Dr. Donald Boos, MD

Anesthesiology •  Male • Age 64

Dr. Boos

Central Arkansas Pain Center

307 Carpenter Dam Rd Ste F Hot Springs National Park, AR 71901

Dr. Donald Boos, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in Hot Springs National Park, AR and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from University Of Toledo College Of Medicine in 1985 and specializes in anesthesiology.

Dr. Boos accepts

Dr. Boos accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arkansas

Check if Dr. Boos treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Boos' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Boos

3.5

Dr. Boos?
Dr. Boos' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Donald Boos, MD
Dr Boos is a very good knowledgeable doctor who listens to your problem and tries every method available to relieve your pain. I have been going there for a few years and have been very satisfied with the treatments I received.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Boos, MD?
First of all whoever said that their wait time was 30 to 35 minutes has got to be lying because both times that I've been there I've waited over 2 hours. He is a rude egotistical individual who thinks that he is better than everybody and loves to hear his own self talk. If you are in pain they will treat you like a pill speaker if you ask for anything to relieve your pain. I've never felt more disrespected in my life and I will never ever go back
Compassionate knowledgeable physician
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Boos, MD?
I think Dr. Boos might be the smartest person I've ever met. My partner starting seeing him 6 years ago and received many successful radiofrequency ablation treatments. Two years ago, schedule two medication was introduced, titrated up then down successfully. Schedule two medication was successfully titrated off of recently. Succesful introduction of new schedule three drug is so far subjectively better than schedule two drug for my mate. He healed my rotator and sciatica. Also is funny.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Boos, MD?
Waited over three hours for a procedure on my back that was painful and didn't work. He cut my pain meds by more than half and now my spine feels like it is on fire. I can't sleep, barely walk. Doubt I'll be going back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Boos, MD?
Aside from personality quirks his procedure stopped the pain in my left shoulder and arm. He told me the procedure might stop the pain and might last a month or six month or longer. I am happy to say that that shoulder has been relatively pain free for 3 years. Now I'm having pain the right shoulder - MRI showed stenosis. The neurosurgeon wants to do surgery. Before surgery I will get an appoint with Dr. Boos and see if he will treat the other shoulder.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Boos, MD?
I have been to other pain management physicians for injections prior to using Dr. Boos. I began using Dr. Boos because he was closer to my residence. He was not the first choice of my pcp. My particular criticism is that Dr. Boos uses no sedatives preceding procedures. Other pain mgmt facilities have. It makes for a much better experience. Dr. Boos procedure was very painful. During the procedure he also began yelling at his nurse because she wasn't pleasing him. Very unprofessional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Boos, MD?
He's down to earth-which is overall a quality I prefer in my doctors; +quite honest-about all kinds of things, ha! He set realistic expectations (sadly, no magic cures!) re: my back pains, numbness, etc. & then went to work e.g.-procedures, studying my tests, consulting my previous physicians, & so on. He worked hard to provide me w/ the relief I enjoy today-to my satisfaction +some! I've been able to do things-frankly-I'd given up on. The procedures-ever how many-are worth it-Thank you, Dr.Boos
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Boos, MD?
Dr Boos & his office are the best in the country!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald Boos, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Boos?

• Anesthesiology

1989
University of Virginia
1986
St Lukes Hospital
1985
University Of Toledo College Of Medicine

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Boos treats patients.

67% Patient experience rating, 2% lower than the national average