Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 80

Dr. Losacco

Dominic Losacco MD Inc

6565 S Yale Ave Ste 706 Tulsa, OK 74136

Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Tulsa, OK and has over 54 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Wayne State U, School of Medicine medical school in 1967. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Losacco to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Check Dr. Losacco's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mania
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Losacco's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Losacco

3.5

Dr. Losacco?
  • Office environment (39)
  • Wait times (37)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (35)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (17)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (16)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (16)
To find out more information about this doctor, do a thorough Google search, including Oklahoma medical board records
Dave – Apr 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
That idiot told me to stop my medicines before even hearing what they were, Then told me to follow up in a couple of weeks. I informed him I believe that would be extremely unwise so he just ushered me out and I believe that’s about the highest grade of malpractice one could commit
Oct 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
This doctor has a very poor bedside manner and overprescribes highly addictive medications. I high recommend you google him, and click the link that states Oklahoma Medical Board Dominic Losacco
Tulsa – Sep 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
This is the most unprofessional doctor I know in Tulsa. First, he overprescribes highly addictive controlled drugs, and fails comply with completing a structured psychiatric Clinical Interview with patients. As a doctor myself in another field, let me elaborate. First, medical record keeping. I requested copies of my records, and I honestly thought he was joking with me when I attempted to read any of his writings. He implements to structure, or specific reasoning with respect afforded to diagnosing. He implements no diagnostic tests, such as the MMPI. In my opinion, and obviously this represents my opinion only, this doctor should not be practicing, and I would use profound caution with him
Tulsa, OK – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
He doesn't accept insurance. You pay up front and they will give you a claim form. But he is a great Dr. If you prescription was denied it was probably because you take pain meds and that's probably it. This man knows what he is doing.
Arron Tulsa Area – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
FANTASTIC!! I have been seeing another psychiatrist in Plano, TX for 7 years. On my first appointment today, he spent more quality time with me than my other doctor did in the last full year. He asked a lot of questions, thoroughly going over my current medications, speaking about my background, and just giving me a thorough overview. I told him concerns I had about some of the medications I was taking, and he made excellent suggestions for changes. He was personal, warm, considerate and compassionate. Highly recommend.
Laurie in Tulsa, OK – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
Dr. Losacco is a top notch doctor that is very knowledgeable. He listens very well and is not afraid to prescribe the proper medicine to treat your condition. He is the best psychiatrist I have been to in years. If you are looking for a caring and compassionate doctor look no further.
Tulsa, OK – Feb 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
Dr. Losacco is a life saver. He helped treat my add/adhd. He is the best doctor I have ever had. I highly recommend him to all adults struggling with add/adhd .
Kimberly – Jan 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
Sounds like he's a great doctor but you must pay all upfront cost which start at $410 and hope your insurance company pays you back all of your out of pockets costs
dana ryan in Tulsa, OK – Sep 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
I was informed in June of 2018 by my Tulsa Walmart pharmacist that they will not fill any prescription from Dr. Losacco. To confirm the veracity of this post, please complete due diligence before deleting this review, as it can be confirmed by contacting any Tulsa Walmart pharmacist. Given this information, it is the discretion of the patient as to how to evaluate Walmart's decision. This review is stated in good faith on August 2, 2018.
Linda – Aug 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
I can’t say enough great things about this man. I’ve been to other docs, and they didn’t come close to having the knowledge, expertise and most of all, the compassion and concern that Dr. Losacco has towards his patients. He takes his time and is never rushed or in a hurry to get you out of there (and I’ve never had to wait longer than maybe 5-10 min). He has a wonderful staff too!
Lisa S. in Tulsa – Jul 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
Dr Losacco helped me get my quality of life back where other doctors would not or could not see past beaurocracy. He focused on my mental health and well being and has gone above and beyond the status quo in my opinion. He is able and willing to bypass the opinions of others as long as his patient is doing well and putting the patient first is what it's all about. Thanks for the help that many so called professionals were not capable of giving or understanding.
Lonnie – Jun 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
This doctor saved my life. I find myself constantly recommending him to everyone because I desperately want my loved ones to experience the compete life turnaround that I had. He listens. He considers. He takes his time. He prescribes what you need and doesn't waste your time with nonsense like other doctors. If something isn't right you can call him immediately and he will address it.
LR in Tulsa, OK – May 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
Dr Losacco has been my doctor for over a year and has been treating me for my psychiatric needs in such a professional manner that I felt the need to write this review. I have been able to follow the doctors suggested method of treatment with wonderful results. Dr. Losacco treats me with respect and asks questions that help identify my symptoms in a way that really works wonders. Thank you so much for the professional and prompt attention you have given to my medical needs.. Sincerely, Cynthia P
Cynthia Parent in Locust Grove, Oklahoma – Jan 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
I have gone through hell and back since I was 6. I am 37 now. Panic Attacks, OCD, Depression... I have found two psychiatrists in that time who not only are safe, but also talk to you while you are there. Too many just put the script down and refuse to talk. Losacco is excellent! He is pricy, but you get what you pay for!
Oklahoma – Sep 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
I simply don't consider this doctor to be very compassionate and a very good listener. Also he doesn't except hardly any insurance and requires you to pay the full amount upfront. He only accepts -one insurance- company. For that reason and the other reason I left for a new doctor I was paying 100+ dollars per visit out of my pocket because of this
Tulsa, OK – Jun 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
He is a wonderful Dr. is staff Is horrible rude and unorganized
Jerry in Tulsa, OK – Mar 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
He is good at considering certain angles in your life that other doctors may disregard. You can also call him any time if a drug isn't working. BUT. He pushes certain drugs over and over again, even if you tell him you don't like them or they don't work for you. He also REALLY overmedicates his patients -- he believes in using a pill to fix EVERYTHING, in large doses. He never warns of side effects ever. He's also very disorganized and will forget what drugs he has prescribed you in the past.
Beware in Tulsa, OK – Sep 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
I can't ever just talk to him when I need to, he did not remember things I told him and even told him things that were possible side affects from the medicine which he completely ignored, his secretaries I do not like, even forgot to bill my insurance my first visit and didn't know until my next appoinment. I am not sleeping at night and for whatever reason i may not here from him till monday.. Which his secretary said herself. Which I called on Wednesday, I would never recommend him to anyone..
Prefer to not say. in Skiatook, OK – Jun 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?
Dominic listens carefully to you and is willing to prescribe what he thinks will help you. It is amazing how well he understands the human brain and makes you feel better about your condition. I have been going to him for a few years now, and I can't imagine going to anybody else. He is a Doctor Who tells it like it is and if we have problems, he works through the problem with me. There is a reason why he has constantly been named the best psychiatrist in Tulsa.
Bill R. Bland in Tulsa, OK – Apr 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dominic Losacco, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Losacco?

• Psychiatry