Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD

Dr. Baranov
Telehealth services available

Saratoga Bariatric Surgery Center and Weight Loss Program

1 West Ave Ste 300 Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD is a Bariatric Surgery Specialist in Saratoga Springs, NY and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Saratov State Medical University medical school in 1994. He is affiliated with Saratoga Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Baranov to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Bariatric Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth

• Abdominal Pain
  • Abdominoplasty
  • Acid Reflux Surgery
  • Anorectal Abscess
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Barrett's Esophagus
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines

Dr. Baranov accepts

Dr. Baranov accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
Blue Priority (Select Network)-NY
Empire (Select Network)-NY POS
National (BlueCard Basic) PPO
National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Standard

Dr. Baranov's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Baranov

Dr. Baranov?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (160)
  • Explained conditions well (159)
  • Listened & answered questions (159)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
Dr. Baranov is truly an artist, a master, and absolutely the gold standard in weight-loss surgery. If you asked me in November if I would be not only speaking publicly about my own weight-loss surgery, but shouting about it from the rooftops, I would not believe it. His office’s communication is excellent and extremely responsive. I feel amazing, not even one week post-operatively. I have been cared for so well, and feel like I am in the very best hands. Thank you so much to Dr. Baranov and his team!
DK – Apr 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
Words cannot describe how diligent, informative, supportive, and amazing Doctor Baranov has been during my journey. He is very straight forward, and extremely professional in his work. I’ve recently had my procedure and had so many people point me in his direction and I’m so happy I did. First best decision of my life was getting the surgery, second is choosing him as the doctor. I have a long journey ahead of me, but I know I’ve got this. Thank you Doctor for a start of my new life.
So.Grateful – Mar 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
Dr Baranov’s is a professional. He is definitely a straight to the point, no nonsense doctor because he cares. He offers a free seminar in advance of your first visit. You can ask questions and see your options. This also gives you a chance to meet him. I could tell from his seminar that he is knowledgeable, confident, caring and humorous. He is serious about his work. He should be serious, we are asking him to put our lives in his hands. That being said, I felt truly valued and listened to during my office visits. I can tell it matters to him that I do well, that I live my best life. I mentioned the staff and my visits, because I wanted you to know that from the office staff to the hospital staff they were all amazing. I always got a return call and everyone was always friendly, knowledgeable & helpful. They also expressed their utmost respect for Dr Baranov, first with their work and then with their words. That was very Telling.
Wendy – Feb 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr . Baranov. He is every attentive, friendly and willing to answer any questions or concerns you may have. When you see him, he wants to know your opinion on what you want on weight lose. He takes the time to visit you while in recovery. He even calls you to check up on how you're doing at home and would like to know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I wish I could give him a higher rating. Best surgeon I've ever had.
Jan 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
I just had my surgery this month so everything is still healing and I have already seen major improvements in my health and physical appearance. I’ve heard nothing but great things about Dr. Baranov and the entire team! From the beginning Dr. Baranov and his team were and have been extremely informative and thorough. I knew what I was getting into right from the get go! Surgery can be very scary and the process itself can be intimidating. However Dr. Baranov and the team made me feel at ease with all of their knowledge and reassurance. I am excited for my future and my progress. I cannot wait to keep on my journey into my new healthy diabetic free life!! All of this was made possible by Dr. Baranov and his wonderful team. I cannot thank them enough. I highly recommend Dr. Baranov and weight loss team.
Allim7 – Jan 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
I thought about having this surgery for years due to getting diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. I'm so glad I finally did it. It's been almost a week since I had the gastric sleeve surgery done and I'm already getting amazing blood sugar  numbers and my blood pressure has already improved some. I can not say enough good things about Dr. Baranov, his team and the staff at Saratoga hospital. I would highly recommend Dr. Baranov to anyone. Thank you to him and his amazing staff.
Michelle – Jan 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
From the moment i walked into the office i new i would be family. The entire staff made me feel comfortable each and everytime i went in. The staff is always very friendly and warm. Dr Baranov is very straight to the point and you can tell that he truly cares for each and everyone of his patients. He gave me a new chance in life that i am truly grateful for
Carrie – Jan 04, 2021
I had RNY Bypass and Gallbladder removed
Kimberly Lucas – Dec 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
I have been struggling with my weight for years and was referred to as Morbidly Obese. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and Type II Diabetes. I knew if I wanted to live to see my children grow up I had to make a change. I then attended Dr. Baranov’s seminar which explained different options for losing weight; as well as the hope and ability to lower my A1C so that I would no longer have Type II Diabetes. I then scheduled my first appointment and I was so impressed by Dr. Baranov and his staff. They are professional, kind and helpful. They gave me hope that I could change my life. The day of my surgery I was down 42 pounds. I had my surgery on November 23, 2020 and it was the best choice I have ever made. Tomorrow is my 3 week post opp appointment and I have already lost 15 more pounds. Dr. Baranov cares about his patients success. He checked on me on a Sunday evening 6 days after my surgery. If you are like me and are struggling please do not hesitate to call Dr. Baranov’s office.
Kari Michalak – Dec 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
Dr. Baranov and his team were amazing! Very kind,helpful and thorough. I would highly recommend him and his team for help with any weight loss needs.
Christine Bentley – Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
I had the Gastric Bypass performed by Dr. Baranov at Saratoga Hospital about 1 year ago and am totally happy with my choice. Dr. Baranov thoroughly reviewed the entire procedure, listened to and answered all my questions, and personally telephoned to check on me after the surgery. Just recently I had to go back to the hospital for a different procedure and Dr. Baranov and his team were right there to do the surgery and help me get back on track. His staff are amazing, and go out of their way to make this experience all you want or need it to be. I would recommend Dr. Baranov and his team at the Saratoga Bariatric Center to anyone. Thank You Dr. Baranov and team!
Sarah Slagle – Dec 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
I have been struggling with morbid obesity for years. A close friend had had the gastric sleeve procedure. She could not say enough about Dr. Baranov, his staff , and how the surgery had changed her life. I finally reached out for help and attended one of Dr. Baranov's seminars. I’m so glad that I did! I had my Roux-En-Y surgery on 11/2/20 and everything went perfectly. Dr. Baranov and his whole staff took amazing care of me. My hospital stay was wonderful. I was only there one night. Dr. Baranov stopped by the next morning to check on me himself and he personally called me days later on a weekend checking on me again, and making sure I’m doing ok! I’ve had NO pain at all, and that is something I did not expect. I’m healing beautifully. All you have to do is follow his directions, and everything will go exactly to plan. I can not thank Dr. Baranov and his team enough for taking such great care of me. I’m so excited to continue my journey, and change my life! Dr. Baranov and his team re
Nov 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
Dr. Dmitri Baranov of the Saratoga Bariatric Surgery Program conducted my Roux en Y on 11/17. I have been a Type II diabetic for over a decade and struggled with weight all of my life. I wish I had pursued this surgery long ago. I struggled with managing my diabetes and had a high sustained A1C for many years. In the last few days after returning home, I am already seeing profound glycemic control and anticipate being completely off medications soon. Dr. Baranov is detail-oriented and dedicated to making sure his patients succeed. Undergoing Bariatric surgery requires dedication on the part of the patient. Dr. Baranov and his supportive staff clearly embrace their part of the compact. They are friendly, responsive and accessible. I wholeheartedly recommend this practice.
Nov 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
I have been struggling with morbid obesity for years, and finally reached out to my primary doctor for help. He emphatically recommended Dr. Baranov. I’m so glad that he did! I had my VSG surgery on 11/11/20’ and everything went perfectly. Dr. Baranov took amazing care of me, and his whole staff during the hospital stay was wonderful. Dr. Baranov even stopped by the next morning to check on me himself. I stayed one night in the hospital, and was sent home to continue my recovery. I also received a phone call from Dr. Baranov days later checking on me again, and making sure I’m doing ok! I’ve had NO pain at all, and that is something I did not expect. I’m healing beautifully. All you have to do is follow his directions, and everything will go exactly to plan. I can not thank Dr. Baranov and his team enough for taking such great care of me. I’m so excited to continue my journey, and change my life! Dr. Baranov and his team really are the absolute best.
Melissa Bousquet – Nov 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
I couldn’t have asked for a smoother more efficient process than I received from Dr. Baranov and his staff. I was given very detailed and specific instructions on what I needed to do from beginning to end. If I had questions, the staff always helped me out and called me back promptly. Surgery and recovery were easier than I expected too! If you are prepared to follow their instructions and commit to this new life, I highly recommend Dr. Baranov and his team.
Gina – Nov 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
Dr. Baranov and his team are an amazing group of professionals. I had many questions and concerns prior to vsg and they made sure I understood everything and that I was comfortable and ready for surgery. Even after I was home recovering they checked on me to make sure I was doing well. I would strongly recommend Dr. Baranov to my family and friends!
Jennifer Garretto – Nov 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
art office to surgery and after and all in between. 24/7 phone service with any and all concerns, if you have a issue or just a question they will answer it and ease your mind. Dr. B was there for me like no other doctor ever. He called my house on a Sunday to check in with me, he was there all day at the hospital with me, and he called the nurses at 11:30pm to get an update on me. That meant so much to me knowing how much he/they care for every single patient of theirs. I definitely recommend to anyone looking to do the bariatric surgery to do it with Dr. Baranov and his team. If you are looking for information on the bariatric surgery I recommend attending one of their seminars. I did and it CHANGED MY LIFE!! Thank you Dr. B and staff for everything.
Ryan Myers – Oct 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
Dr. Baranov is very direct and answers all your questions. He tells you exactly what is going to happen and what is expected of you. He and his staff are friendly and professional. I feel very comfortable with all the staff at Saratoga Bariatric Center.
Wendy S. – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
Dr. Baranov is a great surgeon. He has info sessions, monthly I think, abs explains everything you need to know in about an hour. He uses similes to relate concepts in a very effective way. Then he answers any and all questions. You can tell he knows what he’s talking about. I had RNY 10 weeks ago. Seamless recovery, no complications. His staff is also wonderful and they will be the ones providing long term care. They will go above and beyond to help you and want to see you succeed. Highly recommend
Amy – Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?
I went to Dr. Baranov's seminar in early March, and was in his office a week later to begin my treatment. He explained the different options and we chose the one one that he felt was best for me. Six months (and many office visits, phone calls and virtual meetings) later, I had my surgery. Five days after the surgery he called me at home to check in on me, and to make sure I was following his instructions to the letter. Along the way I worked with many members of his staff, and to a person they were helpful and professional. I genuinely got the feeling that they cared about me and wished for my success. I'll be honest, I slipped a little bit in my pre-surgery diet, and I got a well-deserved, but not nasty lecture on the importance of losing weight beforehand. All of my pre- and post-operative instructions were made very clear and were gone over until it was obvious that I understood them. The staff at Saratoga hospital were also great during my recovery. Dr. Baranov has given me the to
Jeff Granger – Oct 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dmitri Baranov, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Baranov?

Personalized, caring approach to each patient.

Dr. Baranov was named Medical Director of our bariatric surgery and weight loss program because of his exceptional combination of experience, credentials,...Read more

• Bariatric Surgery