Dr. Dilendra Weerasinghe, MD

Dr. Dilendra Weerasinghe, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Dilendra Weerasinghe, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Port Charlotte, FL. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Weerasinghe is affiliated with Bayfront Health Punta Gorda, Bayfront Health Port Charlotte and Fawcett Memorial Hospital.

Learn about Dr. Weerasinghe

No surgical problem is too big or to small.  We approach all aspects of patient care using compassion caring and respect.  It is like caring for a family member.  We thank you for your trust in us and would make sure that we would strive to uphold it at all times.

Video

Dr. Weerasinghe's Experience

Dr. Weerasinghe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Distal Gastrointestinal Tract Cancers
  • Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gallstones
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Generalized Obesity

• Biopsy of Breast
  • Cholecystoenterostomy
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colectomy

Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • University of Florida
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

• Member of Royal college of Surgeons UK, 2005

Dr. Weerasinghe has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Weerasinghe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weerasinghe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Fawcett Memorial Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Weerasinghe is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Weerasinghe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weerasinghe to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Weerasinghe's Performance
Punta Gorda, FL |
Dr W has Wonderful bedside manners and is extremely thorough and a pleasant doctor. Love his smile as I felt quite at ease even though most doctors office visits are a bit intimidating. He put me quite at ease from the time he walked in and did a wonderful job with my surgery. I recovered very quickly after a robotic operation. His staff is quite friendly even though the waiting room was quite crowded. However I am extremely pleased with the care I received.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
Dr Weerasinghe is an excellent surgeon with a great bedside manner. My comfort was very important to him. I would highly recommend him.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
The gall bladder surgery was successful and relieved me from the extreme pain I had been having. The pre-surgery appointment was particularly helpful as Dr. Weerasinghe not only explained everything to me in terms I could understand, but he also showed me the scan with the stones, as I was not especially educated about the gall bladder. He scheduled the surgery very quickly which I appreciated very much.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
Dr. Weerasinghe is a fantastic doctor. He is thorough and has a great beside manner. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor. Appointments are easy to make and the office staff is great. A very pleasant place to visit if you have to visit a doctor. His office is a whole lot better than some of the doctors offices I've had appointments with. I am new to the area and come from a place where medical is high tech and his office is right up there with California.
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with our staff. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
in Punta gorda , Fl |
Dr Weerasinghe and his medical staff are very professional and courteous I feel at ease in his office and all of my medical needs with questions and answers are met with each visit I have complete confidence with the dr and his caring staff I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a general surgeon
Punta Gorda, FL |
Great care provided to my dying husband. He was recently admitted with serious infection to the emergency room and was told by the emergency room doctors that he was literally too sick to even undergo surgery. Dr wirsing never gave up hope battled tirelessly to save his life which he did. He also visited my husband several times a day make sure that he was fine. Today he is back with me.This truly was a miracle.thank you.
North Port, FL |
I like the doctor but am quite disgruntled with the office staff. They lack returning phone calls or emails in a timely manner. I am currently looking to change doctors before even getting surgery because they move quite slow for my taste. I'd prefer an office more timely and on top of things. I worry that after surgery there will be an even more delay in responses. I've done my part and they lack the intensity to do their part. Disappointed.
Our practice truly values your feedback, and we are sorry to hear about this experience. Please contact our practice manager at 941 -235- 9361 so that we may work to make the situation better. Thank you.
Punta Gorda, FL |
Very positive experience would recommend this doctor.
in Punta Gorda, FL |
Dr. Weerasinghe fabricated my medical history in his report to my insurance company so that he could charge them more for my colonoscopy procedure. His office coded it as diagnostic not preventative as it should have been coded. I called and ask them to change the coding and they refused resulting in me getting a bill for $850 from the surgery center because my insurance wouldn't pay for a diagnostic procedure. Dr. Weerasinghe is dishonest and greedy!
in Jacksonville, Fl |
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Weerasinghe in May 2016. He is a kind, caring and very patient doctor who took a lot of time explaining his treatment plan for me and answered all my questions which really put me at ease. He treats all his patients with respect. His up to date with all new techniques and medicines. What I liked most about Dr.Weerasinghe is that he is a well rounded surgeon who really cares about all his patients and will go above and beyond to save lives.
Port Charlotte |
Initially I was a bit nervous to realize that I needed to have emergency surgery when I was seen in the emergency room. Dr Weerasin quickly put me at ease by explaining everything quite clearly. He is a very caring Doctor. He saw me frequently in hospital and made sure that I was doing well after surgery. I was discharged home quite quickly as it was a laser operation. I am truly pleased to have been taken care of by such a wonderful Doctor. Thank you.
Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate the kind words.
in Riverview, FL |
Dr weerasing is a kind ,caring and Down to earth Doctor. He had good bedside manners and never seemed to be in a rush. He took good care of me when I underwent a large hernia repair. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
in Port charlotte |
Saw Dr W for a colonoscopy and he discovered a cancer. He performed a successful operation with good results and was able to go home in two days after surgery, which was amazing. The best news is that I am cured and did not require any chemo. I truly appreciate his good work and Good bedside manners.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
sent my wife to get a solution for a severe hernia repair . he sent her with a dietary based bariatric sleeve procedure ,which he refused to discuss with the insurance company for possible coverage. this will result in a major lifestyle change . I have to question if this is necessary when he refuses to discuss coverage. and by the way we already know she is overweight ! you were recommended for hernia surgery not weight loss .
Thank you for trusting us with your care. We are sorry to hear of your experience in our practice and would like to look into this further. Please call Iris Musica, Practice Manager at Gulf Pointe Surgical Specialists so that we can get further information to address your concerns.
in New York, NY |
Great doctor, skillful, kind and caring.
Have you seen Dr. Dilendra Weerasinghe, MD?

Visit Dr. Weerasinghe

Port Charlotte, FL 33952
Bayfront Health Punta Gorda
809 E Marion Ave
Punta Gorda, FL 33950

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Weerasinghe at Gulf Pointe Surgical Specialists

General Surgery Specialist