Dr. Donald A. Garrow, MD

Dr. Donald A. Garrow, MD

40 reviews

Gastroenterology | Male | 43 years old

Dr. Garrow takes pride in providing world class local care,sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. He is committed to delivering quality, compassionate and dedicated care to all patients and our community.Read more

Innovative Gastroenterology
Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award

Dr. Garrow is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Patient Testimonials

Dr. Garrow's Experience

See how Dr. Garrow's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Garrow

Dr. Garrow accepts 29 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Garrow has admitting privileges.

Dr. Garrow's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garrow to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Garrow
Dr. Garrow's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (30)
in Venice, FL |
Dr. Garrow was a genuine answer to prayer. After another gastroenterologist wanted to send me to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, I sought a second opinion. That doctor said he couldn't help me. Then, my primary care physician found Dr. Garrow. He has been able to diagnose my problems and personally perform all of the advanced procedures that these other doctors could not perform. He has been wonderful at explaining my condition and providing the relief that I needed.
in Lake Suzy |
Dr. Garrow is a kind and patient Dr. he took me on as a patient to oversee my treatment while I am in Florida. He correctly diagnosed my problem and put me on the road to recovery. Thank you , Dr. Garrow .
in Port Charlotte, FL |
Dr Garrow treated me in the office and hospital. I was having problems with rectal bleeding. Several other doctors had seen me for the same issue and said it was hemorrhoids. A colonoscopy showed a bleeding blood vessel deep in my large intestine that he sealed up. Now, no more bleeding or transfusions.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Helped my Mom get better. Thanks Dr Garrow!
Sarasota, FL |
Wonderful doctor, took the time to listen and explain procedure. I feel much better afterwards, as promised!
Bronx, NY |
Did not read chart before , caused massive bleeding
Chart was reviewed in detail and discussed with referring physicians. Vomiting blood after a dilation procedure not unusual. Blood count was checked after symptoms occurred, it was stable and unchanged. Treatment was conservative and appropriate, no repeat procedures necessary. More post-procedural communication and reassurance by me was necessary in this case, I apologize.
in Rotonda West, FL |
May 2015, I had a kidney transplant. In November 2015, started developing morning stomach issues. My transplant center spent months trying different med combinations. In April 2016, they said, "It's not the meds" I scheduled an appointment and spoke with him - his comment was, "I can fix this" Had an endoscopy with ultra-sound. A week later, ERCP and shortly after that and a stent removal - I am fixed!
in Englewood, FL |
Referred to Dr Garrow for cyst on liver. He did ECRP, said cyst was on pancreas & was blocking bile duct, ordered 2nd ECRP to stint pancreas bile duct. Post op, he said: he could not get the stint in, made him look bad. In post op an extended period, to control pain. When contacted with pain several days post op, he told my wife I didn't go near your pancreas. Her hospital records now reflect a different surgery than was performed, Dr's notes do not match procedure authorized or performed.
We are sorry you feel this way, but your review does not accurately reflect what occurred, and therefore, also not our records, which are correct. We cannot discuss the details in an open forum due to patient privacy laws. If you would like to discuss your concerns, please call the office.
in North Port, FL |
Dr Garrow was a caring Dr who found what was wrong with my father after a miserable experience with another GI specialist while in Fawcett Hospital. I found him to be compassionate, willing to listen, and proactive in his care. Without Dr Garrow, my father would not be with us now. I cannot thank him enough!
in Englewood, FL |
I have been with Dr. Garrow for a few years. He works hard to make you feel comfortable and he listens to what you have to say. He never rushes you, even though he is very busy. He ask questions about what your problem seems to be and than he answers your questions, than he moves on to a treatment plan for you. I have been a difficult patient because of problems I have, but he is always courtesy and finds something that works for me. He never gives up. He is one Doc in a million.
in Venice, FL |
Really nice Doctor. Took great care of my husband and was able to fix him when other docs in the area couldn't. Cares about his patients and their families. Highly recommend.
in Punta Gorda, FL |
He listened to my symptoms, told me he thought it was my pancreas. I hadn't heard of the pancreas causing stomach problems before. He did an ultrasound scope procedure, showed me with pictures that it was my pancreas. Gave me a diet to follow, and medicine to take when needed. Feel best I have in over 10 years! Told my daughter to see him because she has same problems I do, even though she lives in Indiana she is coming to see him. Office staff very friendly.
in Sarasota, FL |
Saw him for colonoscopy, took out a large polyp. Recommended 3 year repeat procedure. Fuse scopes at surgery center very high tech, staff at center friendly.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr Garrow saw my mother in the hospital. She had seen two other stomach doctors before. Dr. Garrow asked short questions, listened to her long responses. At the end he told us what he thought she had, did a procedure and that's exactly what it was! After 9 years of frustration, he found it in less than one day. He is very pleasant, easy to talk to and a world apart from others we've seen. We are forever grateful to Dr. Garrow.
in Englewood, FL |
ADMITTED BY ER TO HOSPITAL,GI BLEEDING, HAD BLOOD TRANSFUSION, -NO* GI DR. UNTILL 2ND. DAY-STILL BLEEDING, 2ND DAY GI PROCEDURE DONE TO STOP BLEEDING.AUTHORIZATION PAPERS SIGNED IN WAITING ROOM TO SURGERY! NO DR. SHOWED TO SPEAK TO ME BEFORE OR AFTER*THE PROCEDURE! NO*IDEA WHAT HAD BEEN DONE OR WHY ETC.! FOUND OUT THE NEXT MORNING FROM A NURSE ! NO CONTACT FROM DR! WITH-HELD ANTIBIOTICS PRESCRIPTION AFTER I COMPLAINED! DR. THREATENED**WITH DIRECT* BILLING AS TO COLLECTION, TO MAKE LIFE HELL!
Bradenton, FL |
After making monthly payments and attempting to contact the billing staff, with no success, they sent us to a collection company and charged us the fee!!!
in Ellenton, FL |
Dr. Garrow has resolved my nausea problem that at least 15 doctors in 3 states were not able to do! He is caring, thorough, knowledgable, and has literally given me my life back. I would highly recommend him, as one of the finest doctors I have worked with to date.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
We met with Dr Garrow and found out our insurance was not accepted last year. We were so impressed with his knowledge and bedside manner that we waited a year to have an ERCP with our new insurance. Dr Garrow is not only kind , but knows how to give you the assurance you need when going in for surgery. Thank you Dr Garrow and your entire staff for being AWESOME!!!
Have you seen Dr. Donald A. Garrow, MD?

Dr. Garrow's Care Philosophy

Dr. Garrow takes pride in providing world class local care,sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.  He is committed to delivering quality, compassionate and dedicated care to all patients and our community.

Dr. Garrow says...

• Helicobacter Pylori(H.Pylori)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Hepatitis
  • IBS
  • Pancreatitis(Acute and Chronic)
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Rectal Cancer
  • Reflux
  • Swallowing Difficulties
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Dr. Garrow says...

SPECIALTY TRAINING:

• Disorders of Pancreas and Bile Duct
  • Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
  • Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)

PROCEDURES:

• Esophageal pH
  • Fecal Incontinence Treatment
  • Hemorrhoid Banding
  • Sphincter of Oddi

Dr. Garrow's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology

Dr. Garrow has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Garrow's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Other Education
    MUSC Med Ctr

Completed in 2007

• Tagalog

Dr. Garrow does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Garrow and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology
  • Hepatology

• Anorectal Manometry
  • Bile Duct Procedure
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopic Ultrasound
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures