Family Medicine  |
Dr. Donald Brown, MD
To learn more about Dr. Brown's training and expertise in caring for you read information presented above and below.

580 New Waverly Pl Ste 120

Cary, NC 27518

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • MedCost

Learn about Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown's Experience

Dr. Brown's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

This content was provided by Dr. Brown "I give our patients 100% of my attention and educated diagnostic opinion on whatever the medical issue may be.  When specialty referral is deemed necessary, our years of experience help us guide you to the most competent and skilled ones.  We have a remarkable team of health care providers and staff that are committed to providing excellent, timely and compassionate care.  "

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Sinusitis
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pharyngitis
  • Depression
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
  • Dizziness
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gout
  • Pharyngitis
  • Pneumonia
  • Polyuria
  • Ringworm
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shortness of Breath
  • Sinusitis
  • Skin Infections
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Throat Pain
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vertigo

• Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
  • Ob-Gyn Mini Fellowship At East Carolina U. School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Geriatric Fellowship At East Carolina U. School Of Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 1984

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
Dr. Brown Says:

I aim for 100% patient satisfaction knowing that not everyone will be completely satisfied every time.  When I started this practice with no patients over 25 years ago, we grew by word of mouth and have still relied on our satisfied patients over time - and we have many.  If for some reason someone is not satisfied with their encounter with me or our staff, I will do my best to rectify the situation.  That is my promise!

Dr. Brown's Performance
in Raleigh, NC |
Our yearly appointment is never rushed, always informative and detailed. I have been in his care over 30 years. All of my other physicians are from his recommendations. I trust him totally. He shares my concerns about not being over medicated.
in Cary,NC |
I have been seeing Dr Brown for over 20 years and I wouldn't ever think of going elsewhere. He is always on-schedule, knows my history - seems memorized), and takes the time I need to understand what's going on. He is attentive, caring, compassionate, and very skilled. I recommend him highly.
in Raleigh |
Dr Brown has been my physician for over 20 years. Always treated me with respect and a smile. I would say he is setting the bar for the family physician.
in Holly Springs, NC |
Dr. Brown has been our family doctor for 22 years and he has played an "excellent" part in keeping us healthy and happy. He is very professional in every way possible, and we are blessed to have him as our family doctor. Clare and Al Roberts
in Cary, NC |
I have been Dr. Brown's patient for almost 30 years. He is very knowledgeable and experienced doctor. He has always taken the time to address all my issues and choose the best solutions for me. He seems keeping up with current medicine issues and techniques very well. I feel very lucky to have this outstanding physician as my family doctor.
in Apex, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr Brown for 13 years and would recommend him to everyone. Great "bedside manner".
in Morehead City NCHendersonville, NC |
Been his patient for 30 years...whole family. He gets to the problem quickly. Does not write prescriptions easy...tries simplest ways to solve the problem. Interested in the whole patient. Really listens. Moved out of the area but still come back to Dr. Brown.
in Apex, NC |
I have been with Dr Brown for a number of years, and always feel like it's seeing a friend than seeing a doctor. Dr Brown always provides excellent advice with a great sense of humor as appropriate. His common-sense approach and friendly demeanor makes for an awesome experience.
in Apex, NC |
I have not met Dr. Brown; this comment is directed at his staff. It took a month to get the appointment I requested (it had to fit our work schedules), then the night before, Pam called "after hours" to let me know the appointment was moved to an hour later. I had to cancel the appointment. Of note, Pam was extremely dismissive, never apologized for the inconvenience, and treated me as if I was unimportant.
Morrisville, NC |
Dr. Brown, Is friendly, approachable, thorough, and experienced. I have been a patient for about 20 years. I trust his analysis and judgement.
in Cary, NC |
I have been seeing Dr Brown since the mid-1990's. I cannot imagine receiving better care. He is very thorough, listens to what you have to say, explains things well, and discusses options with you. I am a certified professional (medical) coder, Accredited Healthcare Fraud Investigator, and work with healthcare providers day in and day out. I like the fact he is an independent practice - not hospital based. His loyalty is to his patients, not hospital bean counters.
Cary, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown and MacGregor FP for 22 years and consider the medical and support staff to be exceptional.
in Apex, NC |
Dr.Donald Brown spends all the time needed to take care of his patience, he is a caring Doctor always cheerful and a good listener.
in Holly Springs, NC |
I have been a patient of Doctor Browns for more than 15 years. He is a very patient and caring person. He takes his time with me to make sure that all my needs are not only understood but managed appropriately. I would recommend him and the MacGregor Family Physicians office to anyone looking for a good, honest, and kind doctors.
Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my doctor for a number of years. He has always provided accurate input about my health and where to focus on issues.
Raleigh, NC |
If you would like to see a doctor that will take the time to talk and listen to you, Dr. Brown is your man.
in Cary, NC |
I actually look forward to my annual physical with Dr. Brown. He is the first doctor I had found in my lifetime (50 years) that actually sat down and had a conversation with me about my health. His openness and knowledge of the healthcare business in Cary, NC is unprecedented. He networks with excellent specialists and has never disappointed my in his referrals. I hope to contiue to see him throughout my "golden years".
Cary, NC |
I've been with Dr. Brown for well over 10 years. He is a knowledgeable and caring doctor with great personality. I'd recommend Dr. Brown to my family and friends.
Hopewell Junction, NY |
Dr. Brown is very comfortable to talk with and very informative when answering questions and describing issues.
in Cary NC |
Dr Brown is awesome. I have been seeing him for 15 years. He is one of a kind doctor that will spend the time to correctly diagnose whatever the problem is. He is patient and knows his business better than anyone else I have ever seen. I really appreciate his great knowledge and thoughtfulness in getting you well again. Thank you
Cary, NC |
Spends time discussing health items I feel are important.
in Cary, NC |
I've gone through quite a number of doctors in my 75 years, and Dr Brown is by far the best. Very patient and friendly, gives me all the time I need; spells out all my options for treatment, from grandma-type remedies to the latest & greatest.
Cary, NC |
I have been visiting Dr. Brown as my primary physician for more than 15 years, and have always found him to be informative, thorough, and generally excellent in the care he gives. He has steered me in numerous ways towards better health, without relying on the prescription pad. As long as he practices, I will be a patient and recommend him without reservation.
in Roxboro, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my primary care physician for the past twenty years. He has been very involved with my medical issues, has proven to be extremely knowledgeable in diagnosing, treating, and following up and following through with my health issues and with any health concerns that I have. Dr. Brown always ensures that all specialist that I am referred to are also of the same high caliber and standard as he. With a twenty year doctor/patient relation, I highly recommend Dr. Brown.
in Cary, NC |
Switched to Dr. Brown when my long-time physician moved more than 10 years ago. Came highly recommended then and I highly recommend him now. Personable, knowledgeable, and involved in your care. He takes the time to listen, offer options and respects your opinion.
Apex, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Brown for 30 years. He's kept me going this long so I'll be staying with him.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown is an incredibly compassionate doctor. From years' experience, I have found him thorough, professional and up-to-date on medical progress. He & all the staff are attentive & caring, especially dealing with insurance companies & payment issues. Having just read "Less Medicine, More Health," I am thankful he will advise about the costs & risks associated with screenings, new medicines and treatments - we all need trustworthy guidance navigating our very complex healthcare system.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown, the medical staff and the team in records are all top shelf. I truly feel their care and compassion with every visit.
in Cary |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for about 10 years I think. I consider him to be an excellent physician. He takes the time to get to know how you are doing and makes you feel you are getting the full attention you deserve as a patient. He is knowledgeable and engaging.
in Cary, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Brown at MacGregor Family Physicians for over 20 years. He always takes the time to discuss the pros and cons of various treatment options. I like that he will often suggest a natural treatment or lifestyle change to address a health issue rather than immediately prescribing a drug. He is very thorough, has a geat sense of humor, and takes the time to listen to your concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Brown and everyone at MacGregor FP!
in Cary, nc |
Polite, helpful, kind, smiling and a good doctor! What else is needed for the recommendations?
Apex, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for years. He is thorough and personable and listens to what I have to say.
Apex, NC |
Very pleased with my visit with Dr. Brown and would recommend him
in Apex, NC |
Dr Brown has seen me since 2011 when we moved from NY. Excellent bedside manner and very knowledgeable. Staff is wonderful! Would recommend to anyone that wants a doctor that actually listens to you and will get you on a treatment plan when needed!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown combines the ability to carefully listen to my health issues with his vast experience and provide treatment to solve the problem in a down to earth manner. It is always a comforting experience.
in Apex, NC |
I find Dr. Brown to be a refreshing change from a typical GP. He is a great listener, taking time to understand his patient's concerns. He usually provides several treatment options and recommends conservative treatments rather than opting immediately for surgery. I highly recommend his practice!
in Cary, NC |
Dr Brown is a very caring and thorough doctor. He explains things in easy to understand terms and you never feel rushed.
in Apex, NC |
I would recommend Dr. Brown to anyone that is searching for a doctor that cares about the well being of his patients. Dr. Brown in all of my years and they are many has always appeared to be genuine and dedicated to his profession.
Cary, NC |
Always has my medical chart in hand for office visits; offers best counsel based on my health history; refers to me to only the best in the area if needed for specialist issues. Never seems rushed and seems genuinely interested in not only my physical health, but my spiritual and emotional health as well. Never forgets to remind me to exercise more and eat healthy foods.
in cary, nc |
Professional, caring doctor and staff. I have been his patient for nearly 30 years and can't say enough good things about him.
in Raleigh, NC |
Doctor Brown has a great bedside manner. He is pleasant and reassuring. Doctor Brown listens to what you have to say and responds respectfully. He will take as much time as needed for his evaluation, while being courteous to others that are waiting. Always a good experience,
in Chapel Hill, NC |
Having been a patient under Dr. Brown's care for the past 22 years, as my primary care physician, he has been an exceptional healthcare provider. He is knowledgeable, very thorough in his care, is attentive to patient concerns and demonstrates a genuine desire to provide quality healthcare.
in Raleigh, NC |
I consider Dr Brown a excellent physician dedicated to his patient care. I have been going to Dr Brown since 1988 and have recommended many family members and friends seeking health care. He is always available to help in your care and provides recommendations when required to help in your care. Great physician.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown is a very thorough clinician who spends quality time with you and really listens. He has a way of making you feel cared for and understands the struggles we all go through with our health. I have found the Physician for me and highly recommend him to anyone or any family. Macregor Family Physicians is also very professionally run and manages the administration very well.
in Dunn, NC |
Dr. Brown takes his time when discussing your health needs with you and he has a personable manner that encourages trust. Thorough is the word that I think of when I think of the service he provides. I feel as if we have established a great partnership.
in Cary, NC |
I have been seeing Doctor Brown for around twenty years now. Usually only a five minute wait in the waiting room when you arrive.
in Fuquay Varina, NC |
I have been a patient for more than 20 years. There is no one I trust more with my health. He is accurate and professional and cares about the health of his patients. Wonderful doctor.
in Apex, NC |
My family has entrusted our health care with Dr. Brown since we came to North Carolina in 1994. He is very thorough, compassionate and actually listens to his patients. Highly recommended!
in Cary, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for 16 years, I have always found him to be very thorough, approachable, & friendly. I would & have, highly recommended him.
in Emerald Isle, NC |
Always takes the time to understand your health symptoms. His diagnosis/prognosis has help me maintain a healthy lifestyle for years. Thank you!
Have you seen Dr. Donald Brown, MD?
Are you Dr. Brown?