Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology •  Male • Age 62

Gynecologic & Reconstructive Surgery, LTD

621 S New Ballas Rd # 2002 Saint Louis, MO 63141

Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Veronikis has more experience with Gynecologic Surgery and Gynecologic Care than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Patras / Medical School medical school in 1988. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Mercy Hospital South and Mercy Hospital St. Louis. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Veronikis to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Veronikis accepts

Dr. Veronikis accepts the following insurance:

AARP
CoreSource
Exclusive Healthcare
Exclusive Healthcare EPO
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
State Farm
Tricare
TriCare for Life
Medicare Advantage PFFS

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Frequently Treated by Dr. Veronikis

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Veronikis treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Veronikis treats other conditions, please contact the office at (314) 251-6753.

Gynecologic Surgery

Gynecologic surgery treats conditions affecting the female reproductive system, including cancer, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and uterine fibroids through procedures such as hysterectomy, tumor removal, and myomectomy.Compare with other Gynecologic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Veronikis typically treats 78% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Colporrhaphy
Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy)
Incontinence Sling Procedure
Colpopexy
Normal Frequency
High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Similar Providers

Gynecologic Care

Gyncologists diagnose and treat conditions that affect any part of the female reproductive system, such as vaginitis, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).Compare with other Gynecologic Care specialists.

Dr. Veronikis typically treats 76% more often than similar doctors

Check Dr. Veronikis' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Veronikis' conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery

Dr. Veronikis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Veronikis

87.89808917197452%

Dr. Veronikis?
Dr. Veronikis is so kind, thorough and an excellent surgeon. A perfectionist! He fixed a problem I had for 3 years and I couldn’t be happier. He is so skilled and I felt so safe in his care. Best decision I ever made seeing him. I did extensive research and was very impressed with this world renown surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Veronikis.
Kathy Hahn – Oct 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
Dr. Veronikis recently removed all of my bladder mesh due to erosion. I can tell you that Dr. Veronikis is very detailed and explained the whole process in great detail. We travelled from Ohio to St. Louis approximately 10 hours and I would do it all again in a heart beat. Dr. Veronikis is incredibly talented in his field and comes with the highest of recommendations. If you are on the fence as to your mesh removal needs, please give his office a call, I promise you won’t regret it. Dr. Veronikis is upfront and honest. I will be scheduling my repair surgery with Dr. Veronikis just as soon as I heal from my mesh removal surgery that was just completed in June, 2020.
Kellie Jenkins - Cleveland, Ohio – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
??Dr Veronikis removed all of my SUI mesh two years ago that had been incorrectly placed by my previous surgeon 10 years ago through my urethra! Thanks to Dr V. I got my life back...no more pain and I can now empty my bladder without sitting backward on the toilet. I’m heading back to St. Louis from Florida again in two weeks for repair and know that I am in the most competent hands. I knew upon removal that repair may be necessary and I am so thankful that there is a surgeon to help me WITHOUT using mesh! Thank you Dr V and staff. You are the best!??
AKM – May 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
I had my bladder raised in 2000 due to multiple child births in a row. I'm happy to say that all is still going well after 20 years. I have referred multiple friends to Dr. Veronikis. He is an amazing Doctor and his staff is wonderful as well.
Victoria F – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
I had prolapse issues due to childbirth, aging and a hysterectomy for uterine cancer. My gynecologist recommended pelvic floor PT and when that didn’t work she fitted me with a perrarsy ring. I dealt with this temporary fix almost 2 years and finally did research on my own and determined that Dr. Veronikis was the best doctor. I knew at my first appointment that he knew what he was doing, he spent time with me and examined my prolapse while I stood, other doctors only examined me laying down and said it wasn’t that bad. He was thoughtful and caring and looking back I wish that someone would have recommended him for my hysterectomy so I would have only had one surgery and recovery. I am happy that I found him and pleased with the results, I no longer feel like everything is falling out and am able to run without discomfort from feeling like my bladder is full and unable to empty. I know some prefer a female doctor but I choose the best doctor, he is more gentle & caring than others
Willella – Jan 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
I was referred to Dr Veronikis by my local Dr. I found him to be incredibly respectful and caring. He carefully explained my health situation and why I needed surgery and what would happen before the surgery as well as after. His staff followed up after my surgery to see how I was doing and all are very professional and caring. I would highly recommend Dr Veronikis to everyone.
Barbara – Dec 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
i traveled from Quebec, Canada to have mesh removed. I had a partial done the prior year and was told that i had less than 1CM left. Dr V removed another 19CN. It was well worth the $$$. I invested in my health and i would HIGHLY recommend him.
Oct 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
Dr. V removed my SUI mesh. He is skilled, experienced, caring, spends time with you, and is truth worthy. I did not require reconstructive surgery after removal, but if I had I would have gone back to him to have him do it. I highly recommend Dr. V no matter how far you have to travel to see him. People come from as far away as New Zealand and the UK. I made two visits from Detroit to St. Louis and don't regret anything but the doctor who put the mesh in in the first place.
Apr 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
Dr. Veronikis removed my mesh which had been in for almost 10 years. He was very kind and caring. I had lost all hope as I had seen numerous doctors without any help. I drove over 10 hours to see him. His knowledge and expertise is amazing. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is suffering from mesh.
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
My surgery failed in under 3 months due to my fragile internal condition, and it was not my doctor's fault. The post-surgery pain was excruciating and the surgery cost was higher than I expected.
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
As a recent surgical patient of Dr. Veronikis, I only have the highest of recommendations. During my initial visit, he spent hours going over my past surgeries with me individually to gain an in-depth understanding of my complicated health needs. His bedside manner was exemplary, both pre and post surgery. During each visit, he was always efficient and clear as to our medical goals. He respectfully answered all of my questions and the surgery was a complete success. Jill D. Stoneburner H.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
Dr. Veronikis is a gifted, talented expert in his field. He is incredibly sweet and personable, listens intently, and has a very kind-hearted rapport. He performed the internal prolapse repair I needed, and I’m thankful he is a surgeon who is absolutely outstanding in his field. I highly recommend Dr. Veronikis.
Cathy Prew – Dec 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
I had trans-vaginal mesh surgery in 2009 for incontinence and rectal prolapse. I had nothing but problems for years. A bladder infection put me in the hospital with sepsis. I went to a "specialist" who did nothing but put me on a daily antibiotic. I found Dr. V. and he said I had three holes in my vagina where the mesh tore, spilling bacteria into my body. He removed the mesh and saved my life. Wonderful and caring doctor! My PCP wanted his name for a patient. Highly recommend Dr. V!
Mary S. in Bella Vista, AR – Sep 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
I went to this dr. because my obgyn referred me to him. He performed surgery to have bladder and rectum tacked up. After my surgury i now I have more issues, that are new and worse issues! I regret having gone to him!! He was not concerned after I have told him my issues. He didn't care about me at all, very obvious. He already was done with my surgery, got paid and moved on to the next victim is exactly how I feel about this(man)!!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Elizabeth Seim in St. Louis, MO – Aug 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
This doctor ruined my life. Installed a Medtronic Interstim for urinary incontinence, and after 4 surgeries over 3 months, removed it because it wasn’t successful and causing me to have drop foot, back pain and falls. Then 10 years later I find out that they left a lead inside my back. When I contacted him, not only would he not remove it, he made me pay out of pocket for the medical tests.
Aug 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
Because of one bad experience with a male OB/GYN, I’ve only used female docs. When my OB/GYN said that my bladder sling removal was outside of her capabilities & recommended Dr. V, I reluctantly made the appointment (my situation was pretty dire or I wouldn’t have!). Within the first 5 minutes, he put me at ease; he listened intently to my issues. He has such a caring way about him. I’m completely thrilled with the outcome. Thanks to his work, my husband & I have reestablished our intimacy!
Denise in MO – Jul 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
Very good experience. Office staff was very friendly and helpful. After surgery I called the office to ask questions and they either answered the phone when I called or they returned my call immediately. Dr is professional and very knowledgeable. I can’t say enough good things about this place. The only negative was in my first and last visit the wait time was a little long. That just tells me they were spending time with their patients which I would also appreciate.
Julia Lynn in Farmington , MO – Jun 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
I am so grateful to have been accepted as a patient of this world-class surgeon at a moment’s notice. Dr.Veronikis successfully completed the complicated extraction of the transvaginal sling. He demonstrated exemplary professionalism and  his nurturing, gentle, and compassionate nature  typifies his provision of care. I count myself truly blessed to have been treated and cared for by such a wonderful surgeon and human being; I cannot recommend him highly enough for anyone else seeking his servic
Ioana Feraru in Toronto, Ontario, Canada – Mar 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
First referral visit was my last. After seeing the nurse, she opened a tray of instruments and told me to disrobe. I explained I do not undress before meeting a doctor for the first time. She said "Oh, you will have a sheet over you." Not good enough. I wanted to have a conversation with him before examination. I can't believe they expect women to meet a total stranger half naked. They should know some of us have trust issues because of past abuse. Then, I had to wait an hour before he came in.
MO – Dec 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?
Dr. Veronikis was highly recommended to me and I want to pass that same recommendation along to all women. Dr. V is thorough and precise, he has the knowledge and bedside manner like the old-fashioned doctors that we all miss and long for.
M. Davis in Greenwood, AR – Nov 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dionysios Veronikis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Veronikis?

Our mission is to provide the highest quality of surgical care for women with uterine and vaginal prolapse, urinary and fecal incontinence, vaginal mesh...Read more

Dr. Veronikis is a board certified surgeon specializing in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery.  He has devoted his career to having...Read more

• Obstetrics & Gynecology