Dr. Donald Bohay, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Orthopedic Associates of Michigan 1111 Leffingwell Ave NE Ste 100 Grand Rapids, MI 49525 Get Directions
Dr. Donald Bohay, MD

Dr. Donald Bohay, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Grand Rapids, MI. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Bohay is affiliated with Spectrum Health - Blodgett Hospital and Metro Health Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Bohay's Experience

See how Dr. Bohay's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bohay

Dr. Bohay accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Bohay is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bohay has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bohay's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bohay to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Bohay's Performance
in Jenison, MI |
I had Dr. Bohay for achilles surgery. The surgery went well. The results were beyond what I expected. I also had complex regional pain syndrome (I had 2 major surgeries on my foot previously which likely got the pain syndrome going). He told me before the surgery that he could not guarantee that the surgery would help, and it could make it worse. I decided to have the surgery, and am very thankful that I did. I am thankful for his honesty and the respect that he had for me as a patient.
in Grandville, MI |
Dr Bohay is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever had. His expertise in ankle, foot and leg issues has been truly a blessing to me I would give him 10 stars if I could May God continue to Bless you as you bless others
in Hastings, MI |
He is a very good foot surgeon and explains all details very well. Tells you all details ahead of time, so you fully know and understand what will be happening to you. ! Very compassionate.. I'm very grateful for my great results.
in Bonita Springs, Florida |
Dr. Bohay demonstrates superior knowledge of his specialty. He takes time to know you as a person. He has ability to communicate to his patient the nuances of the procedure and expected results for full recovery. I highly recommend Dr Bohay to anyone considering surgery. I had a very serious injury from an auto accident. Both ankles crushed, and low percentage of recovery. I am able to resume activities I thought would be impossible, thanks to Dr Bohay and his expertise.
Cedar Springs, MI |
Dr. Bohay did a great job explaining the procedure that I needed to have. He also did a great job listening to my questions and concerns. He was very knowledgeable and helpful!
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Bohay has ruined my foot and I would never recommend him to anyone. Please steer clear of this man.
in Hale ,Michigan |
After getting the run around for over 6 months from a foot and ankle surgeon at the Cleveland Clinc. We found out about DR Bohay he had us release my medical records to him after seeing my condition he got me in within 2 weeks and I had my left foot reconstructed and fused 3 months latter he Replaced my left Ankle on Friday May 25 2017 he is doing a replacement of right Ankle then Right Knee when Ankle heals Dr Bohay cares about my pain and suffering .Thank you Dr Bohay
in Kalamazoo, MI |
Dr. Bohay performed surgery on my daughter and literally gave her the gift of staying in athletics. Phenomenal surgeon - honest, straight-forward and competent. Couldn't recommend higher!
in Zeeland, MI |
Dr. Bohay really listens to your concerns. I felt genuinely cared about. I had my ankle fused, with multiple pins and screws, it really looks great, considering three incisions. I am very pleased with Dr. Bohay's caring manner. I highly recommend.
Grandville, MI |
this whole office is terrible, money hungry doctors and the staff is worthless
in Wyoming MI |
I had a very complicated foot problem that was causing me a lot of pain. The first surgeon did not correct the problem (I'm trying to be nice here because I'm still bitter about that whole thing) so I went to Dr. Bohay and he was awesome! I had some complications along the way and had to have a lot of hardware put into my foot but he always put me at ease and he was always on top of the issues. My foot feels great! I can finally wear all my shoes again! He is the best!
in Wayland, MI |
Waited in the exam room for about 45 min - Dr. Bohay came in - spent 5 min maybe 10 at the most - not much time to ask questions. And if you need to call the office for anything, you never can get a hold of anyone - you always have to leave a message for them to call you back.
in Hudsonville, MI |
He ruined my mothers foot. He pushed her into a surgery that a 90 year old woman did not need and now she can not walk. She could still be walking with conservative treatment but he told her there was no other option for her. Unfortunately I lived out of state and my brother didn't get a second opinion.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
The frustration I have with Bohay is the long wait in the exam room, after check-in, after x-rays, after nurse questions. For two separate appointments, I sat in the exam room for 45-55 minutes waiting for him to see me. I took a nap, played on my phone, and waited. And when he did see me, it was 5 minutes and i was out the door. He really pushed the operation for a break that i thought didn't require it. I ended up just using a boot and let time heal it. He is knowledgeable.
in Holland, MI |
Doctor Bohay is very skilled and knowledgeable, and will tell you just like it is. I had a previous foot surgery by another surgeon that did not turn out how I wanted, but Dr. Bohay made sure to go over all the options and assured me that he was not going to let me suffer anymore. He fulfilled his promise and I would recommend anyone with orthopedic foot issues to use him. Schedule visits in the am to avoid a wait. Also their private surgery center was amazing, I was impressed with every aspect!
in Alma, MI |
Dr. Bohay is a very skilled Doctor. Very thorough, kind, easy to talk to and compassionate. He took time with me to talk about my issues and treated them very successfully. He is a skilled surgeon and I would highly recommend him. I am very pleased with Dr. Bohay as well as Orthopedic Associates of Michigan. An outstanding group of highly qualified and competent doctors. Thank you!
in Hastings, Mi |
Always upfront and honest in his assessment of your problem.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I was referred to Dr Bohay after a foot non-union-fracture surgery (done by another doctor) did not fuse. My body rejected everything Dr Bohay tried & would not cooperate. I live with a non-union fracture, cement insert & an Arizona Brace - all of which he monitors on a regular basis. I respect him highly & know he did his best to help me through many difficult situations. He has been a kind, efficient, understanding, and reassuring Orthopedic Surgeon through every step of my issues.
in Muskegon, MI |
I was sent to him because I was still having problems with my ankle tendon was injuried. When he was the ankle he knew right away the problem. He explained the process and how long the recovery would be. Before surgery he incouraged me to have a nerve block. He again was so right. By the time it wore off I was able to control the pain with medication.
in Fenwick, MI |
Very knowledgeable, very good bed side manner, very professional always takes time to answer questions.
in Big Rapids, MI |
Dr. BOHAY WAS EFFICIENT AND CARING THAT MY SURGERY WENT WELL. I HAD BUNION SURGERY AD WELL AS THREE OTHER TOES HAD TO BE OPERATED ON. IN FOLLOW UPS DR. BOHAY examined my foot thoroughly. I am pleased with the care I received from him.
in Hudsonville, Mi |
Dr. Bohay is a wonderful caring Doctor. He takes the time to answer all of your questions and will not make you feel like you have to hurry. And he will not recommend surgery unless it is necessary which was very much appreciated.
in Walker, MI |
Dr. Bohay has operated on my feet/ankle 3 times. He quickly and competently diagnosed the problem each time, discussed options with me, and facilitated everything I needed to bring the condition to a successful conclusion. I appreciated his sense of humor and genuine concern for my health.
in Mason, MI |
My experience with Dr. Bohay, staff and facility was excellent. This was my second foot surgery with Dr. Bohay and he surpassed all of my expectations. I would highly recommend him!
in Wyoming, MI |
Dr.Bohay is an outstanding surgeon. He is as caring as he is skillful. They are not too busy to answer questions. The office personnel are very helpful. The surgical center is much less stressful than a hospital might be. I would recommend him to everybody.
Have you seen Dr. Donald Bohay, MD?
Are you Dr. Bohay?

Compare Dr. Bohay

Dr. Bohay's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Bohay has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bohay's Board Certifications

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Arm
  • Bunion
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

University Of California
    University Of California

Completed in 1993

Wayne State University

Dr. Bohay does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bohay and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Achilles Tenotomy