Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD

Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD

Neurological Spine SurgeryMale

Neurological Spine Surgery

Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD is a Neurological Spine Surgery Specialist in Aurora, IL. He is affiliated with medical facilities Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush University Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Rush Copley Medical Group

Rush Copley Medical Group Neurosurgery2040 Ogden Ave Ste 300 Aurora, IL 60504
New Patient?

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Ruban's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ruban

Dr. Ruban

Dr. Ruban was very informative and listened to my concerns about surgery and my want for a more conservative approach.
Mar 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
He explained clearly & in sufficient detail my condition. Did not rush & I was able to ask all my questions. He even referred me to another Rush neurosurgeon who has more expertise with my issue.
Feb 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
Whenever I run into a spot of trouble over my health, I schedule with Dr. Ruban. I rely on him because of his accurate, experience and ethics.
Feb 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
After a negative experience & dx & treatment with another doctor. I made an appointment with Dr. Ruban - he listened, examined me & we came up with the best treatment option. This did not happen with previous doctor.
Sep 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
I had cervical ACFD by Dr. Dimitry Ruban 19 days ago and am very happy with the outcome. It is amazing to finally not have constant numbness and pain. The staff in the office and also Lauren Franker APR are always courteous and very helpful. I strongly recommend Dr. Ruban and his staff. Thank you
Richard Otto – Mar 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
2 level neck fusion by Dr. Ruban. Very happy with how I'm feeling 1 year post op. His staff, and the nurses, and staff at Rush Copley hospital were great.
Mar 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
Dr. Ruban did an outstanding job on my Microdiscectomy surgery between L4 and L5. My back feels way better than before surgery just one and a half weeks out from surgery. I know that is a faster recovery than normal, but I am a avid fitness enthusiast, and a former competitive amateur bodybuilder and personal trainer. I have to say at 59 years old, my back feels better than it has in years. Thank you Dr. Ruban and your great nursing staff!
Mark Allbee – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
I had an emergency craniotomy by Dr. Ruban on New Years Day, 2020, at Rush Copley Hospital. The surgery was a success, even though I had seizures a couple of days after the surgery. Dr. Ruban and Lauren kept my family informed and involved with decisions regarding my care and recuperation. I am gladly back to normal. A heart felt thank you to Dr. Dmitry Ruban and Lauren Franker, APN.
Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
3rd surgery in 5 years and very satisfied. Never had any doubt about returning and having it performed by Dr. Rubin and his staff. Follow up was simple and thorough.
Kevin Enyart – Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
Excellent surgeon and staff. Very pleased with the results. Would highly recommend.
Gail – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
I was pleased with my visit. The doctor explained the operation in detail. I understood what he would do in surgery, He told me I would have to spend the night at the hospital and be released the following day.
David Adam – Mar 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
He performed my microdesectomy and laminectomy almost three years ago and he did wonderful.Thank you Dr.Ruban
Katie – Nov 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
Dr. Ruban is an excellent surgeon. Gets the job done professionally and minimal pain. He is very knowledgeable on spine surgery. I used him twice for two needed operations and his results are excellent.
Jack Weis – Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
Dr. Ruban, and his APN Lauren Franker are nothing short of excellent. I can tell you with confidence you need to look no further for a caring knowledgeable , and experienced Surgeon. I have had two Minimally Invasive Laminectomy Surgeries over the past 5 years, both excellent results. I can also tell from experience APN Lauren Franker is the best at the Post- Op visits, also very knowledgeable. Lauren will answer all questions you may have. She is excellent at Patient Care.
Loren Ludwig – Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
I specifically sought out Dr Ruban for my lower back surgery and traveled from Florida for my surgery. He was recommended by a friend who had surgery 4 years ago and I am so glad I made the trip! His professionalism and patience to spend time to explain things is beyond anything I have experienced in my 57 years. I am currently 6 weeks post surgery and back to walking 3 to 6 miles a day without the pain and numbness I was experiencing. Excellent job by Dr Ruban! I also want to comment on his staff as well. Everyone in the office was friendly and compassionate each time I was there and were very helpful finding options that worked with my travel to and from the Chicago area. Lauren was also simply awesome in the hospital and during my recovery and follow up. All of my messages were answered promptly and professionally. As for the rest of the Rush Copley staff, I never ran across anyone there in my 2 night stay who wasn’t fantastic! Caring folks around me 24 x 7 there!
Timothy Colwell – Jul 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
Dr. Ruban is an excellent doctor and I am very grateful and thankful to him and his staff. I was so afraid of having surgery and I was so shocked on how well I felt after surgery. My recovery went so smoothly and at times I would forget I even had the surgery. If anyone has to have neurosurgery, then they are in great hands with Dr. Ruban and his staff.
Apr 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
I have a ruptured disc in my lower back as confirmed by multiple mri's and 2 other surgeons and only correctable by surgery. I informed him that I have been in pain management for a year and it has only worsened. He reviewed the mri and report. He then said that low back surgery has a low success rate and I should pursue pain management. His decision was so wrong and confusing that I can only find one explanation, I'm a medicaid patient and he didn't want to do surgery because of this.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
none – Mar 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
Dr. Ruban specializes in spine surgery preformed surgery on my thoracic/lumbar spine in early 2018. Initially I was rushed to the hospital for spinal cord compression. Recently, I was rushed to the hospital due to a seizure from a brain tumor. He preformed a craniotomy on the right side of my brain. Very intuitive health care.
  • Long wait times
Jan 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
Kind, caring, considerate, knowledgeable, professional, and that is the staff. Dr Ruban leads this team and is above all a high quality individual that you can turn your cares over to. Surgical repair was completed and is a working well.
MJ in Aurora, IL – Oct 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?
Dr. Ruban has completed three of my six spinal surgeries, and has done an excellent job. His support staff is superb, especially APN Lauren Franker. He always takes plenty of time to explain the process, the time line, and the expected results. I have great confidence in him, and will return if any more spinal surgeries are needed.
Gary Verseput in Warrenville – Aug 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitry Ruban, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ruban?