Family Medicine  |
Dr. Donald Blagdon, MD
Dr. Donald Blagdon, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Hot Springs, AR. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Blagdon is affiliated with CHI St. Vincent Hot Springs.

McAuley Clinic (Community Care Clinic)

100 McGowan Ct

Hot Springs, AR 71913

• Medicaid of Arkansas

Learn about Dr. Blagdon

Dr. Blagdon's Experience

Dr. Blagdon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

Dr. Blagdon does not have any board certifications listed.

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Stitches
  • Urinalysis
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arkansas.

• Memorial University Of Newfoundland / Faculty Of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Memorial University Of Newfoundland / Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Dalhousie University / Faculty Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • National Defense Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Blagdon has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Blagdon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Blagdon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Blagdon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Blagdon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Blagdon to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Blagdon's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Cabot, AR |
Have been going there for years was always on top of getting test or recommending me to who I needed to see. Been there years yes there are times things can be off but considering what he has to deal with and the pill abuse in the us you have to be cautious. Never not referred me to where I needed to go was always on top of what was going on with me and love the staff I've never had to wait long. I wouldn't go anywhere else and even at times if I've disagreed with him he's got the degree not me!
in Hot Springs Village, AR |
We were just like most everyone else that has left review. My wife just recently got medicaid and had to find a doctor that accepts Medicaid. It was a scary experience anyway to have to change doctors midstream, but when he came into the room for very first appt. he proceeded to tell us how broke medicaid is and that he doesn't get paid. It costs the hospital 1000.00 every time someone goes to ER and his job is to only keep people out of ER. Terrible and terrifying experience do not use him!!!
in Hot Springs National Park, AR |
Worst doctor I have ever been to. He does not believe in mental illness, don't go to him with pain cause he will call you a liar. Very arrogant, called me a liar about a diagnosis of 18 years of mental health treatment. Does not believe in a person being disabled at a young age. I am 25 years old, I have been in counseling all my life when I went in for my first appointment he told me that all my psychiatrists were lying, when he does not have a license in psychology. The worst doctor in AR.
in Traskwood, ar |
I have been seeing him for 3 years. The apts are always running late. I am talking about couple hours. He carries this book to diagnose me. I have had lung cancer to MS. He has never diagnosed me or came up with my health plans. Now on top of everything else you can't even get hold if the office. The phone just rings and rings but when they are out to lunch you get a human answering person.
Jonesboro, AR |
At my son's first visit Dr. Blagdon came into the room muttering about how medicaid was not paying him fast enough. My son was only trying to establish a family physician. He has a rude attitude and wants to accuse you of being a drug seeker right off the bat. No one said a word about narcotics. He then proceeded to accuse me and my son of being drug addicts. I worked for the police department at the time of the visit. He is the only medicaid doctor in Hot Springs so he has people over a barrel
in Hot Springs National Park, AR |
From the moment Dr. Blagdon walked into the exam room I was immediately put at ease by his friendly demeanor and his air of competence and confidence. He felt like a family member or a friend, and that's exactly the level of trust you need with your doctor. He spends a lot of time with each of his patients, and he's more than willing to answer your questions or give you a sense of what to expect as you work together on your long-term healthcare goals.
in Hot Springs National Park, AR |
The office was clean and uncrowded. I was taken to an examination room within minutes of my arrival. The wait once there was a little long, but after I saw how much time he takes with patients, I understood. I was a new patient and Dr Blagdon took time to review my medical history, ask questions and offer alternative possibilities. He did not just rubber stamp my previous prescriptions and actually discussed problems that I was having and the impact of the meds I was taking.
in Hot Springs, AR |
This Doctor is horrible. He says that prior diagnoses are wrong and the doctor didn't know what they were talking about. He has to consult his Anatomy & Physiology book at every visit. He dismisses any patient concerns. He refuses referrals to specialists (e.g. neurologist, rheumatology, otolaryngology (ENT)). Worst experiences I have ever had.
in hot springs, AR |
He was very nice and super helpful after 5 years of worsening pain I find have a doctor's that figured out what's going on. I will continue to use him as long as he practices medicine
Have you seen Dr. Donald Blagdon, MD?
Are you Dr. Blagdon?