Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD

Dr. Fulsom
Telehealth services available

Donald R Fulsom MD

306 E Houston St Tyler, TX 75702

Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Tyler, TX. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fulsom to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Fulsom's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Fulsom's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders

Dr. Fulsom accepts

Dr. Fulsom accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fulsom

3.4

Dr. Fulsom?
  • Wait times (28)
  • Appointment scheduling (24)
  • Office environment (24)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (14)
  • Appointment was rushed (13)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (12)
Our phone visits made us feel like we had signed up for emotional abuse. He is condescending, rude, grits his teeth and corrects you like a child. Prescriptions were sent in wrong, and we were blamed. Even though we had called in to double check how to administer them. He had no record of having changed our children’s medications. Argued with us and then told us there’s no need to argue. If his aim was to make me feel Like he hates other humans, he totally succeeded. Please do not subject your children to this man’s wrath and distain.
Mother of 4 – Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD?
Dr Fulsom has been treating my grandson for almost 3 years and we love him. He is kind and compassionate. When I made the first appointment it was 5 month away but after talking to our pediatrician he got us in a few days later! Thank you Dr. Fulsom!
Jen – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD?
Dr. Fulsom is a great doctor. My son has been going to him for 6 years now and he loves Dr. Fulsom. Dr. Fulsom is caring and takes his time to listen to me with my concerns about my son. Trying to figure out medications, especially when it takes more than one, is trial by error. Sometimes the first one won't work but Dr. Fulsom works hard to find the right combination for my son.
Apr 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD?
I’ve been going to Dr. Fulsom for the past 5 or so years. He is an amazing doctor and is very interested is helping you and doing what is best for you. Totally recommend!!
Jacob Dunn in LaRue, TX – Nov 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD?
VERY INCOMPETENT Dr. Fulsom and his staff are far from the professional and expertise you would except from someone in such a field. When he saw my son he wanted to put him on meds right off, this is a 10yr doing perfect in school and conduct by the way. he fails to follow court papers such as custody and child health concerns. When called to cancel an appointment that was made without my approval the receptionist was rude, hanging up. Dr did the same. Far from the what should come from such.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Josh in Tyler, TX – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD?
I do not recommend Dr. Fulsom if you are looking for your child please go elsewhere. He did not listen to my concerns when I voiced them after my daughter had side effects from an anti-psychotic he put her on. He said it was normal for my daughter to hear voices that are not there and speak to them. He listened to my ex-husband and took his side and increased her medication and kept her on it instead of changing the medication completely. My daughter is not the same anymore.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Longview, TX – Jul 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD?
We have been seeing Dr Fulsom for 5 years with regards to my childs behavioral and anxiety issues. He has always listened to our concerns both during visits and after hours. He is patient and has made a big difference in not only my kids quality of life, but ours as well. He explains every medical option, pros and cons. Spends time talking to both us the parents and my kid to see how everyone is doing and to adjust treatment as necessary.
RC in Tyler, TX – Nov 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD?
I do not recommend this psychiatrist. They do not implement appt. reminders which does not help families dealing with multiple households and imperfect communication (no matter how well intended). He does not offer suggestions more than writing scripts. When families are struggling to survive, he is available to fuel the negativity rather than support. It costs nothing to implement a reminder system. I am truly disappointed. I was actually warned about his practice, but we were desperate.
Tyler, TX – Apr 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD?
Dr Fulsom is amazing. I've been going to him for a little over 13 years. After going to 5 other therapists I finally found someone who was interested accurately diagnosing and treating my condition. He has been the reason I have been able to stay pretty well balanced and understand my condition and warning signs when they appear. He listens to my concerns and offers insights that only a seasoned psychiatrist can. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I drive from Dallas to see him.
Jason in Grand Prairie, TX – Jul 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD?
I have Asperger's, Tourette's Syndrome, ADD, Anxiety Disorder, and Borderline Personality Disorder. He really liked to see if he could push my buttons. He would call me by the wrong name at every visit, talk down to me, changed my meds so many times that I could not even count, and would not listen to anything I said. I confronted him one evening during an apt, and tried to explain that I felt I was being mistreated. He promptly dismissed me as a patient.
Annonymous Patient in Tyler, TX – Jun 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD?
Called rx in on Thurs by Tues still wasn't here. I called the office several times and only got the machine. The second message I left saying I really needed to know if it had been mailed as my child was out of medicine & had to take benchmarks without. Fulsom calls me back says it was put in the mail Thurs & child is no longer his patient because I was rude to his staff. (I hadn't even spoken to his staff).A week later rx came along letter stating canceled services. So he lied about it too!
Feb 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Fulsom, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fulsom?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry