Dr. Donald C. Brown, MD

Dr. Donald C. Brown, MD

Family Medicine | Male

MacGregor Family Physicians, PA 580 New Waverly Pl Ste 120, Cary, NC 27518 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Personal Bio

To learn more about Dr. Brown's training a expertise in caring for you.Read more

Dr. Brown's Experience

95Experience
Match

See how Dr. Brown's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown accepts 8 insurance carriers

8 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Reviewing Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown's Review Details
4.9 based on 198 responses
Experience with Dr. Brown
Dr. Brown's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (189)
Dr. Donald C. Brown, MD says

I aim for 100% patient satisfaction knowing that not everyone will be completely satisfied every time.  When I started this practice with no patients over 25 years ago, we grew by word of mouth and have still relied on our satisfied patients over time - and we have many.  If for some reason someone is not satisfied with their encounter with me or our staff, I will do my best to rectify the situation.  That is my promise!

Apex, NC |
Knowledgeable with a good bedside manner.
in Cary, NC |
Always up on my background. He seems well informed/updated on drugs, procedures and reports that are out there in media and if they really need to be concerned about.
in Raleigh, NC |
I have been going to Dr. Brown for over 20 years and I have never had any reason to even consider changing doctors. He is an excellent doctor.
in Cary, NC |
I have been Dr. Brown's patient since 2013. Throughout annual physical exam and consul, he helps me out to loose weight about 40 pounds since 2013, and he keeps my blood pressure & cholesterol in check with proper medicine control, excise, and diet. Dr. Brown has good personality and easy going with humorous attitude but straight to the point of my medical condition. I am very happy to have Dr. brown be my primary care physician.
in Cary, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown's for 20+ years. He is a big picture doctor that connects the dots related to overall health care. He saved my husbands life by properly diagnosing and recommending appropriate care for Melanoma. Over the years he has guided both of us to properly manage our health. Can't thank him enough for his excellent care and partnership in our health care journey! He is a highly recommend!
Charlotte, NC |
I am have been a patient with Doc Brown for over 20 years and I admire his attention to detail and his personal touch. In fact, I would consider him a friend. He factors in, not just what he reads from the data measures in my charts, but also what's going on in my life that might be a factor. He's like the Norman Rockwell portrait of a doctor - He cares about me and my welfare.
in Cary, NC |
I have always found Dr Brown to be very professional and personable. He demonstrates a genuine concern for your well being and he takes the time to listen to your concerns.
in Cary, NC |
Takes time with patients, makes me feel like we are just two regular people discussing my health, potential risks and ways to combat them. He also wears great socks!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown has cared for our family for 13 years; seen us through a steady rise in health as he has managed everything from our valleys- serious allergies, miscarriages, etc.- to our peaks- three beautiful children, better overall health, etc. Dr. Browns counsel and care has caused us to see him less! Beside his professionalism and efficiency, he is genuinely caring, personable and kind- three hallmarks that turn a doctor into a true physician. We would not go anywhere else. Thank you Dr. B!
in Fuquay Varina, NC |
I have been going to Dr. Brown for over 20 years and have total trust in him. He is knowledgeable, runs the appropriate amount of tests and spends time explaining everything to me. I tend to be a "nervous Nellie" and his calm and soothing manner is very effective with me. When I was in the hospital a few years ago, the head Hospitalist told me that Dr. Brown is highly competent and very well respected in the medical community. I highly recommend Dr. Brown.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown is a very experienced and deeply knowledged physician. He balances the need for restoring and maintaining good health with good judgement in when to use natural and prescription medicines.
in Apex, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my primary physician for nearly 30 years. He has never failed to put my mind at ease regarding any health concerns I have had during that time. His diagnosis and treatment have always been effective and his examinating room manner is reassuring. On the rare instances where he needed to refer me to a specialist, his choice of physicians have also been excellent. If you're new to the area and looking for a great family practicioner, I highly recommend Dr. Brown. is
in Franklinton NC |
Have seen Dr Brown for 20t years. Highly recommend hom
in Cary, NC |
I've known Dr. Brown for over twenty years. He is thorough, courteous and informative.
Apex, NC |
Conservative and knowledgeable care provider.
in Moncure, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my Doctor for the pass 20 years, he has taken very good care of me and listens well to my concerns and issues. Dr. Brown takes time you need to become confident in the quality of time and care you receive.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown. Listens!!! He sits across from you and makes you very comfortable that he will help you. His staff. Is well trained and friendly.
in Raleigh, NC |
Attentive and thorough. I highly recommend.
in Cary, NC |
I have been going to Dr Brown for years. He is very friendly and helpful.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my GP since 1989 and has always treated me well. He spends plenty of time with me at each visit to understand my health issues. He listens to my concerns and doesnt over prescribe medicine. He does an excellent job explaining his diagnosis and treatments.
in Raleigh, NC |
Totally trust him. He has stuck by me and been an advocate for me for over twenty years. He truly cares..
I have been going to Dr. Brown for the last 21 years. He is an excellent doctor who is very thorough. I have always felt really comfortable and feel like he really listens to my concerns. Dr. Brown is knowledgable, compassionate, and takes time with his patients. I would highly recommend him!
in Emerald Isle, NC |
Dr Brown has been my primary health care physician for 20+ years. He has always taken taken the time to understand as much about me as possible each and every visit. He practices a cautious incremental approach when diagnosing and prescribing treatment. Highly recommended!
in Fuquay Varina, NC |
Dr. Brown is very thorough and highly competent. He also has excellent bedside manners.
in Cary, NC |
Bedside Manner is good. No all business but keeps on schedule without rushing me out the door.
in Apex, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Brown since 1995. I can't say enough about all the great care I have had over the years.
in Apex, NC |
I have had several good doctors as my primary physicians in the last 35 years. Dr. Brown is the best of all of them. He provides the best patient care. He takes the time to talk to his patients and listens to them. He explains the medical conditions in detail and what can be done to correct them.
in Cary, NC |
A 25 year professional relationship is as good a recommendation as I can make !
Raleigh, NC |
I have used Dr. Brown as my PCP for about 23 years (or perhaps a few more). Dr. Brown is very smart, pleasant and personable, a good communicator, and a very good doctor. He listens to me and accepts my full participation in my own health care decisions, which is very important to me.
in Morrisville, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Brown for 20 years. He is a very knowledgeable and caring person and has helped me through a number of trying medical issues in my life. I highly recommend him.
in Cary, NC |
I've been with Dr. Brown for many, many years. He is a wonderful and caring doctor. I'm a cancer survivor and he has helped me through the difficult times. His staff are also professional, helpful and caring. Wonderful place.
in Wendell, NC |
Thorough and friendly. Have seen Dr. Brown for several years and would highly recommend he and the practice he is affiliated with.
in Apex, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my PCP since MacGregor Family Physicians opened 25+ years ago. I have had an excellent relationship with Dr. Brown the entire time and trust him with my medical care. I credit him for detecting very early that I had a heart problem that required by-pass surgery before any heart damage was done.
in Morrisville, NC |
Dr. Brown has a great demeanor about him when it comes to medicine. Normally I get a little nervous about doctors. But Dr. Brown is very easy going and provides a sense of comfort.
in Raleigh, NC |
Over the years I have gone to Dr. Brown, he has been insightful and provided solid input about my health and where I need attention. His most successful observation was diagnosing my Prolactinoma. This illness is now under control, thanks to his diagnosis.
Cary, NC |
Spends time going over my test results with me and advising on what I should and should not be doing to maintain my health.
in Cary, NC |
After 20-plus years iI would trust no other doctor.
in Cary, NC |
I have been Dr. Brown's patient for 8 years and I find him to be an excellent phsician who is knowledgeable, honest, well informed and one who practices participatory medicine rather than paternalistic medicine. He actually converses with you and gets to know you as a person.
in Cary, NC |
Takes his time and listens. Shares current medical opinion with you before making recommendations.
in Raleigh, NC |
If you are looking for a Doctor that will spend the time to explain the test results, listen to your comments and concerns then Dr. Brown is the one to choose.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown has been my primary physician since 1995. I'm amazed that as the insurance industry has been forcing doctors to change, He still takes a lot of time to talk about both medical and personal topics. He has helped me thru issues that I thought only a specialty doctor could do, while still knowing when to recommend another doctor.
in Cary, NC |
Dr Brown has been my primary physician since 1988 I appreciate the history he has had with my health and my family's health issues
in Cary NC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Brown for 27 years. He has always shown me compassion when needed and the knowledge expertise of what you would need from a family doctor. I trust him fully with any issue I may have and can leave his office feeling satisfied. When he refers me to another specialty Doctor, either good or bad, he does want to know how your experience was. I would recommend Dr. Brown to anyone who is looking for a great family doctor.
Cary, NC |
I have been a patient for many years and he has always taken good care of me. He treats his patients with respect and takes time to listen.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Brown cares about his patient's health and can be trusted to safe guard your well being and wellness. He is very knowledgeable, and in addition will recommend specialists when appropriate.
in Apex, NC |
Dr. Brown is the best! He takes time to talk with you and educate you. Dr. Brown is very thorough. He demonstrates a deep and sincere care for your health and well being. He is on top of all the latest changes in medications and treatments, and is not in the pockets of Big Pharma!
in Cary, NC |
He is very knowledgable, and takes the time to explain all aspects of my condition and treatment.
in Garner, NC |
i have been going here for a little over 25 years and would never consider anyone else! Always very good at what he does and explains things very well also has good referrals if need be. I highly recommend him and have done so many time and have gotten good positive feedback from the people I have recommend . Thanks Dr B. Keep up the great work!
in Cary, NC |
He's been my sole GP for 26 years following my move to Cary after retiring from the Air Force. He's very personable, professional, and easy talk to. After blood tests indicated the chance of prostate cancer, he was quick to follow up with additional confirming tests and referred me to an excellent urologist who treated and resolved the cancer.
in Cary, NC |
I have seen Dr. Brown since probably the mid 1990's and have received excellent care. I get the very clear sense he actually cares about my healthcare and strives to give me great quality services. I work in a position where I deal with a variety of healthcare providers and specialties every day. This broad exposure makes me appreciate the care I get from Dr. Brown all the more.
Have you seen Dr. Donald C. Brown, MD?

Compare Dr. Brown

Why It Matters: Dr. Brown's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

Dr. Brown says..

I treat the full spectrum of family medicine with a few exceptions (we no longer do obstetrics or newborn/well child care younger than six years old).  In addition to my family medicine residency I have had two additional years of residency training in General Surgery, completed a one year fellowship in Geriatrics and a half year mini-fellowhip in Ob-Gyn.  I worked for three years in emergency medicine before beginning family medicine residency training. I have done volunteer work for extended periods of time in Asia and Africa as a physician and surgeon.  I feel well qualified to diagnose and treat (and refer as necessary) any problem seen in a family medical office.  My last Family Medicine Board exam was in 2008 and I scored in the 98th percentile.  I enjoy being a life-long learner and continue to be certified by the American Board of Family Medicine.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Dr. Brown says..

All procedures normally done in an urgent care and family medicine office are within the scope of my practice.  This includes suturing lacerations, minor surgery, joint injections and treating a wide range of acute and chronic problems.  In our office we offer ultrasound/echocardiogram, exercise stress testing, pulmonary function testing and an in-office laboratory.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill

East Carolina University School of Medicine

Completed in 1984

University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill

Graduated in 1970

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Brown's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Brown

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Brown's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Brown

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Brown says...

To learn more about Dr. Brown's training a expertise in caring for you.

Dr. Brown's Care Philosophy

I give our patients 100% of my attention and educated diagnostic opinion on whatever the medical issue may be.  When specialty referral is deemed necessary, our years of experience help us guide you to the most competent and skilled ones.  We have a remarkable team of health care providers and staff that are committed to providing excellent, timely and compassionate care.