Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD

Anesthesiology •  Male • Age 46

Dr. Gonzalez

Anesthesia Specialists-Albuquer

601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave NE Albuquerque, NM 87102

Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in Albuquerque, NM. He specializes in anesthesiology.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Anesthesiologists in your area

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Gonzalez accepts

Dr. Gonzalez accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico

3.1

Dr. Gonzalez?
Dr. Gonzalez's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD
VERY GOOD -RFA ON LOWER BACK AT 3 LEVELS BILATERAL WAS A GREAT SUCESS DR GONZALES WAS VERY KIND AND SEEMS VERY KNOWLEDGABLE.LOVELACE SURGERY CENTER VERY VERY GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO- SUPER CAREFUL WITH THE INTAKE PROCESS.ASLEEP FOR THE PROCEDURE NO PAIN-TAKES 1-2 WEEKS FOR RELIEF.
SUSAN ROONEY – Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
I would NOT recommend dr Gonzales. I went to him for about a year and was a total wasrte of time. At first he seemed magical, then at my first procedure, facet injections done at the hospital I had to wait 4 HOURS in the waiting room at the hospital nervous Nellie because he told me it would be very painful. It was! The people are so disorganized and scattered it’s a wonder they get anything done.
Albuquerque, NM – Jan 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Gonzalez is so helpful when it comes to treatment of facet pain, arthritis pain, etc. Take a dermatome map or referred pain map of the spine/area with your top 1-3 concerns; he will address those concerns. He is intelligent and caring, and will take the time to consider the best options for you; if you stick with him. Go to any doctor with a reasonable plan for yourself; they are going to help you. Focus where you need the most help. Take a pain journal of your biggest concerns with #'s.
Suzanne in Rio Rancho, NM – Dec 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
great bedside manner and very thoughtful and concern about right treatment
jim in NM, NM – Nov 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
I came in for lower back pain due to arthritis. I have a Rx for oxycodone for that, because I cannot take OTC meds due to health issues. I brought in a printout from Walgreens showing all my Rx's for oxycodone in the past year to demonstrate that I am not addicted and do not abuse it. He had no interest in looking at it, nor even in talking to me. He had another doctor in the room and the two of them talked amongst themselves. I kept saying, "Um," trying to interject, but they ignored me.
Danielle Rudder in Albuquerque, NM – Oct 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
Dr Gonzalez is the very best at what he does I have had a very bad back ache and he took all my pain away I give him 5 stars’ thanks ARNOLD LOVATO
arnold lovato in milan, NM – Jun 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
One of the absolute worst doctors ever . Basically a 3rd world hack. I first saw Diego in August of 2017 for pain from a cervical fusion. He tried one procedure which didn't work. In January of 2018 I saw Diego about severe pain from what we both agreed was probably a ruptured disc. While Diego talked about a MRI he refused to order one telling me to come back in two weeks and that I'd have to tough out the pain. On the next office visit Diego said he wanted to check my MRI. I told him that
Jeff Cowen in Albuquerque – May 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
Dr Gonzales has lost his compassion. He only wants to inject steriods into the spine. He becomes angry if you do not respond to his treatment. I have noticed lots of complaints. He is a pain Mgmt Dr. Not everyone needs the same treatment.
Rio Rancho – Apr 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
He spent literally 5 minutes with me before he had me on his procedure table sticking needles in my spine. I think he's a 1 trick pony and it's not a good trick. He performed a RFA on my cervical spine and it left me in excruciating pain. The entire process was very traumatic because of lack of compassion and bedside manner. I have now seen another pain specialist who has remedied the damage done. Do your homework and get a 2nd opinion.
Albuquerque – Dec 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Gonzales is the best doctor I've had between Albuquerque and Los Angeles! He is kind, compassionate and caring. But more importantly the man is a genius in his care and treatments! I wouldn't let another doctor touch me and I had 7 complete bozos before him!
Robin Nelson in Albuquerque, NM – Sep 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
Was seen by Dr. Diego Gonzales for chronic back pain due to T8 fx and tear in L5. Was scheduled for a back ablation on October 13 2017. I called his office and Dr. Gonzales called me back. I asked him for something for pain until my procedure in October and he said no because I might get addicted. I told him no I wouldn't. Dr Gonzales said he wasn't going to do it. So I asked him "Wow, so you are just gonna let me suffer until October?" He said "yes." He works in a pain clinic for christs sake.
Albuquerque – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
Takes his time to explain in a gentle manner. Actively listens. Understands and extremly knowledgeable in the pathological function of pain and the effects of medication. I trust him! He is always learning and sharing. Enjoy his high quality professional standards. Grateful he is in Albuquerque!! 6.2.17
Burchard in Albuquerque, NM – Jun 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
Referral and information NOT sent to Dr I was referred to from 6/23/2016 to present Date! Filed complaints with Boards of Anesthesia and NM Medical Review Boards. RUN, to not walk away from this Doctor, RUN!!!!!!!
David Miles in Albuquerque, NM – Aug 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Gonzalez is an extremely caring & professional Doctor. I never feel rushed when explaining my issues and needing his help. He's a well educated doctor who holds many hats, which makes him a well versed pain specialist/Anesthesiologist. Again, Thank you so much for being so kind, listening, understanding, and never ignoring my concerns. Yvonne A-C :)
Yvonne A-C in Albuquerque, NM – Dec 25, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diego Gonzalez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gonzalez?

• Anesthesiology