Dr. Dirk P. Pikaart, DO

Dr. Dirk P. Pikaart, DO

Gynecologic Oncology Surgery | Male | 46 years old

I seek to treat patients how they would like to be treated, respecting who they are and where they are at in their cancer treatment. I understand that a diagnosis of cancer can be very scary and threaten to kill, steel and destroy a persons hopes and dreams. I have helped thousands of women reclaim their hopes and dreams giving them a second chance. At Southern Colorado Gynecologic Oncology (SCGO) we offer safe, private and loving care making a very difficult time as easy as possible. I believe the best care can only be offered by places that do high volume of specialized care consistently. At SCGO we have done large volumes with well established highly trained teams of people at each step of the cancer treatment process for over 8 years. We have excellent outcomes. I provide an integrative approach to cancer treatment taking into account lifestyle, spirituality, the mind and body. Without addressing these aspects we are treating the disease not the person.Read more

Southern Colorado Gynecologic Oncology

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Pikaart's Experience

79Experience
Match

See how Dr. Pikaart's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pikaart

Dr. Pikaart accepts 13 insurance carriers

13 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Pikaart has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Pikaart

Dr. Pikaart's Review Details
4 based on 37 responses
Experience with Dr. Pikaart
Dr. Pikaart's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (33)
Colorado Springs, CO |
Would/have recommended others to Dr Pikaart because I am confident in his abilities and skill to treat critical women's health care needs. He and his staff show great care and concern which helps to eleviate the stress, anxiety and fear when diagnosed with a major illness. He answered all my many questions, thoroughly explained all aspects from diagnosis, to treatment plan to risks associated with the treatment plan. I am deeply grateful for the care I received from Dr Pikaart and staff.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My experience with Dr. Pikaart and his office staff was a very good one. I was referred to him by my primary care. I was very nervous going to see him, not because of him, but cause of the kind of Dr. he was. I was greeted with a smile and hand shake. I like that. He took his time and explained everything to me. Listened to my concerns. Told me everything would be ok and thank God it was. Surgery was a breeze and I am very thankful he got right on top of things. I will recommend him to others.
in Colorado Springs |
I have had nothing but Exemplary care provided by Dr Pikaart and his staff. Dr Pikaart is very compassionate in his care for his patients. THANK YOU Dr Pikaart, and staff from the bottom of my heart!
in Canon City, CO |
Have been seeing him for about 4 years and I truly believe I am alive because of him. I can not give a higher recommendation. Yes he is often running way behind but that is because he does not ever rush any of his patients.
in Divide Colorado |
Although I only saw Dr. Pikaart once before I had surgery his kindness and care was exemplary. I think Dr. Pikaart is a fabulous Dr. Thankyou for taking such good care of me.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Pikaart is serious about giving his best effort and knowledge to help individuals such as myself. A friend of mine had just had the same exact surgery as I needed and she was as pleased as I was with his methods and capability, his caring attitude and; if you ever have to wait longer in the office than you were thinking you might, you can rest assured that it is because someone else needs him and he will just as generous with his time when you may need it.
Have you seen Dr. Dirk P. Pikaart, DO?
Are you Dr. Dirk P. Pikaart, DO? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Gynecologic Oncology Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Pikaart's Board Certifications

• Gynecological Oncology

Dr. Pikaart says..

I have spent the better part of my life training and obtaining the education required to become a Gynecologic Oncologist. I am trained to treat all aspects of Gynecologic cancers and manage the care and follow up of patients with gynecologic cancers or complicated surgical issues. This includes all aspects of surgery involved, some of which are very large and complicated. I am also trained in the administration of chemotherapy and managing the associated issues with chemotherapy. Gynecologic Oncology is the only surgical specialty that prescribes and manages chemotherapy. This unique feature provides an unprecedented level of continuity of care for my patients not seen in any other area of medicine. This continuity allows for less delays, less miss-communication, less insurance issues, uncomfortable new patient visits and exams. I believe this ultimately results in better outcomes for my patients.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Endometriosis
  • Fallopian Tube Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders

• da Vinci® Hysterectomy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • da Vinci® Sacrocolpopexy
  • Destruction of Vaginal Lesion
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Oophorectomy
  • Pap Smear
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Sanction

Dr. Pikaart has received 1 sanction

More What is a sanction or disciplinary action
    • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence  (7/18/2013)
    • Action Taken: Reprimand
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: Colorado

Florida Hospital

Completed in 2008

Grand Valley State University

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Pikaart has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Pikaart has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pikaart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pikaart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Pikaart's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology Surgery
  • Board certified in Gynecological Oncology
  • Sanctions found
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Pikaart

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Pikaart's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Pikaart

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Pikaart's Care Philosophy

I believe the best care can only be offered by places that do high volume of specialized care  consistently. At SCGO we have done large volumes with well established highly trained teams of people at each step of the cancer treatment process for over 8 years. We have excellent outcomes.

Dr. Pikaart says...