Cardiology  |
Male
Dr. Don Rowe, MD
Dr. Rowe was born in Montego Bay, Jamaica and came to this country at a young age with his family. He grew up in Miami, Florida. He graduated valedictorian from Carol City High School and was then offered an academic scholarship for a combined BA/MD 7 year program with Fisk University and Meharry Medical College School of Medicine in Nashville, TN. He graduated from Fisk Univeristy Summa Cum Laude and was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa academic medical society. In medical school at Meharry during his junior year he was inducted and later named president of the Alpha Omega Alpha academic medical society, Gamma chapter of Tennessee. He then graduated from medical school at Meharry in the top 1% of his class. Dr. Rowe moved to Atlanta, GA where he completed internship, residency and a fellowship in cardiovascular diseases at Emory University School of Medicine. He was on the Emory Faculty until 2014 where he held numerous positions at Emory Johns Creek Hospital including medical director of the Intermediate Cardiac Care Unit. Dr. Rowe holds board certifications in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Diseases. He is very active in his community and church and has given several CME and didactic sessions to the medical and non medical community. He was featured on CNN while at Emory for residency and on local television in more recent years while at Emory Johns Creek Hospital. Most Recently he has served as the chief of medicine at Dekalb Medical at Hillandale, Vice Chief of Cardiology, served on the Medical Executive Committee and still serves on their credentialing committee. In addition, Dr. Rowe also has privileges at Wellstar North Fulton , and the Northside Hospital system. Dr. Rowe performs cardiac (heart) catheterizations, transesophageal echocardiogram, cardioversions, echocardiography, vascular ultrasound interpretation, nuclear and non nuclear stress test interpretation as well as consultative cardiology. His clinical interests include Hypertensive Heart Disease, Congestive Heart Failure, Ischemic and Peripheral Vascular disease diagnosis and management. He enjoys time with his family which includes his wife, their 2 daughters and twin boys. He also enjoys landscape projects and enjoys being involved with several church and community events.

11780 Northfall Ln Ste 303

Alpharetta, GA 30009

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Rowe

Dr. Rowe's Experience

Dr. Rowe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Septal Defect
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Meharry Med Coll Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2004

Dr. Rowe has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rowe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rowe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rowe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rowe to family and friends
Dr. Rowe's Performance
in Cumming, GA |
I am very thankful to have Dr Rowe for my Dad's Cardiologist. He is very kind, caring and compassionate. He is very patient, he listens and answers our questions. He follows up to make sure my Dad is doing okay. It is easy to reach him especially when my dad needs a prescription for his medications. It is comforting to know that in spite of his professional success he remains humble. I wish we have more doctors like Dr. Rowe.
in Atlanta, GA |
I can't say enough wonderful words about Dr. Don Rowe. He is a wonderful cardiologist who truly cares about his patients. Thank you Dr. Rowe for your compassion and professionalism. You are truly a class act!
in Johns Creek, GA |
Dr. Rowe is simply a rockstar! He's caring and compassionate and wants you to have a very healthy heart, but he goes so much above and beyond just the heart. He cares about you as a human being and wants to see you become the healthiest version of yourself possible. He gave me a couple small tips regarding overall lifestyle and my blood pressure dropped quickly. Goodbye medications! Today marked my lowest blood pressure reading in 30 yrs. He will be our family cardiologist for life :)
Atlanta, GA |
This doctor is very very nice, and he is really concerned about his patients health, he is a great heart doctor and a praying one at that. He goes above and beyond his duties to make sure your alright.
Excellent Physician. Knowledgeable. Personable. Well experienced. Thorough. Takes urgent visits. Takes pride in patient care. As a physician I can truly appreciate all Dr. Rowe brings to the table.
in Alpharetta, GA |
Dr. Rowe and his staff were excellent. He is a great listener, shows high degree of competency and compassion. He was great in answering all my questions and taking time to inform me about my situation. Highly recommend Dr. Rowe and his great staff in Johns Creek and Northside Hospital.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Rowe is a very special doctor. I rarely if ever fill surveys out, but this man deserves it. It doesn't take a long review. If you see him you know your in the hands of the best. Everything you want in your doctor. He saved my fathers life. He is my cardiologist and takes care of my mother in law also.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Rowe was very informative and his explanation of my condition was very precise and understandable. The office staff was extremely friendly.
in Norcross |
I have longed for a physician that I could trust. I'm not scared into becoming healthy but inspired to become healthy. Doctor Rowe informs me about my condition in a way that is compasssionate and positive, yet with a seriousness wherein I feel respected and a priority. He is quite knowledgeable and I feel well informed and convinced I receive the zenith of healthcare from the best doctor.
in Duluth |
Dr. Don Rowe is undoubtedly one of the best that I have seen in recent times. I find him to be well rounded, extremely knowledgeable and I can tell he loves what he does. I'm usually very uptight when visiting any doctor and find that he always finds a way to put me at ease before getting down to business. He listens keenly to my concerns and is usually very frank, honest and outright...does NOT sugarcoat anything. I trust his judgement and would not hesitate to recommend him!!!
Boca Raton, Florida |
Dr. Rowe was not only attentive to both my cardiac and overall risk assessment needs, but he was thorough in his assessment of my overall wellness and health. His skill set and compassion was unlike anything I had ever encountered with any healthcare professional. Dr. Rowe is by far the best healthcare professional I have ever had the privilege of visiting and will continue to do so for all of my heart-related/risk assessment needs.
Atlanta, GA |
Seems like a caring doctor but told my private information to someone I did not approve.
in Conyers, GA |
Dr. Rowe is very considerate and patient. He makes you fell as you are his only patient.
Morrow, GA |
Dr Rowe is a great listener and he explains everything exceptionally well. He always clarifys that I understand what is going on with my health and I never feel rushed. He is positive, caring and upbeat. He is everything I want and need in a physician. I wouldnt see anyone else!
Have you seen Dr. Don Rowe, MD?
Are you Dr. Rowe?