Dr. Donald Garrow, MD

Dr. Donald Garrow, MD

Gastroenterology  |

Dr. Donald Garrow, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Punta Gorda, FL. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Garrow is affiliated with Bayfront Health Punta Gorda, Bayfront Health Port Charlotte and Fawcett Memorial Hospital.

Innovative Gastroenterology

6210 Scott St Unit 216

Punta Gorda, FL 33950

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Garrow

Dr. Garrow takes pride in providing world class local care,sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.  He is committed to delivering quality, compassionate and dedicated care to all patients and our community.

Dr. Garrow's Experience

Dr. Garrow's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Anorectal Manometry
  • Bile Duct Procedure
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopic Ultrasound
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures

• Med University Sc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Musc Med Ctr
    Other Education | Completed 2007

Dr. Garrow has no media or publications listed.

• Tagalog

Dr. Garrow does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Garrow and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Fawcett Memorial Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Garrow is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Garrow's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garrow to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Garrow's Performance
in North Port, FL |
I moved back recently to FL and spent a lot of time looking for a good G.I. I can honestly say that I found one in Dr Garrow. His staff were extremely proffesional, polite and very helpful. Dr Garrow took the time to really listen and was very empathetic to my health issues. I highly recommend Dr Garrow and all the staff at his practice.
A VERY EMPATHETIC AND UNDERSTANDING DOCTOR. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM HIGHLY
in Punta Gorda, FL |
Dr. Garrow's the first Dr. to actually find a reason for my stomach problems after several just wrote it off as IBS. Been going on for years and now is finally going to get better. Don't walk, run to see him if you have a problem. He's young enough to have studied advanced medicine over what some other doctors have that don't keep up with continuing education. Plus he's got the best sense of humor and is a hoot to talk to. You'll not only enjoy your visit, but you'll get the help you need
in Punta Gorda, FL |
Dr. Garrow has done my colonoscopy as well as my husbands. He takes time with you and answers your questions. He is kind and cares about his patients. You might have to wait a little from time to time, but he is worth the wait. Office staff very nice as well.
in Englewood, FL |
There is non other like Dr. Garrow! He is by far the most educated, smart, likable Doctor I have had the opportunity to have care for me. I like him so much that I will drive from Englewood to Punta Gorda to see him. That is saying a lot, since I am a Senior, but as long as I am able to drive I will go wherever he is to continue having his care. Dr. Garrow's manner, medical instincts and lovable sense of humor are great assets. #1 Gastro in So. Florida, bar none!!!
Bellport NY |
Dr. Garrow is an amazing G.I., I have been to many different specialists and to this day he was the best specialist that any person could experience meeting. Eight years ago when I was diagnosed with UC he was working out of an Orange City office. He was the only doctor who cared, who was open to new medications with proven results to help me with my condition that were not considered "traditional." Now being in remission and no med's needed, he is an absolute must see that I cant be forgotten
in Venice, FL |
Dr Garrow has treated me for two years and has always given me exceptional care. He listens, only prescribes tests and pills when absolutely necessary and schedules follow-up visits only when they are needed. He recently moved 30 miles from my house but the few extra minutes to get there is made up for by his mostly on-time schedule. My health is much better thanks to him. I recommend him to everybody.
in Venice, FL |
Dr. Garrow was a genuine answer to prayer. After another gastroenterologist wanted to send me to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, I sought a second opinion. That doctor said he couldn't help me. Then, my primary care physician found Dr. Garrow. He has been able to diagnose my problems and personally perform all of the advanced procedures that these other doctors could not perform. He has been wonderful at explaining my condition and providing the relief that I needed.
in Lake Suzy |
Dr. Garrow is a kind and patient Dr. he took me on as a patient to oversee my treatment while I am in Florida. He correctly diagnosed my problem and put me on the road to recovery. Thank you , Dr. Garrow .
in Port Charlotte, FL |
Dr Garrow treated me in the office and hospital. I was having problems with rectal bleeding. Several other doctors had seen me for the same issue and said it was hemorrhoids. A colonoscopy showed a bleeding blood vessel deep in my large intestine that he sealed up. Now, no more bleeding or transfusions.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Helped my Mom get better. Thanks Dr Garrow!
Sarasota, FL |
