Dr. Donald C. Brown, MD

Dr. Donald C. Brown, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 69 years old

238 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

I give our patients 100% of my attention and educated diagnostic opinion on whatever the medical issue may be. When specialty referral is deemed necessary, our years of experience help us guide you to the most competent and skilled ones. We have a remarkable team of health care providers and staff that are committed to providing excellent, timely and compassionate care.Read more

Personal Bio

To learn more about Dr. Brown's training a expertise in caring for you.Read more

Dr. Brown's Experience

See how Dr. Brown's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Brown
Dr. Brown's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (228)
Dr. Brown Says:

I aim for 100% patient satisfaction knowing that not everyone will be completely satisfied every time.  When I started this practice with no patients over 25 years ago, we grew by word of mouth and have still relied on our satisfied patients over time - and we have many.  If for some reason someone is not satisfied with their encounter with me or our staff, I will do my best to rectify the situation.  That is my promise!

Apex, NC |
Very pleased with my visit with Dr. Brown and would recommend him
in Apex, NC |
Dr Brown has seen me since 2011 when we moved from NY. Excellent bedside manner and very knowledgeable. Staff is wonderful! Would recommend to anyone that wants a doctor that actually listens to you and will get you on a treatment plan when needed!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown combines the ability to carefully listen to my health issues with his vast experience and provide treatment to solve the problem in a down to earth manner. It is always a comforting experience.
in Apex, NC |
I find Dr. Brown to be a refreshing change from a typical GP. He is a great listener, taking time to understand his patient's concerns. He usually provides several treatment options and recommends conservative treatments rather than opting immediately for surgery. I highly recommend his practice!
in Cary, NC |
Dr Brown is a very caring and thorough doctor. He explains things in easy to understand terms and you never feel rushed.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown is an excellent physician. I have been his patient for over 20 years. He is thorough skilled and knowledgeable. He is the most compassionate doctor whom I have ever had treat me. He is never in a hurry while you're visiting him and he is up-to-date on the latest medical breakthroughs. His advice to me has made a significant difference in my health and quality-of-life. I highly recommend Dr. brown and his practice.
in Apex, NC |
I would recommend Dr. Brown to anyone that is searching for a doctor that cares about the well being of his patients. Dr. Brown in all of my years and they are many has always appeared to be genuine and dedicated to his profession.
Cary, NC |
Always has my medical chart in hand for office visits; offers best counsel based on my health history; refers to me to only the best in the area if needed for specialist issues. Never seems rushed and seems genuinely interested in not only my physical health, but my spiritual and emotional health as well. Never forgets to remind me to exercise more and eat healthy foods.
in cary, nc |
Professional, caring doctor and staff. I have been his patient for nearly 30 years and can't say enough good things about him.
in Raleigh, NC |
Doctor Brown has a great bedside manner. He is pleasant and reassuring. Doctor Brown listens to what you have to say and responds respectfully. He will take as much time as needed for his evaluation, while being courteous to others that are waiting. Always a good experience,
in Chapel Hill, NC |
Having been a patient under Dr. Brown's care for the past 22 years, as my primary care physician, he has been an exceptional healthcare provider. He is knowledgeable, very thorough in his care, is attentive to patient concerns and demonstrates a genuine desire to provide quality healthcare.
in Raleigh, NC |
I consider Dr Brown a excellent physician dedicated to his patient care. I have been going to Dr Brown since 1988 and have recommended many family members and friends seeking health care. He is always available to help in your care and provides recommendations when required to help in your care. Great physician.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown is a very thorough clinician who spends quality time with you and really listens. He has a way of making you feel cared for and understands the struggles we all go through with our health. I have found the Physician for me and highly recommend him to anyone or any family. Macregor Family Physicians is also very professionally run and manages the administration very well.
in Dunn, NC |
Dr. Brown takes his time when discussing your health needs with you and he has a personable manner that encourages trust. Thorough is the word that I think of when I think of the service he provides. I feel as if we have established a great partnership.
in Cary, NC |
I have been seeing Doctor Brown for around twenty years now. Usually only a five minute wait in the waiting room when you arrive.
in Fuquay Varina, NC |
I have been a patient for more than 20 years. There is no one I trust more with my health. He is accurate and professional and cares about the health of his patients. Wonderful doctor.
in Apex, NC |
My family has entrusted our health care with Dr. Brown since we came to North Carolina in 1994. He is very thorough, compassionate and actually listens to his patients. Highly recommended!
in Cary, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for 16 years, I have always found him to be very thorough, approachable, & friendly. I would & have, highly recommended him.
in Emerald Isle, NC |
Always takes the time to understand your health symptoms. His diagnosis/prognosis has help me maintain a healthy lifestyle for years. Thank you!
in Cary, NC |
Been seeing Dr. Brown since early/mid 1990's and I could not recommend him and his office more highly. Efficient, punctual, and he really does listen to you, explain things very well, and gives outstanding care and followup. My entire family has gone there for years - some seeing others on his staff, and their experience has been just as positive. I'd encourage anyone to give them a try for sure.
in Apex, NC |
I rely on Dr. Brown's expertise and compassion to care for my children, myself, my husband and my mother-in-law. His gentleness and willingness to take the time to listen make him someone I trust with both minor and major health issues.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr Brown is a great Dr. He spends the time needed to provide a thorough exam. He makes sure he covers you from head to toes and everywhere else. He asks questions about your overall health and life and is genuinely caring and concerned and wants to make sure you understand where you can improve your health and where you need to focus your efforts in a simple, easy conversation.
in Cary, NC |
Been going to Macgregor Family Physicians for years and specifically to Dr. Brown. He has a great "bedside" matter, takes your health concerns seriously. Takes time to listen to your concerns and answers your questions. Doesn't rush the appointment but doesn't waste your time either. Remembers your family and takes a minute during the visit to ask about them individually.
in Sanford, NC |
Ridncowboys@bellsouth.net was new to this area and got Dr. Browns number from a friend of mine. I just love this office and doctor. No matter what, they always find time for me. I go in and they act as though I am an old friend. I love you guys. Keep up the great work. Lynette Bader
in Apex, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Brown's for 18 years. Dr. Brown is a very talented and dedicated physician, well studied on current medicine, and has a very common sense approach to medical treatment. Meanwhile, he is always kind, understanding, and is a great listener. I am very happy with him and confident in his abilities. Likewise, his staff is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.
in Fuquay Varina, NC. |
I feel at ease when discussing medical issues while at his office. I have been going to Dr. Brown for over 15 years. Excellent Doctor and keeps up to date on the latest medicines. Explains in detail about the medicines I am taking. I would not want any other Doctor. I feel my health care is in good hands with Dr. Brown.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my primary care physician for 20 years and I fully trust him with my health. Dr. Brown always takes the time to answer my questions, provide advice and refer very qualified specialists when needed.
in Cary, NC |
Have been seeing Dr. Brown for many years, by choice. His easy going demeanor and common sense approach to medical issues makes me confident in his diagnoses and treatments. He takes the time to talk about my medical issues in detail and works with me to resolve them quickly.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Brown has been my primary physician since I moved from California to North Carolina in 1994. Of all of the doctors I have had in my life, he is the best by far. After I moved from North Carolina to Maryland in 2015, I decided to keep Dr. Brown as my primary physician. It is well worth the drive to North Carolina and back to see him for my annual wellness physical and other routine check-ups.
in Apex, NC |
I've been seeing Dr. Brown for 11 years now. He has earned my confidence and loyalty.
in Raleigh, NC |
Truly a physician who cares! He listens; he advises without pressure; he follows up. I feel like a person, not a patient or an appointment. I found him over 20 years ago and my hope is for him never to retire!
I receive exellent care.
in Raleigh, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr Brown for years. He's very personable and a very good Doctor.
in Knightdale, NC |
Doc Brown is very professional and takes the time to really explain things. He also has a great sense of humor which helps me relax. The staff is always friendly and make me feel welcome.
in Clayton, NC |
As someone who hadn't seen a doctor in at least a decade due to generally not liking doctors visits, I have to say Dr. Brown is the best doctor I've ever seen. After a less than great visit with another doctor, I'm glad I decided to find a new primary care physician. After my experiences at the office, it's safe to say I've found my new PCP! Dr. Brown listened to everything I had to say and has helped me tremendously with all my health concerns. Stop looking at others and give him a call today!!
in Cary, NC |
Dr Brown has been my physician for more than ten years. I have never felt rushed or pressured in any of my interactions with him. The office staff are always friendly. He takes all the time necessary and is very thorough in his explanation of medical conditions and treatment options. Above all, he is a friendly, engaging person and I always feel better after a visit with him.
in Raleigh, NC |
Have been with Dr Brown since my early 30s, now 58. Illness or preventative, Dr brown is on point. Excellent care and staff.
in Cary, North Carolina |
He is caring, personable, a great listener, has great bedside manners, is very thorough and has a great sense of humor as well as knowing his profession exceptionally well.
in Holly Springs, NC |
Dr. Brown has been our family doctor for 21+ years, and we, obviously, have been very pleased with our health care provider.
in Semora, NC |
Considerable knowledge, and outstanding "bed side manner."
in Clayton, NC |
He saved my life in 2005 when I had a rare pneumonia. I was hospitalized in Cary Wake Med hospital and was given the most powerful antibiotics and each day getting weaker and weaker and was on slowly dying. Dr. Brown sent me to Duke Hsp. in Durham. Long story short, they found my problem and treated me with prednisone and i finally recovered. I still say Dr. Brown saved me by sending me to Duke. He never hesitates to recommend his patients to specialists when he feels it necessary.
Cary, NC |
I appreciate his constant checking of my prescription medications and doses and revising them as new and updated drug information is published. Very down-to-earth recommendations and advice.
Cary, NC |
Long time patient. Always an excellent dialogue concerning my health that takes into account all pertinent information.
in Apex, NC |
I have been seen by Dr. Brown for several years. Dr. Brown is wonderful! I am always satisfied with the results of my treatment. Wait times at the office have never been unreasonable, and the staff is always polite and helpful. I'm always impressed that even on a busy day, the office runs smoothly and I never feel rushed when in my appointment. I highly recommend Dr. Brown!
in Apex, NC |
I've been with Dr. Brown for many years and have always found him very attentive and easy to work with regarding my health.
in Cary, NC |
Promptly seen. Good diagnosis, and considered full medical history.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown is thoughtful and caring. He actually listens while examining you and when discussing outcomes.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my primary physician for over 2 years now. His attention to detail, and his effective doctor-to-patient communication is second to none. I would highly recommend anyone to seek Dr. Brown's care for all your general health needs.
in Sanford, NC |
Doctor Brown has been our primary care physician for more than 25 years. Has a personal interest in us and takes the time to listen to us! Even though we no longer live in Cary, we will are more than willing to make the 45 minute to an hour drive to see him.
Apex, NC |
Knowledgeable with a good bedside manner.
Have you seen Dr. Donald C. Brown, MD?
Are you Dr. Brown?

Compare Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown says...

To learn more about Dr. Brown's training a expertise in caring for you.

Dr. Brown's Care Philosophy

I give our patients 100% of my attention and educated diagnostic opinion on whatever the medical issue may be.  When specialty referral is deemed necessary, our years of experience help us guide you to the most competent and skilled ones.  We have a remarkable team of health care providers and staff that are committed to providing excellent, timely and compassionate care.

Dr. Brown says...

I treat the full spectrum of family medicine with a few exceptions (we no longer do obstetrics or newborn/well child care younger than six years old).  In addition to my family medicine residency I have had two additional years of residency training in General Surgery, completed a one year fellowship in Geriatrics and a half year mini-fellowhip in Ob-Gyn.  I worked for three years in emergency medicine before beginning family medicine residency training. I have done volunteer work for extended periods of time in Asia and Africa as a physician and surgeon.  I feel well qualified to diagnose and treat (and refer as necessary) any problem seen in a family medical office.  My last Family Medicine Board exam was in 2008 and I scored in the 98th percentile.  I enjoy being a life-long learner and continue to be certified by the American Board of Family Medicine.

Dr. Brown says...

All procedures normally done in an urgent care and family medicine office are within the scope of my practice.  This includes suturing lacerations, minor surgery, joint injections and treating a wide range of acute and chronic problems.  In our office we offer ultrasound/echocardiogram, exercise stress testing, pulmonary function testing and an in-office laboratory.

Dr. Brown says...

Dr. Brown's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Brown's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill

East Carolina University School Of Medicine

Completed in 1984

University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill

Graduated in 1970

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results