Dr. Don Quast, MD

Dr. Don Quast, MD

General Surgery  |
36 reviews

Dr. Don Quast, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 84 years old and has been practicing for 59 years. Dr. Quast is affiliated with The Womans Hospital of Texas and Park Plaza Hospital....See Less

Learn about Dr. Quast

Dr. Don C. Quast has practiced General Surgery for over 40 years and has gained recognition from his colleagues in the medical field as a leader in his field of medicine. He is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery. Dr Quast has been appointed to many prestigious positions including Assistant Chief of Surgery at two hospitals and the Clinical Instructor in Surgery at the University of Texas Medical School here in Houston.

Dr. Quast is a graduate of Texas A&M University and attended medical school at Baylor University College of Medicine. He completed his medical internship here in Houston at Methodist Hospital and then completed a residency in both General Surgery and Thoracic Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals.

Dr. Quast's Experience

Dr. Quast's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Esophageal Diseases

• Methodist Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1959
  • Baylor University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1963

Dr. Quast has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Quast does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Quast and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Quast's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Quast to family and friends
Dr. Quast's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Quast is the best. Period.I was referred to him by my OBGYN,and I will forever be grateful for this phenomenal surgeon.He knew right away what was causing my problems and explained exactly what he was going to do to fix me. He helped give me my life back of pain free, and gave me a awesome looking belly.He is the most caring Doctor I have ever been to, he would check on me 2 times a day in the hospital.His nurse Susan is awesome,and so helpful! I will always cherish what he has done for me.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Quast is just as the person everyone has described. He's personable and makes you feel at ease. Even after he tells you everything you will be experiencin with the type of surgery he will be doing on me. I'll rewrite again, after my surgery is done in late June
Houston, TX |
Every time I have an appointment Dr. Quast is always available to answer questions or explain results as long as it takes. He is an excellent surgeon.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Quast is an extremely kind and caring doctor. He took the time to fully explain the surgery needed & when we could do it. His office set everything up and the surgery was done right away. I would highly recommend Dr. Quast to anyone looking for a good surgeon.
in Quitman,AR |
Best surgeon ever. Probably wouldn't still be here if it wasn't for this man. I'd leave my life in his hands any day.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Quast will be doing my surgery later this month. After 4 previous ER visits at different hospitals since June 2016 for pain in abdomen and a plethora of Dr visits, I went to Women's Hospital ER and was admitted to the hospital. Dr Quest was brought in to consult on my case and had a diagnosis within 8 hours after 6 months of zero diagnosis from other providers. What a caring, sweet, knowledgeable gentleman. Will update after surgery.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Quast was my surgeon for an emergency procedure while I was also pregnant. He continued to visit me 2-3 times daily while I was hospitalized for nearly 6 weeks and followed up with my regular physicians after I was released. He was amazing! Truly an awesome man and doctor. I couldn't asked for a better doctor to help care for my baby and myself.
in Pearland, TX |
Dr. Quast is a phenomenal surgeon! He is experienced in all fields - and is especially trained in difficult surgeries! In addition his bedside manner is outstanding, as is his commitment to giving his patients the best care. If it were not for his expertise during my high risk surgical procedures I likely would not be alive to write this review! If you are looking for the best surgeon to manage your case you need look no further than Dr. Don Quast!
in Seneca, SC |
Dr. Quast gave me my life back. I was experiencing chronic pelvic pain for a over a year. I had been to 10 other doctors, had an MRI, CT, 3 ultrasounds, a laparoscopy, and dozens of other blood and urine tests. I went from an active 20 year old to someone who could hardly get out of bed and take care of herself, and I was about to give up on doctors until we found him. He diagnosed me in 5 minutes and did the surgery the following week. Thank you for helping me get back to my life, Dr. Quast!
in Ocala, FL |
Dr Quast saved my life. I was shot in 1981. He was the attending. He took out the bullet and saved my life. he is wonderful and good bedside manner. his staff are great. they checked on me over and over again. It was a hold up at my restaurant, and I was shot when they took the money. I still have some lasting issues but none in relation to his terrific actions. HE SAVED MY LIFE and for that I think about him even to this day.
in Houston, TX |
Though he is on in years, Dr. Quast is extremely competent and experienced. Not only that, but he is the kindest, most compassionate surgeon that I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Instead of living up to the stereotype of being cold and aloof, Dr. Quast instead is warm, thoughtful, and comforting. It's like having an incredibly intelligent and able grandfather taking care of you. I never doubted his abilities and he did everything he could to make me feel safe. My surgery went extremely well
Have you seen Dr. Don Quast, MD?
Are you Dr. Quast?

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
    Blue Choice
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA