Dr. Donald Brown, MD

Dr. Donald Brown, MD

Family Medicine | Male

I give our patients 100% of my attention and educated diagnostic opinion on whatever the medical issue may be.  When specialty referral is deemed necessary, our years of experience help us guide you to the most competent and skilled ones.  We have a remarkable team of health care providers and staff that are committed to providing excellent, timely and compassionate care.

To learn more about Dr. Brown's training and expertise in caring for you read information presented above and below.

Dr. Brown's Experience

See how Dr. Brown's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Brown has admitting privileges.

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
Dr. Brown Says:

I aim for 100% patient satisfaction knowing that not everyone will be completely satisfied every time.  When I started this practice with no patients over 25 years ago, we grew by word of mouth and have still relied on our satisfied patients over time - and we have many.  If for some reason someone is not satisfied with their encounter with me or our staff, I will do my best to rectify the situation.  That is my promise!

Dr. Brown's Performance
Raleigh, NC |
If you would like to see a doctor that will take the time to talk and listen to you, Dr. Brown is your man.
in Cary, NC |
I actually look forward to my annual physical with Dr. Brown. He is the first doctor I had found in my lifetime (50 years) that actually sat down and had a conversation with me about my health. His openness and knowledge of the healthcare business in Cary, NC is unprecedented. He networks with excellent specialists and has never disappointed my in his referrals. I hope to contiue to see him throughout my "golden years".
Cary, NC |
I've been with Dr. Brown for well over 10 years. He is a knowledgeable and caring doctor with great personality. I'd recommend Dr. Brown to my family and friends.
Hopewell Junction, NY |
Dr. Brown is very comfortable to talk with and very informative when answering questions and describing issues.
in Cary NC |
Dr Brown is awesome. I have been seeing him for 15 years. He is one of a kind doctor that will spend the time to correctly diagnose whatever the problem is. He is patient and knows his business better than anyone else I have ever seen. I really appreciate his great knowledge and thoughtfulness in getting you well again. Thank you
Cary, NC |
Spends time discussing health items I feel are important.
in Cary, NC |
I've gone through quite a number of doctors in my 75 years, and Dr Brown is by far the best. Very patient and friendly, gives me all the time I need; spells out all my options for treatment, from grandma-type remedies to the latest & greatest.
Cary, NC |
I have been visiting Dr. Brown as my primary physician for more than 15 years, and have always found him to be informative, thorough, and generally excellent in the care he gives. He has steered me in numerous ways towards better health, without relying on the prescription pad. As long as he practices, I will be a patient and recommend him without reservation.
in Roxboro, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my primary care physician for the past twenty years. He has been very involved with my medical issues, has proven to be extremely knowledgeable in diagnosing, treating, and following up and following through with my health issues and with any health concerns that I have. Dr. Brown always ensures that all specialist that I am referred to are also of the same high caliber and standard as he. With a twenty year doctor/patient relation, I highly recommend Dr. Brown.
in Cary, NC |
Switched to Dr. Brown when my long-time physician moved more than 10 years ago. Came highly recommended then and I highly recommend him now. Personable, knowledgeable, and involved in your care. He takes the time to listen, offer options and respects your opinion.
Apex, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Brown for 30 years. He's kept me going this long so I'll be staying with him.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown is an incredibly compassionate doctor. From years' experience, I have found him thorough, professional and up-to-date on medical progress. He & all the staff are attentive & caring, especially dealing with insurance companies & payment issues. Having just read "Less Medicine, More Health," I am thankful he will advise about the costs & risks associated with screenings, new medicines and treatments - we all need trustworthy guidance navigating our very complex healthcare system.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown, the medical staff and the team in records are all top shelf. I truly feel their care and compassion with every visit.
in Cary |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for about 10 years I think. I consider him to be an excellent physician. He takes the time to get to know how you are doing and makes you feel you are getting the full attention you deserve as a patient. He is knowledgeable and engaging.
in Cary, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Brown at MacGregor Family Physicians for over 20 years. He always takes the time to discuss the pros and cons of various treatment options. I like that he will often suggest a natural treatment or lifestyle change to address a health issue rather than immediately prescribing a drug. He is very thorough, has a geat sense of humor, and takes the time to listen to your concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Brown and everyone at MacGregor FP!
in Cary, nc |
Polite, helpful, kind, smiling and a good doctor! What else is needed for the recommendations?
Apex, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for years. He is thorough and personable and listens to what I have to say.
Apex, NC |
Very pleased with my visit with Dr. Brown and would recommend him
in Apex, NC |
Dr Brown has seen me since 2011 when we moved from NY. Excellent bedside manner and very knowledgeable. Staff is wonderful! Would recommend to anyone that wants a doctor that actually listens to you and will get you on a treatment plan when needed!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown combines the ability to carefully listen to my health issues with his vast experience and provide treatment to solve the problem in a down to earth manner. It is always a comforting experience.
in Apex, NC |
I find Dr. Brown to be a refreshing change from a typical GP. He is a great listener, taking time to understand his patient's concerns. He usually provides several treatment options and recommends conservative treatments rather than opting immediately for surgery. I highly recommend his practice!
in Cary, NC |
Dr Brown is a very caring and thorough doctor. He explains things in easy to understand terms and you never feel rushed.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown is an excellent physician. I have been his patient for over 20 years. He is thorough skilled and knowledgeable. He is the most compassionate doctor whom I have ever had treat me. He is never in a hurry while you're visiting him and he is up-to-date on the latest medical breakthroughs. His advice to me has made a significant difference in my health and quality-of-life. I highly recommend Dr. brown and his practice.
in Apex, NC |
I would recommend Dr. Brown to anyone that is searching for a doctor that cares about the well being of his patients. Dr. Brown in all of my years and they are many has always appeared to be genuine and dedicated to his profession.
Cary, NC |
Always has my medical chart in hand for office visits; offers best counsel based on my health history; refers to me to only the best in the area if needed for specialist issues. Never seems rushed and seems genuinely interested in not only my physical health, but my spiritual and emotional health as well. Never forgets to remind me to exercise more and eat healthy foods.
in cary, nc |
Professional, caring doctor and staff. I have been his patient for nearly 30 years and can't say enough good things about him.
in Raleigh, NC |
Doctor Brown has a great bedside manner. He is pleasant and reassuring. Doctor Brown listens to what you have to say and responds respectfully. He will take as much time as needed for his evaluation, while being courteous to others that are waiting. Always a good experience,
in Chapel Hill, NC |
Having been a patient under Dr. Brown's care for the past 22 years, as my primary care physician, he has been an exceptional healthcare provider. He is knowledgeable, very thorough in his care, is attentive to patient concerns and demonstrates a genuine desire to provide quality healthcare.
in Raleigh, NC |
I consider Dr Brown a excellent physician dedicated to his patient care. I have been going to Dr Brown since 1988 and have recommended many family members and friends seeking health care. He is always available to help in your care and provides recommendations when required to help in your care. Great physician.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown is a very thorough clinician who spends quality time with you and really listens. He has a way of making you feel cared for and understands the struggles we all go through with our health. I have found the Physician for me and highly recommend him to anyone or any family. Macregor Family Physicians is also very professionally run and manages the administration very well.
in Dunn, NC |
Dr. Brown takes his time when discussing your health needs with you and he has a personable manner that encourages trust. Thorough is the word that I think of when I think of the service he provides. I feel as if we have established a great partnership.
in Cary, NC |
I have been seeing Doctor Brown for around twenty years now. Usually only a five minute wait in the waiting room when you arrive.
in Fuquay Varina, NC |
I have been a patient for more than 20 years. There is no one I trust more with my health. He is accurate and professional and cares about the health of his patients. Wonderful doctor.
in Apex, NC |
My family has entrusted our health care with Dr. Brown since we came to North Carolina in 1994. He is very thorough, compassionate and actually listens to his patients. Highly recommended!
in Cary, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for 16 years, I have always found him to be very thorough, approachable, & friendly. I would & have, highly recommended him.
in Emerald Isle, NC |
Always takes the time to understand your health symptoms. His diagnosis/prognosis has help me maintain a healthy lifestyle for years. Thank you!
in Cary, NC |
Been seeing Dr. Brown since early/mid 1990's and I could not recommend him and his office more highly. Efficient, punctual, and he really does listen to you, explain things very well, and gives outstanding care and followup. My entire family has gone there for years - some seeing others on his staff, and their experience has been just as positive. I'd encourage anyone to give them a try for sure.
in Apex, NC |
I rely on Dr. Brown's expertise and compassion to care for my children, myself, my husband and my mother-in-law. His gentleness and willingness to take the time to listen make him someone I trust with both minor and major health issues.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr Brown is a great Dr. He spends the time needed to provide a thorough exam. He makes sure he covers you from head to toes and everywhere else. He asks questions about your overall health and life and is genuinely caring and concerned and wants to make sure you understand where you can improve your health and where you need to focus your efforts in a simple, easy conversation.
in Cary, NC |
Been going to Macgregor Family Physicians for years and specifically to Dr. Brown. He has a great "bedside" matter, takes your health concerns seriously. Takes time to listen to your concerns and answers your questions. Doesn't rush the appointment but doesn't waste your time either. Remembers your family and takes a minute during the visit to ask about them individually.
in Sanford, NC |
Ridncowboys@bellsouth.net was new to this area and got Dr. Browns number from a friend of mine. I just love this office and doctor. No matter what, they always find time for me. I go in and they act as though I am an old friend. I love you guys. Keep up the great work. Lynette Bader
in Apex, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Brown's for 18 years. Dr. Brown is a very talented and dedicated physician, well studied on current medicine, and has a very common sense approach to medical treatment. Meanwhile, he is always kind, understanding, and is a great listener. I am very happy with him and confident in his abilities. Likewise, his staff is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.
in Fuquay Varina, NC. |
I feel at ease when discussing medical issues while at his office. I have been going to Dr. Brown for over 15 years. Excellent Doctor and keeps up to date on the latest medicines. Explains in detail about the medicines I am taking. I would not want any other Doctor. I feel my health care is in good hands with Dr. Brown.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my primary care physician for 20 years and I fully trust him with my health. Dr. Brown always takes the time to answer my questions, provide advice and refer very qualified specialists when needed.
in Cary, NC |
Have been seeing Dr. Brown for many years, by choice. His easy going demeanor and common sense approach to medical issues makes me confident in his diagnoses and treatments. He takes the time to talk about my medical issues in detail and works with me to resolve them quickly.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Brown has been my primary physician since I moved from California to North Carolina in 1994. Of all of the doctors I have had in my life, he is the best by far. After I moved from North Carolina to Maryland in 2015, I decided to keep Dr. Brown as my primary physician. It is well worth the drive to North Carolina and back to see him for my annual wellness physical and other routine check-ups.
in Apex, NC |
I've been seeing Dr. Brown for 11 years now. He has earned my confidence and loyalty.
in Raleigh, NC |
Truly a physician who cares! He listens; he advises without pressure; he follows up. I feel like a person, not a patient or an appointment. I found him over 20 years ago and my hope is for him never to retire!
I receive exellent care.
in Raleigh, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr Brown for years. He's very personable and a very good Doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Donald Brown, MD?
Are you Dr. Brown?

