Dr. Don Stevens, MD

Dr. Don Stevens, MD

Medical Oncology  ·
Dr. Don Stevens, MD is a medical oncology specialist in Louisville, KY and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from University Of Louisville School Of Medicine in 1982 and specializes in medical oncology and hematology.

3991 Dutchmans Ln Ste 405

Louisville, KY 40207

• ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • Alliance Health Care
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Center Care
  • ChoiceCare Network

Learn about Dr. Stevens

See how frequently Dr. Stevens performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Blood Disorders
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
Anemia

Dr. Stevens's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Stevens "At Norton Healthcare, we believe you the patient are the most important person to our practice. As the region s leading health care provider, we are committed to providing comprehensive, quality health care to all those we serve in a manner that responds to the needs of our community and honors our faith heritage. Our specialty practice is a part of Norton Physician Services, a multispecialty physician group at Norton Healthcare. Norton Physician Services currently includes more than 400 providers who offer primary, specialty and urgent care services in over 100 locations throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Our practice is comprised of compassionate, skilled specialists who are committed to ensuring you receive the best care and have access to the latest medical technology and services."

• Medical Oncology
  • Hematology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Medical Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • University Of Louisville
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • University Louisville School Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Johns Hopkins University / School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Stevens has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stevens does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stevens and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stevens' Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stevens to family and friends

Dr. Stevens' Performance

I was visiting Louisville when I was diagnosed with Acute Myloid Leukemia in 2014. Dr Stevens made important decisions to begin intensive chemo shortly after I had abdominal surgery for a bowel obstruction. His decision saved my life. He got me into remission so I could return home and get further...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
i was his patient several years ago and can not say enough good about him and how I was treated. This was when he had a satellite practice at Jewish Hospital in Shelbyville....so it has been a while.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
My daughter received excellant care! He is very personable and takes his time with each patient. He listens and is very compassionate. My daughter was the oldest ALL patient he had treated. He worked feverishly until he found a cocktail, that put her in full remission! I will forever be grateful to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
My opinion of Dr. Stevens is very much negative in his caring for my wife. I would never recommend him to any of my friends or family.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option1
Dr. Stevens has been treating my multiple advanced cancers for approximate 10 years, and I find him exceptionally skilled and compassionate. His staff was equally helpful during my treatment and continuing care at Norton healthcare. I have total confidence in him, and have recommended him to 2...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option0