Dr. Donald C. Brown, MD

Dr. Donald C. Brown, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 68 years old

I give our patients 100% of my attention and educated diagnostic opinion on whatever the medical issue may be. When specialty referral is deemed necessary, our years of experience help us guide you to the most competent and skilled ones. We have a remarkable team of health care providers and staff that are committed to providing excellent, timely and compassionate care.Read more

Personal Bio

To learn more about Dr. Brown's training a expertise in caring for you.Read more

Dr. Brown's Experience

See how Dr. Brown's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Brown
Dr. Brown's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (212)
Dr. Brown Says:

I aim for 100% patient satisfaction knowing that not everyone will be completely satisfied every time.  When I started this practice with no patients over 25 years ago, we grew by word of mouth and have still relied on our satisfied patients over time - and we have many.  If for some reason someone is not satisfied with their encounter with me or our staff, I will do my best to rectify the situation.  That is my promise!

in Sanford, NC |
Ridncowboys@bellsouth.net was new to this area and got Dr. Browns number from a friend of mine. I just love this office and doctor. No matter what, they always find time for me. I go in and they act as though I am an old friend. I love you guys. Keep up the great work. Lynette Bader
in Apex, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Brown's for 18 years. Dr. Brown is a very talented and dedicated physician, well studied on current medicine, and has a very common sense approach to medical treatment. Meanwhile, he is always kind, understanding, and is a great listener. I am very happy with him and confident in his abilities. Likewise, his staff is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.
in Fuquay Varina, NC. |
I feel at ease when discussing medical issues while at his office. I have been going to Dr. Brown for over 15 years. Excellent Doctor and keeps up to date on the latest medicines. Explains in detail about the medicines I am taking. I would not want any other Doctor. I feel my health care is in good hands with Dr. Brown.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my primary care physician for 20 years and I fully trust him with my health. Dr. Brown always takes the time to answer my questions, provide advice and refer very qualified specialists when needed.
in Cary, NC |
Have been seeing Dr. Brown for many years, by choice. His easy going demeanor and common sense approach to medical issues makes me confident in his diagnoses and treatments. He takes the time to talk about my medical issues in detail and works with me to resolve them quickly.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Brown has been my primary physician since I moved from California to North Carolina in 1994. Of all of the doctors I have had in my life, he is the best by far. After I moved from North Carolina to Maryland in 2015, I decided to keep Dr. Brown as my primary physician. It is well worth the drive to North Carolina and back to see him for my annual wellness physical and other routine check-ups.
in Apex, NC |
I've been seeing Dr. Brown for 11 years now. He has earned my confidence and loyalty.
in Raleigh, NC |
Truly a physician who cares! He listens; he advises without pressure; he follows up. I feel like a person, not a patient or an appointment. I found him over 20 years ago and my hope is for him never to retire!
I receive exellent care.
in Raleigh, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr Brown for years. He's very personable and a very good Doctor.
in Knightdale, NC |
Doc Brown is very professional and takes the time to really explain things. He also has a great sense of humor which helps me relax. The staff is always friendly and make me feel welcome.
in Clayton, NC |
As someone who hadn't seen a doctor in at least a decade due to generally not liking doctors visits, I have to say Dr. Brown is the best doctor I've ever seen. After a less than great visit with another doctor, I'm glad I decided to find a new primary care physician. After my experiences at the office, it's safe to say I've found my new PCP! Dr. Brown listened to everything I had to say and has helped me tremendously with all my health concerns. Stop looking at others and give him a call today!!
in Cary, NC |
Dr Brown has been my physician for more than ten years. I have never felt rushed or pressured in any of my interactions with him. The office staff are always friendly. He takes all the time necessary and is very thorough in his explanation of medical conditions and treatment options. Above all, he is a friendly, engaging person and I always feel better after a visit with him.
in Raleigh, NC |
Have been with Dr Brown since my early 30s, now 58. Illness or preventative, Dr brown is on point. Excellent care and staff.
in Cary, North Carolina |
He is caring, personable, a great listener, has great bedside manners, is very thorough and has a great sense of humor as well as knowing his profession exceptionally well.
in Holly Springs, NC |
Dr. Brown has been our family doctor for 21+ years, and we, obviously, have been very pleased with our health care provider.
in Semora, NC |
Considerable knowledge, and outstanding "bed side manner."
in Clayton, NC |
He saved my life in 2005 when I had a rare pneumonia. I was hospitalized in Cary Wake Med hospital and was given the most powerful antibiotics and each day getting weaker and weaker and was on slowly dying. Dr. Brown sent me to Duke Hsp. in Durham. Long story short, they found my problem and treated me with prednisone and i finally recovered. I still say Dr. Brown saved me by sending me to Duke. He never hesitates to recommend his patients to specialists when he feels it necessary.
Cary, NC |
I appreciate his constant checking of my prescription medications and doses and revising them as new and updated drug information is published. Very down-to-earth recommendations and advice.
Cary, NC |
Long time patient. Always an excellent dialogue concerning my health that takes into account all pertinent information.
in Apex, NC |
I have been seen by Dr. Brown for several years. Dr. Brown is wonderful! I am always satisfied with the results of my treatment. Wait times at the office have never been unreasonable, and the staff is always polite and helpful. I'm always impressed that even on a busy day, the office runs smoothly and I never feel rushed when in my appointment. I highly recommend Dr. Brown!
in Apex, NC |
I've been with Dr. Brown for many years and have always found him very attentive and easy to work with regarding my health.
in Cary, NC |
Promptly seen. Good diagnosis, and considered full medical history.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown is thoughtful and caring. He actually listens while examining you and when discussing outcomes.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my primary physician for over 2 years now. His attention to detail, and his effective doctor-to-patient communication is second to none. I would highly recommend anyone to seek Dr. Brown's care for all your general health needs.
in Sanford, NC |
Doctor Brown has been our primary care physician for more than 25 years. Has a personal interest in us and takes the time to listen to us! Even though we no longer live in Cary, we will are more than willing to make the 45 minute to an hour drive to see him.
Apex, NC |
Knowledgeable with a good bedside manner.
in Cary, NC |
Always up on my background. He seems well informed/updated on drugs, procedures and reports that are out there in media and if they really need to be concerned about.
in Raleigh, NC |
I have been going to Dr. Brown for over 20 years and I have never had any reason to even consider changing doctors. He is an excellent doctor.
in Cary, NC |
I have been Dr. Brown's patient since 2013. Throughout annual physical exam and consul, he helps me out to loose weight about 40 pounds since 2013, and he keeps my blood pressure & cholesterol in check with proper medicine control, excise, and diet. Dr. Brown has good personality and easy going with humorous attitude but straight to the point of my medical condition. I am very happy to have Dr. brown be my primary care physician.
in Cary, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown's for 20+ years. He is a big picture doctor that connects the dots related to overall health care. He saved my husbands life by properly diagnosing and recommending appropriate care for Melanoma. Over the years he has guided both of us to properly manage our health. Can't thank him enough for his excellent care and partnership in our health care journey! He is a highly recommend!
Charlotte, NC |
I am have been a patient with Doc Brown for over 20 years and I admire his attention to detail and his personal touch. In fact, I would consider him a friend. He factors in, not just what he reads from the data measures in my charts, but also what's going on in my life that might be a factor. He's like the Norman Rockwell portrait of a doctor - He cares about me and my welfare.
in Cary, NC |
I have always found Dr Brown to be very professional and personable. He demonstrates a genuine concern for your well being and he takes the time to listen to your concerns.
in Cary, NC |
Takes time with patients, makes me feel like we are just two regular people discussing my health, potential risks and ways to combat them. He also wears great socks!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown has cared for our family for 13 years; seen us through a steady rise in health as he has managed everything from our valleys- serious allergies, miscarriages, etc.- to our peaks- three beautiful children, better overall health, etc. Dr. Browns counsel and care has caused us to see him less! Beside his professionalism and efficiency, he is genuinely caring, personable and kind- three hallmarks that turn a doctor into a true physician. We would not go anywhere else. Thank you Dr. B!
in Fuquay Varina, NC |
I have been going to Dr. Brown for over 20 years and have total trust in him. He is knowledgeable, runs the appropriate amount of tests and spends time explaining everything to me. I tend to be a "nervous Nellie" and his calm and soothing manner is very effective with me. When I was in the hospital a few years ago, the head Hospitalist told me that Dr. Brown is highly competent and very well respected in the medical community. I highly recommend Dr. Brown.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown is a very experienced and deeply knowledged physician. He balances the need for restoring and maintaining good health with good judgement in when to use natural and prescription medicines.
in Apex, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my primary physician for nearly 30 years. He has never failed to put my mind at ease regarding any health concerns I have had during that time. His diagnosis and treatment have always been effective and his examinating room manner is reassuring. On the rare instances where he needed to refer me to a specialist, his choice of physicians have also been excellent. If you're new to the area and looking for a great family practicioner, I highly recommend Dr. Brown. is
in Franklinton NC |
Have seen Dr Brown for 20t years. Highly recommend hom
in Cary, NC |
I've known Dr. Brown for over twenty years. He is thorough, courteous and informative.
Apex, NC |
Conservative and knowledgeable care provider.
in Moncure, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my Doctor for the pass 20 years, he has taken very good care of me and listens well to my concerns and issues. Dr. Brown takes time you need to become confident in the quality of time and care you receive.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown. Listens!!! He sits across from you and makes you very comfortable that he will help you. His staff. Is well trained and friendly.
in Raleigh, NC |
Attentive and thorough. I highly recommend.
in Cary, NC |
I have been going to Dr Brown for years. He is very friendly and helpful.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my GP since 1989 and has always treated me well. He spends plenty of time with me at each visit to understand my health issues. He listens to my concerns and doesnt over prescribe medicine. He does an excellent job explaining his diagnosis and treatments.
in Raleigh, NC |
Totally trust him. He has stuck by me and been an advocate for me for over twenty years. He truly cares..
I have been going to Dr. Brown for the last 21 years. He is an excellent doctor who is very thorough. I have always felt really comfortable and feel like he really listens to my concerns. Dr. Brown is knowledgable, compassionate, and takes time with his patients. I would highly recommend him!
in Emerald Isle, NC |
Dr Brown has been my primary health care physician for 20+ years. He has always taken taken the time to understand as much about me as possible each and every visit. He practices a cautious incremental approach when diagnosing and prescribing treatment. Highly recommended!
in Fuquay Varina, NC |
Dr. Brown is very thorough and highly competent. He also has excellent bedside manners.
Have you seen Dr. Donald C. Brown, MD?
Are you Dr. Brown?

Compare Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown says...

To learn more about Dr. Brown's training a expertise in caring for you.

Dr. Brown's Care Philosophy

I give our patients 100% of my attention and educated diagnostic opinion on whatever the medical issue may be.  When specialty referral is deemed necessary, our years of experience help us guide you to the most competent and skilled ones.  We have a remarkable team of health care providers and staff that are committed to providing excellent, timely and compassionate care.

Dr. Brown says...

I treat the full spectrum of family medicine with a few exceptions (we no longer do obstetrics or newborn/well child care younger than six years old).  In addition to my family medicine residency I have had two additional years of residency training in General Surgery, completed a one year fellowship in Geriatrics and a half year mini-fellowhip in Ob-Gyn.  I worked for three years in emergency medicine before beginning family medicine residency training. I have done volunteer work for extended periods of time in Asia and Africa as a physician and surgeon.  I feel well qualified to diagnose and treat (and refer as necessary) any problem seen in a family medical office.  My last Family Medicine Board exam was in 2008 and I scored in the 98th percentile.  I enjoy being a life-long learner and continue to be certified by the American Board of Family Medicine.

Dr. Brown says...

All procedures normally done in an urgent care and family medicine office are within the scope of my practice.  This includes suturing lacerations, minor surgery, joint injections and treating a wide range of acute and chronic problems.  In our office we offer ultrasound/echocardiogram, exercise stress testing, pulmonary function testing and an in-office laboratory.

Dr. Brown says...

Dr. Brown's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Brown's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill

East Carolina University School Of Medicine

Completed in 1984

University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill

Graduated in 1970

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage