Dr. Don Park, MD

Dr. Don Park, MD

Orthopedic Spine SurgeryMale

Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Don Park, MD is an Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in Santa Monica, CA and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Ucsd Med Sch in 2006. He is affiliated with medical facilities UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center and Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

UCLA Spine Center

UCLA Spine Center1131 Wilshire Blvd Ste 100 Santa Monica, CA 90401
    • Sat: closed

UCLA Health Torrance - Primary & Specialty Care

UCLA Health Torrance - Primary & Specialty Care3500 Lomita Blvd Ste 100 Torrance, CA 90505

• Explains Conditions WellPatients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
  • Practices at Top HospitalAmerica's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Spine Surgeons at UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center

Dr. Park's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Park

4.0

Caring and highly knowledgeable.
I am so grateful to have found Dr. Park. He wanted to wait on surgery, I insisted, and we are both glad I was so insistent. He is highly trained and knows his field. I never felt rushed and he was patient and responsive to my in person questions and emails. 4 years post surgery and I feel great and learned how to do things correctly. I travel around the world, snorkel, and enjoy life. I am forever indebted to him.
AP – Dec 16, 2022
Wonder Doctor
On September 2nd, I underwent a very difficult procedure by Dr. Don Y. Park at UCLA Santa Monica Orthopedic Hospital. I have dealt with long term, dibilitating neck pain which caused me to lose my balance and control of my arms and legs. Although the idea of replacing three bones in my neck felt extremely risky, I always trusted Dr. Park because of his outstanding reputation and his ability to communicate well and ease and concern I had before surgery. Today is three weeks since the surgery, I am happy to say everything went well and I have regained full functionality of my arms and legs! I owe a lot of gratitude to Dr Park, the incisions and pain have healed quickly.
Grace – Sep 23, 2022
Dr Don Y Park is AMAZING
I recently had surgery on my cervical spine...I needed two discs replaced. I am a very physically active 60 year old and was very nervous about what impact this surgery would have on my lifestyle. First of all, Dr. Park was incredibly nurturing and so reassuring about the entire procedure. The day I went in for my surgery, he came to visit me and reassured me yet again, that I would be ok. I was so surprise when I awoke that I felt as great as I did! The chronic and utterly agonzing pain I had been experiencing in my upper back, neck and shoulder was gone. I was thrilled! And, even after a very long day of surgery for Dr. Park, he made time to come check on my recovery. He was and is always so calm and reassuring. At almost two months post surgery, I am SO HAPPY with the results! I can't say enough great things about Dr. Park. He has always been responsive to my many questions, always reassuring and helpful, takes the time to listen to me and is a FANTASTIC surgeon!
Therese Rizzo – May 17, 2022
Looking at his watch
Dr. Park couldn't wait to get out the door during our consultation. He spoke of the surgery like it was a piece of cake (severe anterolisthesis) and that the success rate was over 90%. Back surgery is very serious and the recovery can make or break the result. I want someone who'll put in the time with me, before, during and after surgery. Same for his physiatrist, Dr. Fish. Stay away from the UCLA Spine Center. It's like a factory.
  • Appointment was rushed
Mar 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Park, MD?
Dr. Park performed min invasive spine surgery on my back in Dec 2019 on L3 L4 L5. Spectacular results. I had extreme pain in the lower extremities which is now eliminated. The recovery has been remarkable. The results far better than I could have ever hoped for. Dr. Park has a great bedside manner and his team is great, including his nurse practitioner Rebbeca S. Prakash.
Chris in Los Angeles – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Park, MD?
Dr. Don Y. Park specializes in minimally invasive spinal surgery at UCLA. He performed surgery on an area of diagnosed "severe spinal stenosis" in my lumbar spine that had me in deep pain and limited movement. When I awoke after the surgery I was surprised to find that the spinal pain had gone away completely -such relief. My recovery was quick - even at 80 years of age - and has persisted over six months by now. In addition to his excellent surgical skills, Dr.Park is as patient, gentle and courteous as any physician I have ever met - and I have met many.
Herbert Blumstein – Jan 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Park, MD?
Dr. Park is amazing! I am a Registered Nurse who developed severe spinal stenosis due to wear and tear, arthritis and degenerative disk disease. Dr. Park showed compassion, and was kind during my interactions with him during the past 2 years. We tried everything but surgery was inevitable. I had surgery several months ago and My right leg numbness and weakness was gone as soon as I woke up from surgery. He was recommended by all of the doctors I work with and encounter.
Highly recommended! – Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Park, MD?
Dr. Park was amazing. I was extremely nervous to have my back surgery but he reassured me that it was an easy fix. Sure enough, after the surgery I had zero amount of pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Park.
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Park, MD?
Dr. Park recommended insertion of metal in my husband's spine which was contraindicated by the manufacturer of the product given his osteoporosis and their limited research.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
RW in Culver City, CA – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Park, MD?
Doctor spent 10 minutes with me. Told me, a patient in my 20s, to live with back pain. He said my pain will get worse over time. Told me to stop working out. Didn't offer a solution.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
JR in Los Angeles, CA – Dec 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Park, MD?
Dr. Park initially cared for me during an acute episode of spinal stenosis. I have congenital stenosis aggravated by arthritic and degenerative changes in the central canal and foraminal areas at a few levels. He was companionate,caring and most of all he was knowledgable and conservative. He moved to so.cal. From where my treatment began, if I progress from the stability I've gained I will likely make the trip for his expertise ! Dr Jeffrey T
Dr Jeffrey T in California – Dec 25, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Park, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Park?