Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD

Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD

Bariatric Surgery  |
Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD is a bariatric surgery doctor who practices in Saratoga Springs, NY. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Read his story

1 West Ave Ste 300

Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Baranov

See how frequently Dr. Baranov performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Gastric Bypass Surgery, Laparoscopic
Stomach Surgery

Dr. Baranov's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Baranov's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Baranov "Dr. Baranov was named Medical Director of our bariatric surgery and weight loss program because of his exceptional combination of experience, credentials, successful results, and empathy for bariatric patients. He chose to specialize in bariatric surgery because "no other surgery has such a profound, positive impact on patient health, well-being, and quality of life." Under Dr. Baranov's leadership, Saratoga Bariatric Surgery Program has received National accreditation at the highest designation level by MBSAQIP (Joint accreditation by American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery). Dr Baranov is an American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) Center of Excellence Surgeon, who devotes 100% of his professional time to bariatric surgery. He has completed hundreds of successful bariatric procedures. A native of Russia, Dr. Baranov earned his medical degree from Saratov State Medical University. He also holds a PhD from Russian State Medical University in Moscow. After coming to the U.S., Dr. Baranov completed a general surgery residency at The Brooklyn Hospital Center in New York and a fellowship in bariatric and minimally invasive surgery at Boston University Medical Center. Dr. Baranov is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, and a member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons and the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract. He has published numerous articles and abstracts."

This content was provided by Dr. Baranov "Personalized, caring approach to each patient."

• Bariatric Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Metabolic Disorders
  • Metabolic Syndrome

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Gastric Bypass Surgery, Laparoscopic
  • Revision Surgery
  • Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Stomach Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Saratov State Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • The Brooklyn Hospital Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • The Brooklyn Hospital Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Boston University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Baranov has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Baranov does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baranov and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Baranov's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baranov to family and friends
Dr. Baranov's Performance
M |
Dr Baranov is a very competent physician. I always felt like he truly had my best interests at heart. Even my other Drs stated he is highly regarded.
New York, NY |
Dr. Baranov and his team are amazing. I’m 6 days post op and feel great. I highly recommend Dr. Baranov!
in Saratoga Springs, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr Barrnoff and Saratoga Bariatrics to anyone in need. The support you get from the office staff to his professional team is wonderful. . All have great respect for his knowledge and skills. His process will give you all the tools you need to make your surgery a success. He begins with an informational conference and is very pro active. treats any possible side effects ahead avoiding you of any unnecessary discomfort. Thumbs up for Dr Barnoff all the way !
in Plattsburgh, NY |
Amazing Doctor and Staff. Highly recommended if you are interested in Bariatric Surgery
Excellent office and surgeon. Highly recommend, they are extremely busy these days so some of the personal service is rushed but the office staff and nursing still care very much. Your first appointment I think is just way too much information at one time, too much to grasp at once. There in office over 2 hours with constant information being thrown at you and not much time to think, might be better to break that up more
in Plattsburgh, NY |
Dr. Dmitri Baranov is a top surgeon in his field and I trusted him completely preforming my Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. I am 5 days past surgery and feel great. His care and skill during my surgery has made the beginning of my recovery a great experience. Dr. Baranov's staff is amazing. I have received the greatest care and support from all involved. I highly recommend Dr. Baranov to anyone interested in Bariatric Surgery.
in Saratoga Springs, NY |
Overweight, high blood pressure, and diabetes had finally convinced me to seek help. Providence led me to Doctor Dmitri Baranov. He has led me to a new future free of the physical dangers lurking in my past. I found him personable, and consummately professional. His office is a pinnacle of service and care. Wait times are small; his staff is knowledge and friendly. I would recommend Doctor Dmitri Baranov to anyone seeking high quality Bariatric Care. Two thumbs up!!
in Ballston |
I have not seen Dr. Baranov as of yet, but I have to say the issue lays with the front office stay and getting an appointment, my referral was sent in June from my Doctor, in August still no call to me, in the end of September I finally called and booked my educational seminar and initial appointment, my husband is a patient and said front state are that unfriendly and rude with every appointment, I hope to have a better experience. Doctor and rest of staff.My husband the others are professional
in Saratoga Springs, NY |
Dr Baranov is professional and wonderful, his expertise is of the highest standards. While I would recommend him to everyone for surgery and care, his Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, nursing staff, some office personnel are wonderful. The biggest issue I would see is getting past the front desk, the short dark haired receptionist. She is very rude, makes faces and unprofessional, its a shame because the first impression should be a bright one, you need to look past this.
Excellent surgeon, excellent nursing staff, love the nutritionist and the nurse practioners and the scheduler girl. All of our referrals went smoothly. I am a 2 years out of surgery but there are issues with the front office staff, why nothing is done with the Michelle out front, I am surprised that more complaints are not filed. I was not sure if I should but she really is rude, maybe she should think about a different career. Dr. Baranov should think about who he has representing his office.
Waterville, NY |
I had surgery a few weeks ago, I feel fantastic. The office is great!. Michelle has been especially supportive,kind,and compassionate. She even visited me in the hospital. This whole experience has changed my life!!!!!! Thank you everyone.
in Northville, NY |
I am having bariatric surgery on August 10th, I have attended his informational seminar and also 3 support group meeting, I have found the experience to be very informative. This journey I am about to take will make me healthier and stronger and I am looking forward to my new life style. I recommend that everyone attend the support group meetings as well, can not say enough about the amount of support given by the team.
in Saratoga Springs |
Well I haven't met with him yet-which is my fault, but i've been seeing his RN and NP for probably over a year. They are great, But their young receptionist is awful. She is not willing to go outside her most basic job functions ever, and she has a bad attitude. I feel bad that her actions have tainted my feelings of this practice enough for me to write a review. As an aside, their dark short-haired receptionist is professional and seasoned-in my opinion. Crystal and Sara (NP) are exceptional
in Saratoga Springs, NY |
Dr. Baranov is meticulous in explaining the various available procedures, following up on the patient post surgery and ascertaining that his instructions are understood. I felt very confident in his professional abilities and surgical skill which assuaged any pre-op fears and allowed me the luxury of looking forward to my surgery in anticipation of a healthier life ahead. I highly recommend Dr. Baranov to anyone in need of bariatric surgery.
He is wonderful, as well as most of his staff. Head receptionist Michelle is rude and should be let go before he loses patients.
Have you seen Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
Are you Dr. Baranov?

Visit Dr. Baranov

Dr. Baranov accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Carelink HMO