Dr. Don Cheatum, MD

Rheumatology •  Male • Age 81

8440 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 430 Dallas, TX 75231

Dr. Don Cheatum, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Dallas, TX and has over 56 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Cheatum has more experience with Osteoporosis, Autoimmune Diseases, and Arthritis and Arthropathy than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Wash U, School of Medicine medical school in 1964. He is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cheatum to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Rheumatology Specialists in your area

• Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Cheatum accepts

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Cheatum

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Cheatum treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Cheatum treats other conditions, please contact the office at (214) 345-1408.

Osteoporosis

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis specialists.

Dr. Cheatum typically treats 98% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Osteoporosis
Osteopenia

Autoimmune Diseases

Autoimmune disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, and celiac disease in which the immune system attacks healthy cells.Compare with other Autoimmune Diseases specialists.

Dr. Cheatum typically treats 91% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

Autoimmune Diseases
Sjögren's Syndrome
Lupus
Rheumatoid Arthritis

Arthritis and Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis and Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Cheatum typically treats 76% more often than similar doctors

• Lupus
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

Dr. Cheatum's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cheatum

3.6

Dr. Cheatum?
very dedicated to his patients. My appointment was at 430AM. He was there.
Dec 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Cheatum since 2006, at first I wasn't sure about him but I think that is normal for most people. As time went on and my condition reached its all time high, he worked hard at trying to get my pain and swelling under control. We went through several types of meds and quite a long time but we made it. He has been a big part of our lives and I am very glad we found. He is a wonderful doctor and caring , he is the type of doctor that is hard to find these days.
Glenda Bradshaw in Point, TX – Jun 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
Dr. Cheatum is always behind in his appointments. I cannot figure out how he is unable to stay on time because once I am in the exam room with him he barely lets me speak, does not listen to my concerns when I become assertive and has never spent more than five to seven minutes in the room with me. I will come for an appointment and wait for over three hours, sometimes barely making it to work on time. This is not acceptable.
Ft Worth, TX – May 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
I could never get a hold of nurse at all when really needed. The office wait time is long and the nurses all seems careless.
Amy in Plano, TX – May 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
Though my first appointment was at 3:30AM!!!!!!! Dr Cheatum is by far the most knowledgeable Doctor I have ever known. After 30 years looking for a answer Dr Cheatum and his experience was finally able to connect the dots. I am on chemotherapy now and feeling so much better.
Terry in Denison, Texas – Apr 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
i just love Dr. Cheatum, MD he's a very very good doctor and reading how one patient left a remark saying that he uses old equipment i personally love the old fashion ways that is the best way now days all this new method way of treating a patient does no work for me. he's a older doctor that know the old fashion ways which kept us from getting sick back then and everything thing worked and Doctor Cheatum, old ways i just love his old treatments that he request for me to do and take i just love
kennette in Lewisville, TX – Feb 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
We took my wife there due to 3 month wait to see rheumatologist in our community. We had seen at least three docs trying to find out what was wrong. We arrived at and were seen by Dr Cheatum the initial session was one hr then , xrays and lab work. she was prescribed one medication with a follow up and more tests to make sure about the diagnosis. She was having almost complete relief within three days on the new med. The Dr definitely is very thorough and knows what he is doing.
David in Paris, TX – Feb 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
I had bounced around from doc to doc for my illness for almost 8 years. I kept hearing 'Well THIS result indicates X diagnosis but THIS doesn't so since you don't meet all of the criteria for X diagnosis, we will just treat your symptoms.' My prior doctor pointed out the abnormalities in my labs and then told me I was depressed. No one took the time to put all the PA and UnSp pieces together until I met Dr Cheatum. I am so grateful to him!! I hunted for the best and found him! Thank You Dr. C!!
Dallas, TX – Jan 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
Keeps odd hours and pushes new drugs on you without listening to you. But the way he goes about getting a name for what is wrong is done on very old equipment.
Neanne in Dallas, TX – Oct 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
Diagnosis was difficult to find until I met Dr Cheatum. Not only did he request many tests but also listened intently to me and my medical history. After looking over the tests results, a diagnosis came and treatment began. Dr Cheatum is one of the finest doctors I have met. He and his staff were respectful and courteous. I recently had to move and can only hope to find another doctor who may come close to Dr. Cheatum and his care
Nancy Higginbotham in Gardner, KS – Sep 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
The staff is very rude except the lady that did my blood work. I hope she is paid well. I have dealt with medical conditions over 20 yrs with no accurate diagnosis. Was told this was the place to go but been trying to get my results since March being bullied to take test I have told uses a dye I am allergic to so denying results of the blood test I've already done if I don't do the remaining test (which I only went in for a blood disorder). I would think illegal, for sure unethical! = about $
Sherman, TX – Aug 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
Dr. Cheatum found out that I had SLE when other doctors said my symptoms were just all In my head. He has been my rheumatologist since 2002 and I am most grateful to him for his thoroughness in finding out my health issues & treating me for them. He has discovered a genetic type of arthritis in my husband & now we both see him. Dr. Cheatum has been a God send for us these past 16 yrs. & we thank God for him & for his diligent hard work to help us. We pray for good health for him & his fam.
Carolyn Charba in Powderly, TX – May 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Cheatum's since 2008. He is an excellent Dr. He is very detailed and will explain things. Be prepared with questions because he is not chatty..
Dallas, TX – Mar 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?
I have been a patient for 15 years for RA . I am doing very well with my medications and have very few side effects mainly mouth users associated with methatrexate. He listens when I have questions or concerns and he advises me the best course of action. I would recommend Dr. Cheatum and his staff to anyone looking for a RA doctor that really knows his stuff.
Feb 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Don Cheatum, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cheatum?

• Rheumatology