Dr. Dilendra Weerasinghe, MD

Dr. Dilendra Weerasinghe, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Dilendra Weerasinghe, MD is a general surgery specialist in Port Charlotte, FL and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from University of Colombo in 2002 and specializes in general surgery, bariatric surgery, and more.

Learn about Dr. Weerasinghe

Video

See how frequently Dr. Weerasinghe performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Abdominal Disorders
Gastrointestinal Diseases

Dr. Weerasinghe's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Weerasinghe "No surgical problem is too big or to small.  We approach all aspects of patient care using compassion caring and respect.  It is like caring for a family member.  We thank you for your trust in us and would make sure that we would strive to uphold it at all times."

• General Surgery

Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • University of Florida
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

• Member of Royal college of Surgeons UK, 2005

Dr. Weerasinghe has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Weerasinghe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weerasinghe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Fawcett Memorial Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Weerasinghe is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Weerasinghe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weerasinghe to family and friends
4.4
based on 27 total reviews (17 with comments)

Dr. Weerasinghe's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in punta gorda fl.
dr. is very informative. very personable. would highly recommend him to family and friends

in Punta Gorda Fl
Dr Weerasinghe is one who listens to his patient and addresses the patients concerns on an individual basis. You are treated like a person and not like a number. Having family members who are docs I know what it takes to become a doctor and what their lives are like.
in Punta Gorda, FL
Dr W has Wonderful bedside manners and is extremely thorough and a pleasant doctor. Love his smile as I felt quite at ease even though most doctors office visits are a bit intimidating. He put me quite at ease from the time he walked in and did a wonderful job with my surgery. I recovered very...more

in Port Charlotte, FL
Dr Weerasinghe is an excellent surgeon with a great bedside manner. My comfort was very important to him. I would highly recommend him.

in Port Charlotte, FL
The gall bladder surgery was successful and relieved me from the extreme pain I had been having. The pre-surgery appointment was particularly helpful as Dr. Weerasinghe not only explained everything to me in terms I could understand, but he also showed me the scan with the stones, as I was not...more

Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Weerasinghe at Gulf Pointe Surgical Specialists

Cardiac Surgery Specialist