Wonderful doctor, took the time to listen and explain procedure. I feel much better afterwards, as promised!
Bronx, NY |
Did not read chart before , caused massive bleeding
Chart was reviewed in detail and discussed with referring physicians. Vomiting blood after a dilation procedure not unusual. Blood count was checked after symptoms occurred, it was stable and unchanged. Treatment was conservative and appropriate, no repeat procedures necessary. More post-procedural communication and reassurance by me was necessary in this case, I apologize.
in Rotonda West, FL |
May 2015, I had a kidney transplant. In November 2015, started developing morning stomach issues. My transplant center spent months trying different med combinations. In April 2016, they said, "It's not the meds" I scheduled an appointment and spoke with him - his comment was, "I can fix this" Had an endoscopy with ultra-sound. A week later, ERCP and shortly after that and a stent removal - I am fixed!
in Englewood, FL |
Referred to Dr Garrow for cyst on liver. He did ECRP, said cyst was on pancreas & was blocking bile duct, ordered 2nd ECRP to stint pancreas bile duct. Post op, he said: he could not get the stint in, made him look bad. In post op an extended period, to control pain. When contacted with pain several days post op, he told my wife I didn't go near your pancreas. Her hospital records now reflect a different surgery than was performed, Dr's notes do not match procedure authorized or performed.
We are sorry you feel this way, but your review does not accurately reflect what occurred, and therefore, also not our records, which are correct. We cannot discuss the details in an open forum due to patient privacy laws. If you would like to discuss your concerns, please call the office.
in North Port, FL |
Dr Garrow was a caring Dr who found what was wrong with my father after a miserable experience with another GI specialist while in Fawcett Hospital. I found him to be compassionate, willing to listen, and proactive in his care. Without Dr Garrow, my father would not be with us now. I cannot thank him enough!
in Englewood, FL |
I have been with Dr. Garrow for a few years. He works hard to make you feel comfortable and he listens to what you have to say. He never rushes you, even though he is very busy. He ask questions about what your problem seems to be and than he answers your questions, than he moves on to a treatment plan for you. I have been a difficult patient because of problems I have, but he is always courtesy and finds something that works for me. He never gives up. He is one Doc in a million.
in Venice, FL |
Really nice Doctor. Took great care of my husband and was able to fix him when other docs in the area couldn't. Cares about his patients and their families. Highly recommend.
in Punta Gorda, FL |
He listened to my symptoms, told me he thought it was my pancreas. I hadn't heard of the pancreas causing stomach problems before. He did an ultrasound scope procedure, showed me with pictures that it was my pancreas. Gave me a diet to follow, and medicine to take when needed. Feel best I have in over 10 years! Told my daughter to see him because she has same problems I do, even though she lives in Indiana she is coming to see him. Office staff very friendly.
in Sarasota, FL |
Saw him for colonoscopy, took out a large polyp. Recommended 3 year repeat procedure. Fuse scopes at surgery center very high tech, staff at center friendly.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr Garrow saw my mother in the hospital. She had seen two other stomach doctors before. Dr. Garrow asked short questions, listened to her long responses. At the end he told us what he thought she had, did a procedure and that's exactly what it was! After 9 years of frustration, he found it in less than one day. He is very pleasant, easy to talk to and a world apart from others we've seen. We are forever grateful to Dr. Garrow.
in Englewood, FL |
ADMITTED BY ER TO HOSPITAL,GI BLEEDING, HAD BLOOD TRANSFUSION, -NO* GI DR. UNTILL 2ND. DAY-STILL BLEEDING, 2ND DAY GI PROCEDURE DONE TO STOP BLEEDING.AUTHORIZATION PAPERS SIGNED IN WAITING ROOM TO SURGERY! NO DR. SHOWED TO SPEAK TO ME BEFORE OR AFTER*THE PROCEDURE! NO*IDEA WHAT HAD BEEN DONE OR WHY ETC.! FOUND OUT THE NEXT MORNING FROM A NURSE ! NO CONTACT FROM DR! WITH-HELD ANTIBIOTICS PRESCRIPTION AFTER I COMPLAINED! DR. THREATENED**WITH DIRECT* BILLING AS TO COLLECTION, TO MAKE LIFE HELL!
Bradenton, FL |
After making monthly payments and attempting to contact the billing staff, with no success, they sent us to a collection company and charged us the fee!!!
in Ellenton, FL |
Dr. Garrow has resolved my nausea problem that at least 15 doctors in 3 states were not able to do! He is caring, thorough, knowledgable, and has literally given me my life back. I would highly recommend him, as one of the finest doctors I have worked with to date.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
We met with Dr Garrow and found out our insurance was not accepted last year. We were so impressed with his knowledge and bedside manner that we waited a year to have an ERCP with our new insurance. Dr Garrow is not only kind , but knows how to give you the assurance you need when going in for surgery. Thank you Dr Garrow and your entire staff for being AWESOME!!!
Have you seen Dr. Donald Garrow, MD?

Visit Dr. Garrow