Compare Dr. Brown

}

Dr. Brown's Care Philosophy

Dr. Brown says...

I treat the full spectrum of family medicine with a few exceptions (we no longer do obstetrics or newborn/well child care younger than six years old).  In addition to my family medicine residency I have had two additional years of residency training in General Surgery, completed a one year fellowship in Geriatrics and a half year mini-fellowhip in Ob-Gyn.  I worked for three years in emergency medicine before beginning family medicine residency training. I have done volunteer work for extended periods of time in Asia and Africa as a physician and surgeon.  I feel well qualified to diagnose and treat (and refer as necessary) any problem seen in a family medical office.  My last Family Medicine Board exam was in 2008 and I scored in the 98th percentile.  I enjoy being a life-long learner and continue to be certified by the American Board of Family Medicine.

Dr. Brown says...

All procedures normally done in an urgent care and family medicine office are within the scope of my practice.  This includes suturing lacerations, minor surgery, joint injections and treating a wide range of acute and chronic problems.  In our office we offer ultrasound/echocardiogram, exercise stress testing, pulmonary function testing and an in-office laboratory.

Dr. Brown says...

Dr. Brown's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Brown's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill

Graduated in 1970

• Other Education
    Geriatric Fellowship At East Carolina U. School Of Medicine

Completed in 1984

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage