hospital