Dr. Dominic Carreira, MD

Dr. Dominic Carreira, MD

Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery | Male

Florida Institute of Orthopaedic Surgical Specialists 2307 W Broward Blvd # 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 Get Directions

Dr. Carreira specializes in Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery and practices in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Carreira? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Carreira's Experience

See how Dr. Carreira's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Carreira

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Carreira has admitting privileges.

Dr. Carreira's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carreira to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Carreira's Performance
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
He is very knowledgeable and an excellent surgeon. I have a rare condition which made my surgery more difficult than anticipated. Dr. Carreira still managed to align the bones and repair the surrounding soft tissue to correct the defect. His staff is also very pleasant and helpful.
Miami, FL |
Disappointed in his overall demeanor. Thought highly of him in 2012 but seams to have lost his compassion since he left Broward Health. Lack of communication overall
in Pompano Beach, FL |
my name is Charles Dr Carreira is my doctor. have had a problem with my toe for over a year, and it is from bad. Neuropathy condition that I have. I went too Dr Carreira and he did Surgery on my toe. On top and bottom of my foot and now I am doing well. cant thank Dr Carreira enough his help. he is the best foot doctor out there. thanks for all your help doctor CARREIA. ANY BOBY THAT NEEDS HELP WITH THERE FOOT OR ANKLE THIS IS THE DOCTOR TO GO TOO BY FAR.
in Tavernier, FL |
Dr. Carreria is a very skilled surgeon, and maintains the highest standards of medical practice. His staff are well-trained and efficient. He and his staff were responsive to all of my questions and concerns. I had excellent outcomes with two surgeries, and would recommend Dr. Carreira and his staff.
in Weston, FL |
After researching a number of Orthopedic surgeons in S. FL, I was very fortunate to have found Dr. Carreira. Ordinarily, I would expect a specialist of his caliber to have a snooty attitude. But this is not at all the case with Dr. Carreira. He is kind, courteous, and has an easygoing demeanor. This comes across loud and clear as evidence of his concern for his patients. I am now 3 months out of a hip labrum repair arthroscopy, which was previously botched by another surgeon. Thank you Doctor.
in Davie, FL |
Dr. Carreira is not only brilliant, he has the bedside manner of a small town family doctor. He's thoughtful, precise, and I truly felt like he considered my case individually as opposed to being lumped in with every other similar case. His attention to detail, respectful manners, and detailed explanations were all that you hope to find in an amazing doctor. His staff is knowledgable, kind, and they prepare you mentally and physically for what would be an otherwise high stress situation.
in Miami, FL |
This is a great office. I enjoyed my visit from beginning to end. I spoke with Trini to make an appointment sns she called me back as promised. The employees are friendly and very helpful. Dr Carriera arrived ON TIME to my appointment and sat with me and discussed my options. HIs assistant Tom is a gem. I wish Dr Carriera was a general practitioner so I could recommend his as my family doctor.
Palm Harbor, FL |
Dr. Carreira performed hip surgery on our son and the entire experience from start to finish was excellent. Dr. C is extremely busy but we never felt rushed and we asked a LOT of questions. He was patient and thorough in his explanations to us. His staff was incredibly helpful, responsive and efficient even a month after surgery as we work through insurance resolutions. I can't recommend Dr. C enough.
in Hollywood, FL |
My son was recommended to Dr. Carreira a few years ago for a heel injury. The moment we met him, we felt at ease and trusted him. He is extremely calm, caring, and thorough. My son had a fracture, followed the doctors instructions and he was better in the time frame the doctor thought We came back about 3 years later with another injury on the ankle with the same great results. I went back for my foot/ankle and again very happy. The STAFF, Tom, Olga, Donna, Daniele,& others at desk are Great
in Hialeah, FL |
I waited 11 months before even going in for a consult b/c i was so scared. Staff took me in for an appt quickly, got MRI's and other tests done fast and got me in for surgery in less then a month. I was up and walking after my labrum repair in less then 2 weeks. No pain. 1 year later all is wonderful.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I broke my ankle 4 years ago in Colorado. After the orthopedist in Colorado had misdiagnosed me , 4 months later I saw dr carrera. His initial words after seeing the MRI and CT SCAN were " this is going to be hard" To make a long story short , today I'm functioning fine with no pain. Others I know that had a similar surgery by someone else still have pain
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Great experience on for a proximal hamstring repair
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
All aspects of Dr. Carreira's practice were fantastic. The office was clean, the staff was quick and attentive, and most importantly, the surgery that Dr. Carreira performed went so much better than I would have ever expected.
New York, NY |
This is the second place I wrote on and I never have done this . Run don't walk... He has to be the most self centered doctors with the worst bed side manner I have ever come across. He is treating my son and dealing with him and his staff has been nothing short of a nightmare. He has what I call a true god complex. He performed surgery on my son and just made this situation so much worse. Thought I would let me people know .
Have you seen Dr. Dominic Carreira, MD?
Are you Dr. Carreira?

Compare Dr. Carreira

Dr. Carreira's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Carreira has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Carreira's Board Certifications

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

Steadman-Hawkins Clinic

Completed in 2006

University of Notre Dame

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Carreira does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carreira and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery