Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD

Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Aurora, IL. He is affiliated with medical facilities Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush University Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ruban to book an appointment.

Rush Copley Medical Group

New Patient?
Rush Copley Medical Group Neurosurgery2040 Ogden Ave Ste 300 Aurora, IL 60504

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Ruban is affiliated with Rush Copley Medical Center Aurora, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Rush Copley Medical Group

Dr. Ruban's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ruban

Dr. Ruban
I had cervical ACFD by Dr. Dimitry Ruban 19 days ago and am very happy with the outcome. It is amazing to finally not have constant numbness and pain. The staff in the office and also Lauren Franker APR are always courteous and very helpful. I strongly recommend Dr. Ruban and his staff. Thank you
Richard Otto – Mar 21, 2021
2 level neck fusion by Dr. Ruban. Very happy with how I'm feeling 1 year post op. His staff, and the nurses, and staff at Rush Copley hospital were great.
Mar 06, 2021
Dr. Ruban did an outstanding job on my Microdiscectomy surgery between L4 and L5. My back feels way better than before surgery just one and a half weeks out from surgery. I know that is a faster recovery than normal, but I am a avid fitness enthusiast, and a former competitive amateur bodybuilder and personal trainer. I have to say at 59 years old, my back feels better than it has in years. Thank you Dr. Ruban and your great nursing staff!
Mark Allbee – Jun 10, 2020
I had an emergency craniotomy by Dr. Ruban on New Years Day, 2020, at Rush Copley Hospital. The surgery was a success, even though I had seizures a couple of days after the surgery. Dr. Ruban and Lauren kept my family informed and involved with decisions regarding my care and recuperation. I am gladly back to normal. A heart felt thank you to Dr. Dmitry Ruban and Lauren Franker, APN.
Apr 01, 2020
3rd surgery in 5 years and very satisfied. Never had any doubt about returning and having it performed by Dr. Rubin and his staff. Follow up was simple and thorough.
Kevin Enyart – Mar 27, 2020
Excellent surgeon and staff. Very pleased with the results. Would highly recommend.
Gail – Mar 24, 2020
I was pleased with my visit. The doctor explained the operation in detail. I understood what he would do in surgery, He told me I would have to spend the night at the hospital and be released the following day.
David Adam – Mar 22, 2020
He performed my microdesectomy and laminectomy almost three years ago and he did wonderful.Thank you Dr.Ruban
Katie – Nov 09, 2019
Dr. Ruban is an excellent surgeon. Gets the job done professionally and minimal pain. He is very knowledgeable on spine surgery. I used him twice for two needed operations and his results are excellent.
Jack Weis – Oct 18, 2019
Dr. Ruban, and his APN Lauren Franker are nothing short of excellent. I can tell you with confidence you need to look no further for a caring knowledgeable , and experienced Surgeon. I have had two Minimally Invasive Laminectomy Surgeries over the past 5 years, both excellent results. I can also tell from experience APN Lauren Franker is the best at the Post- Op visits, also very knowledgeable. Lauren will answer all questions you may have. She is excellent at Patient Care.
Loren Ludwig – Oct 08, 2019
I specifically sought out Dr Ruban for my lower back surgery and traveled from Florida for my surgery. He was recommended by a friend who had surgery 4 years ago and I am so glad I made the trip! His professionalism and patience to spend time to explain things is beyond anything I have experienced in my 57 years. I am currently 6 weeks post surgery and back to walking 3 to 6 miles a day without the pain and numbness I was experiencing. Excellent job by Dr Ruban! I also want to comment on his staff as well. Everyone in the office was friendly and compassionate each time I was there and were very helpful finding options that worked with my travel to and from the Chicago area. Lauren was also simply awesome in the hospital and during my recovery and follow up. All of my messages were answered promptly and professionally. As for the rest of the Rush Copley staff, I never ran across anyone there in my 2 night stay who wasn’t fantastic! Caring folks around me 24 x 7 there!
Timothy Colwell – Jul 27, 2019
Dr. Ruban is an excellent doctor and I am very grateful and thankful to him and his staff. I was so afraid of having surgery and I was so shocked on how well I felt after surgery. My recovery went so smoothly and at times I would forget I even had the surgery. If anyone has to have neurosurgery, then they are in great hands with Dr. Ruban and his staff.
Apr 15, 2019
I have a ruptured disc in my lower back as confirmed by multiple mri's and 2 other surgeons and only correctable by surgery. I informed him that I have been in pain management for a year and it has only worsened. He reviewed the mri and report. He then said that low back surgery has a low success rate and I should pursue pain management. His decision was so wrong and confusing that I can only find one explanation, I'm a medicaid patient and he didn't want to do surgery because of this.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
none – Mar 04, 2019
Dr. Ruban specializes in spine surgery preformed surgery on my thoracic/lumbar spine in early 2018. Initially I was rushed to the hospital for spinal cord compression. Recently, I was rushed to the hospital due to a seizure from a brain tumor. He preformed a craniotomy on the right side of my brain. Very intuitive health care.
  • Long wait times
Jan 04, 2019
Kind, caring, considerate, knowledgeable, professional, and that is the staff. Dr Ruban leads this team and is above all a high quality individual that you can turn your cares over to. Surgical repair was completed and is a working well.
MJ in Aurora, IL – Oct 10, 2018
Dr. Ruban has completed three of my six spinal surgeries, and has done an excellent job. His support staff is superb, especially APN Lauren Franker. He always takes plenty of time to explain the process, the time line, and the expected results. I have great confidence in him, and will return if any more spinal surgeries are needed.
Gary Verseput in Warrenville – Aug 18, 2018
I actually already have recommended Dr. Ruban a few times. As far as I'm concerned, he saved my life. Great bedside manner, and as far as him as a Neurosurgeon, here is some useful information. I wanted a second opinion regarding follow-up care, so I met with Dr. Chandler at Northwestern in Chicago. Dr. Chandler is known as the "Best in the Midwest". He looked at my scans, and said the work Dr. Ruban did was perfection, and definitely as good as his own. So, yes, Dr. Ruban is the best.
Batavia, IL – Aug 09, 2018
I’ve had a great experience! Dr. Ruban is fantastic!He is patient and kind. He took his time to explain everything give me all my options. He was very patient with all my questions. Lauren Franker, APN and the Nurses are also fantastic! The entire staff there is so nice. They make you feel very comfortable. Highly recommend!
Ryan in Illinois – Aug 03, 2018
Dear Dr. Ruban: I write to express my deep appreciation and sincere gratitude to you, Ms. Lauren Franker and all other associates of Rush-Copley NS. for your courteous assistance, professionalism, and patience. My conversations with all of you were reassuring and delightful, for which I cannot thank you enough. Rush-Copley NS is fortunate indeed to have distinguished, superbly skilled, and caring medical professionals such as yourself and all others. I send you my regards and best wishes.
Satyabrata Chakrabarti in Aurora, IL – Jun 26, 2018
I was in bed for weeks with a herniated disc L4 L5. I was in so much pain I couldn't walk, drive, sleep or get out of bed. I was referred to Dr. Ruban. This is my third surgery. I have never felt better. The first 2 surgeries were done by someone else and I couldn't walk for weeks. I was up walking the day after surgery. I would recommend, which I have, to anyone. Great Dr.
Colleen Stover in DeKalb, IL – Jun 26, 2018

How was your experience with Dr. Ruban?

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Ruban's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ruban's Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high

Dr. Ruban treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Ruban treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis
  • Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Hide other areas of care
Intervertebral Disc Disease

• Brain Surgery
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Microsurgical Spine Surgery
  • Minimal Access Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Neck Surgery
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Ruban accepts

Dr. Ruban accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO

Provide compassionate care for patients with neurological conditions that require surgical intervention.

Dr. Dmitry Ruban specializes in neurosurgery. He is particularly interested in spine problems and uses a wide array of procedures including minimally invasive...Read more

• Neurosurgery