General Surgery  |
Dr. Donald Dilworth, MD
Dr. Donald Dilworth, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Dilworth is affiliated with Northeast Methodist Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, North Central Baptist Hospital and Northeast Baptist Hospital.

Stat Surgical Management

• Golden Rule
  • HAP Insurance
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Dilworth

To provide surgical care to patients and provide a cure to a disease process that allows them to continue on to lead a normal life. To provide this care with precision skill, advanced techniques, and cutting edge methods all with a caring mind and curing hands.

Dr. Dilworth's Experience

Dr. Dilworth's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Texas Technical University
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Tx Tech Univ
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Dilworth has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dilworth does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dilworth and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dilworth's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dilworth to family and friends
Dr. Dilworth's Performance
in Bulverde, TX |
Dr. Dilworth is a wonderful person as well as a highly professional and skilled physician. He was very generous with his time during my hospital stay as well as with my follow-up visit. He has the ability to make difficult things much easier. I highly recommend him to everyone.
Houston, TX |
Great bedside manner. He made me feel comfortable and explained my condition in simple terms.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Dilworth explained my surgery in a manner that inspired confidence for an optimal outcome.
San Antonio, TX |
Very professional and practical; patient with questions, thorough and skilled. Met an urgent surgery schedule by nudging the hospital into action. Highly recommended.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Dilworth repaired my hernia. He did a wonderful job and my down time was kept to a minimum. He explained the procedure before the operation and made me very confident and comfortable. He has a great presence with patent and very professional while being understanding to patent's needs. Good Guy would recommend him highly. William Sargent 3/13/17
San Antonio, TX |
Scheduling appointments and surgery was very timely. Dr. Dilworth explained (to my satisfaction) my condition, the surgical process and what to expect post-surgery (including recovery time). His explanations/predictions were very accurate. I appreciate his straight-forward / honest explanations and willingness to field all my questions.
San Antonio, TX |
He took the time to explain the surgery and recovery process. The incisions were small and healed quickly. Would definetely go back if needed.
in San Antonio, TX |
I had abdominal hernias from work related injury, & wanted to have them repaired before they got any worse. Dr Dilworth was very informative explained the surgery & what kind of mesh he would use. He answered all my questions & concerns, has excellent bedside manner. The staff was also very helpful, making check up calls after surgery to make sure I was feeling ok & if I had any questions as well as keeping up to date for my post op appointments. I would highly recommend Dr. Dilworth
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Dilworth was my first and only choice when it came to my hernia repair. He not only took the time to completely explain my individual situation but also showed me the exact repair and the appliance that was going to be used. While be admitted to the hospital for my procedure, he came and explained everything to my family and what should be expected after surgery. the follow up visits were quick and painless as his staff got me in and out quickly. His staff handled all the needed preparation
Laredo, TX |
Dr. Dilworth was my second opinion; I'm glad I went to him. He used appropriate diagnostics and found the actual problem right away. He removed my gallbladder and repaired two abdominal hernias--he was unaware of one before going in but repaired it anyway (it was tangled/hidden in belly fat). He answered questions and explained everything in detail. I'll be going back to him if I ever need surgery again.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Dilworth is wonderful. He took his time with me and explain my results and surgery. His staff was extremely friendly and helpful and ready to answer questions & concerns. Would highly recommend him to all friends & family.
San Antonio, TX |
Superb operation, superb care, superb manner! Love the way he explains and answers everything - direct, to the point, understandable. Operation went exactly as he said it would. I'm happy!
in San Antonio, TX |
Went in to see Dr. Dilworth for hernia repair. He explained everything in full detail what was going to happen. He made sure I understood and that I was comfortable thru the whole process. Not once did I feel out of place. Dr. Dilworth is now a permanent Doctor I will be turning too for myself and my family. Thank you
in San Antonio, TX |
My surgery experience with Dr. Dilworth and his team was excellent. He explained the procedure in detail and patiently answered questions in an easy to understand manner. Following my surgery, I received calls from Dr. Dilworth's office, checking to make sure I was recovering as expected. I had an excellent surgical experience and would highly recommend Dr. Dilworth to family and friends and would chose him again should I need surgery in the future.
in Bandera, TX |
Excellent bedside manner! He explained everything thoroughly and with good humor. Surgery and recovery went just as he said it would! Highly recommend him to anyone!
in San Antonio, TX |
Prompt, professional, completely knowledgeable and skilled. Staff focused on the patient. Highly recommend!!
in San Antonio, TX |
Very personable and knowledgeable! I was diagnosed with a hernia by my primary saw Dr. Dilworth within a few days and 2 weeks later it was repaired. Highly recommend Dr. Dilworth. My boyfriend had used him for a hernia repair 6 years earlier and that went very smoothly too, one of the reasons I chose to see him for my hernia.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Dilworth was very thorough in his explanation of the procedure. I wasn't surprised by anything during my recovery due to the information I received from him. I never had to wait long for any of my appointments and never felt rushed in or out.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr Dilworth explained the procedure in detail, showed me the appliance he would use, described what the scar would look like, and answered all my questions. I am very satisfied with the results and feel much better after having the surgery. Recovery time was short, and the follow-up visit was pleasant.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Dilworth cared enough to answer all of my questions and explain everything by drawing diagrams.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Dilworth is very personable. I was impressed with the amount of info he gives you in an easy to understand conversation. He actually talks to you! He listens and addresses any concerns in a clear and concise way. He was friendly and inclusive with my family. The procedure was successful, with barely any visible scarring. The day of surgery he goes over everything again, making sure you understand and are comfortable. The results are fantastic! I would recommend him to friends and family.
Have you seen Dr. Donald Dilworth, MD?
Are you Dr. Dilworth?

• Golden Rule
  • HAP Insurance
    Health Alliance
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance