Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Dinesh Goyal, MD
Dr. Dinesh Goyal, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Minneapolis, MN. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

825 Nicollet Mall Fl 20

Minneapolis, MN 55402

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Learn about Dr. Goyal

See how frequently Dr. Goyal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
Iridocyclitis

Dr. Goyal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Ocular Prosthetics
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• Albany Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Northwestern Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Albany Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Boston University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Goyal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Goyal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goyal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Goyal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Goyal to family and friends
Dr. Goyal's Performance
Elk River, MN |
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Goyal for several years and we have complete confidence in his practice, treatment, and counsel.
Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Goyal is a very kind and competent surgeon. He listened carefully to my concerns, but I had trouble communicating with him about my multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS) and the trouble I was having with the medications. I suspect that this is because he is unfamiliar with MCS and that in the future he will be better prepared should he have a patient with these issues.
in Minneapolis, MN |
I have some serious eye problems, including idiopathic optic neuritis, several bouts of central serous retinopathy and one episode of a torn retina. Dr. Goyal has been my primary eye doctor for 15 years, and is a caring, deliberate doctor that cares very much about me as a person, takes all the time necessary to address my concerns, consults with specialists as needed, and takes a proactive approach to my care. I feel my eye health is in good hands with him.
Burnsville, MN |
I will recommend Dr. Goyal to my family and friends.
in MINNEAPOLIS MN |
AFTER MOVING TO MINNEAPOLIS FROM THE EAST COAST, I WAS VERY FORTUNATE TO FIND DR DINESH GOYAL. HE HAS PERFORMED CATARACT SURGERY ON ME, STABILIZED MY GLAUCOMA AND LOWERED MY EYE PRESSURES. I WOULD ENTHUSIASTICALLY RECOMMEND DR GOYAL TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR TOP-TIER EYECARE. I AM ALSO PLEASED TO REPORT THAT HIS BED-SIDE, DESK-SIDE, AND CHAIR-SIDE MANNER WILL WIN YOU OVER. THIS MAN HAS THE WHOLE PACKAGE.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Excellent visit today with Dr. Goyal. He's been my eye doctor for more than 10 years, and it's been a pleasant experience each time I've been there. I'll be forever grateful to Dr. Goyal when he treated me for uveitis nine years ago.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Goyal is a brilliant physician. He takes time and explains in length, answers to any questions. He is a real asset to the medical community
Minneapolis, MN |
I have been a patient for about 10 years. I have found Dr. Goyal to be calm, patient and he takes the time necessary to talk with me and answer all of my questions.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Goyal is very knowledgeable and cares for his patients. I always ask many questions and he clearly explains what's going on. I'd be comfortable going to him with any eye situation because of how he's treated me in the past and the fact that he's probably encountered everything eye related.
in St Paul, MN |
Previous ophthalmologists were disappointing and didn't seem to care about the problems I had with floaters. Dr. Goyal set me at ease and monitored the situation for several years as it became more troublesome. At the right time he recommended both cataract surgery and vitrectomy for both eyes. This has been very successful and I have my sight back. I am very pleased with Dr. Goyal.
Minneapolis, MN |
I have been seeing Dr. Goyal for about 10 years. He and his staff are always very helpful when I have questions. He has done cataract surgery on both of my eyes and the entire process was excellent. He is very thorough. I appreciate his calm and positive manner. The nurses at the hospital told me they think he is one of the best Drs. and that was nice to hear. My instructions were clear and complete and he was reassuring when I was unsure. Dr. Goyal is friendly and easy to talk to.
Minneapolis, MN |
I have been coming to this clinic since they opened, and he was assigned to me. It has been a good match, with all my questions answered, and staff has been very accommodating and helpful. I had some issues with the measured glass correction several years ago, and this was taken care of promptly soon after. No concerns at all with clinic or seeing Dr. Goyal
in Minneapolis, MN |
I first went to see Dr. Goyal in March of 2015 due to a severe case of Iritis. He was beyond thorough in my diagnosis and has continued to be in my treatment. He always makes time for each of his patients, and I never feel rushed even if he's running behind.
in Minneapolis, MN |
My daughter and I have been patients of Dr. Goyal's for many years and we have always been impressed with the time and care he provides us. Having eye issues is extremely frustrating and I appreciate his compassion and care and honesty about what this journey might be. We are extremely grateful that he is our doctor.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Goyal first saw me when I had a torn retina. He took immediate action and referred me to Dr. Bhavsar at Phillips Eye Clinic for laser repair, which was successful. Dr. Goyal also performed cataract surgery, separately on both eyes, with intraocular multi-focal lens implants. Both surgeries were completely successful (and pain-free) and my vision is improved to 20/20 reading and 20/30 distance. Dr. Goyal continues to monitor my vision needs - completely satisfied. I recommend his service
in Minneapolis, Minnesota |
Wow, Dr Goyal is professional, thorough, and explains the situations that applies to you. I always have a good experience when in the office. Very concerned about my eyes and health in general.
in Coon Rapids, MN |
Dr. Goyal is very thorough and also knowledgeable about the latest treatments, etc.
in St Paul, MN |
Dr. Goyal has been my Ophamologist for at least ten years. Every visit has been professional and I've left 100% satisfied. I have a chronic vision problem for which he has been a great resource. About four years ago I had a retinal tear and they saw me immediately had linked me up with the correct eye surgeon for that problem. His manner and style is caring and professional and when he says "I'll see you in six months" or "I'll see you in a year" I know that he'll remember me. Awesome!!!
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Goyal saved my eyesight after an accident cut my eye in half.
in Minneapolis, MN |
I recommend Dr. Goyal to all of my friends and family. I've been seeing him since I moved back from New York in 2004. He's so patient, kind, and extremely knowledgable. He takes a great approach to treatment plans, talking me through them, writing them down for me, and taking the time to answer all of my questions. He has also been super helpful in educating me about general eye care and warm compresses.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr Goyal is an exceptional clinician and caring professional in all ways. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. He is a tremendous listener with the ability to immediately develop and demonstrate trust in the doctor patient relationship. Dr Goyal has also worked on the office management component of his practice.He has upgraded his staff and receptionists as well as patient scheduling all with significant improvement. I would encourage the office mgr to look at upgrading the wait time area.
in St. Michael |
I have been a patient of Dr. Goyal for over 12 years. I was first impressed with not only his knowledge and drive to be an educated and informed Dr. he sincerely cares, took the time to educate myself about how important eyecare is and makes good medical decisions with his patients best interest in mind. I have referred my mother who feels he is one of the best Dr's she has had in her 70+ years. He confidently and successfully performed cataract surgery with great results. Dr. Goyal is good.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr Goyal is a highly skilled surgeon and physician, gracious, and accessible, explaining and answering all possible questions.
Minneapolis, MN |
I have an extremely complicated eye situation with both retinas detaching a few years ago. For insurance reasons, I had to change to Dr Goyal after the surgery. This was the best decision that I have made in my life. He is brilliant, and sometimes literally a miracle worker regarding my eyes. With the double retina attachments come continual surprises, he has been able to diagnose correctly and treat each challenge, I sincerely think my sight would not be as good today as it is without him.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr Goyal is very thorough. He spends time on my examinations and explains them completely. He is professional but pleasant to deal with. He listens to what I have to say. I am confident that I am in good hands with Dr Goyal which is important to me when my eyes are concerned.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Getting an appointment is quick and efficient, the staff is warm and friendly as well as efficient. Dr. Goyal is very good at explaining what is happening to my eyes and guiding me to the needed care. I highly recommend him.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Goyal is thorough and carefully meticulous in his examinations; highly educated and charmingly kind. I have been to many eye doctors over the years and I have remained with him because I have the utmost trust in his abilities and medical insight. He's an excellent physician with a good sense of humor as well.
Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Goyal is smart and thorough. I feel like he really listens.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr Goyal was very professional, polite and thorough. He answered questions and did not make me feel rushed. I will continue to be a patient of his.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Goyal and his staff were friendly, efficient, helpful and focused. I feel lucky to be referred to Eye Care Associates and Dr Goyal. I highly recommend him and his team.
in Abilene, TX |
Every meeting with Dr. Goyal was not only pleasant, but informative and satisfactory in every way. He listened, he acted, and I could not recommend him enough to anyone needing good eye care. I, unfortunately in this case, no longer live in The Twin Cities having moved home to Texas when I retired. I'm seriously tempted however to actually travel back to the Twin Cities and scheduling my annual eye exam with Dr. Goyal for the time I will be there. After all, I still have family in the area.
Dr Goyal pointed out that I was a good candidate for PRK surgery to correct my vision at one of my appointments. I had the procedure done 9 years ago . Today I had my annual checkup and I still have 20/20 vision. It was life changing for me. Dr Goyal did the procedure at the Phillips Eye Institute. It was all a very good experience.
Have you seen Dr. Dinesh Goyal, MD?
Are you Dr. Goyal?