Dr. Dierich Kaiser, MD

Dr. Dierich Kaiser, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Dierich Kaiser, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Gainesville, VA and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from University Of Virginia / Main Campus in 1992 and specializes in psychiatry and psychotherapy.Read his story

16000 Tryon Way

Gainesville, VA 20155

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Kaiser

See how frequently Dr. Kaiser performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychiatric Diseases
Insomnia
Suicidal Ideation

Dr. Kaiser's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Kaiser's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kaiser "In 1997, I completed my psychiatry training and began practicing as a staff psychiatrist with Virginia Baptist Hospital (VBH) in Lynchburg Virginia. There I worked for 4 years performing outpatient and inpatient medication management and psychotherapy for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients for 4 years. During that time, I also worked as a psychiatric consultant to Westminster Canterbury adult nursing facility also in Lynchburg. During my last year at VBH, I served as medical director of the outpatient clinic - starting the extensive administrative experience I have ultimately gained while concurrently practicing psychiatry until the present. My curriculum-vitae documents my training, work experience and research publications. My publications were the outcome of my work as a research fellow with the American Heart Association. As Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Penn State, I provided inpatient care at the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute, acted as an editorial reviewer for the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, and received the Penn State College of Medicine Affiliate Site Teacher of the Year Award. At Kaiser Permanente, I ultimately achieved the highest patient satisfaction ratings possible and used my knowledge base to mentor fellow clinicians to improve their scores. As a psychiatrist with the Department of Defense, I treated scores of service members including members of the Presidential Support Team. There, I was complimented on my ability to assimilate and clinically apply rigorous military protocols for psychiatric care. While teaching for the George Washington University School of Medicine in 2016, I received the Elaine W. Cotlove MD award for excellence. With every hospital and organization I have worked, I have served on a quality control or patient safety committee. I am board certified and re-certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. I am a member of the American Psychiatric Association and the Psychiatric Society of Virginia. I am currently a psychiatrist and forensic clinician for the State of Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services. As a psychiatrist, I have treated approximately 6,000 patients over the past 20 years. I have provided psychotherapy and medication management with an exceptional expertise towards designing treatment regimens that effectively address the individual needs of my patients. My professional work has largely revolved around direct patient care in nearly every possible kind of treatment setting. I have had decades of experience utilizing the entire accessible range of psychiatric pharmaceuticals. I have also administered electroconvulsive therapy. My years of clinical, academic, and administrative experience provide me with an intense awareness of the successes and failures of America's mental health delivery systems. My experience as an African-American clinician has given me a unique perspective on the devastating effects of mental illness on ethnic populations. I have developed a keen ability to establish highly functional relationships with professionals of many disciplines. My high level communication skills have allowed me to deliver lectures, seminars, didactic teachings, and court-room expert testimony throughout my career. My knowledge base regarding fiscal and organizational dynamics continues to evolve and expand."

This content was provided by Dr. Kaiser "My practice philosophy brings forth 25 years of experience in psychiatry in outpatient, inpatient, military, civilian, forensic, managed care, and academic settings. I have taught psychiatry in many different academic settings and performed supportive, insight-oriented and cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy.  My private practice involves primarily medication management. My approach makes your personal needs the center and priority of what we do as we address your emotional concerns."

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Virginia / Main Campus
  • Saint Elizabeths Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Georgetown Med Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Kaiser has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kaiser does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kaiser and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kaiser's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kaiser

Dr. Kaiser?
Dr. Kaiser's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dierich Kaiser, MD
saw DR 11/11/16.I found him on Health grades and its the best choice iv ever made. Iv given up on doctors.Most don't listen or care, and blame you if your not getting better.My 1st vist lasted probably 2 plus hours. I was very happy! Other DRs don't give patients the chance to say anything,or they...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dierich Kaiser, MD?
Dr. Kaiser was my psychiatrist for more than 9 years. He is extremely caring. I never felt rushed when I needed to see him. I know he often gave up his lunch time to see patients. He is a great listener, and asks all the right questions. He always knew my case when I walked in the door. He...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dierich Kaiser, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kaiser?