Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD

Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD

Cardiothoracic Surgery  |
4.7 based on 41 reviewsView this provider's reviews
Patient satisfaction ratings and reviews are based on personal opinions. Before you choose any doctor you should take into account their background, training, specialized experience AND their patient satisfaction to ensure they are the right fit for you.

Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 28 years. He specializes in cardiothoracic surgery.

530 1st Ave Ste 9v

New York, NY 10016

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • EmblemHealth

Dr. Loulmet accepts

Dr. Loulmet accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
ABCD HMO

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Loulmet's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Loulmet's Top Procedures and Conditions

Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)

Dr. Loulmet performs Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary) more than 75% of his peers

Dr. Loulmet performs this procedure more than 75% of his peers

• Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair
  • Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement
  • Tricuspid Valve Repair / Replacement
  • Valvuloplasty
Hide other areas of care
Mitral Valve Disease

Dr. Loulmet treats Mitral Valve Disease more than 72% of his peers

Dr. Loulmet treats this condition more than 72% of his peers

• Congenital Mitral Stenosis
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)

Dr. Loulmet treats Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) more than 38% of his peers

Dr. Loulmet's conditions and procedures:

• Aortic Aneurysm
  • Aortic Valve Disease
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Heart Tumors, Benign
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Resection of Cardiac Tumor
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)

Heart valve repair as opposed to valve replacement

Less invasive cardiac surgery as opposed to conventional sternotomy approach

Robotic cardiac surgery

• Cardiothoracic Surgery

1992
Children's Hosp Boston
1990
University Of Paris Hospitals

• French

Is Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD accepting new patients?

Does Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD accept my insurance?

What are Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Loulmet's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Loulmet

Dr. Loulmet?
Dr. Loulmet and his team are nothing short of amazing-They have performed hundreds if not thousands of robotic mitral valve repairs. Dr. Loulmet is a world renowned expert on this procedure, He is compassionate and gives 100% to make his patients and families feel comfortable. There is no other facility anywhere that you should consider for robotic mitral valve repair than NYU Langone. I felt 20 years younger a week after my surgery with no pain or side effects. Kudos to Dr. Loulmet, Dr.Grassi, and to the entire support staff for everything they did for me. I will always be grateful.
Howard Jahre – Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
In 2016 I was diagnosed with severe MR Regurgitation. After 3 appointments with Dr. Loulmet, he agreed to operate on me. On the day of surgery, scheduled at 7 AM at NYU Langone, I was greeted by the disheveled man, who introduced himself as my surgeon. I have never met him before and/or heard his name. When inquired about Dr. Loulemet, I was told that he would join later around 9 AM. After a brief conversation with the surgeon, Dr. it became painfully clear that he did not even know what my diagnosis was. I was sedated soon after, so I do not know what time Dr. Loulmet joined in. It appears that he did not fully repair my valve for whatever reason. I do not feel any better than before surgery, and just a little over 2 years after the surgery, the echocardiogram showed that condition is worsening. I cannot with the clear conscience recommend Dr. Loulmet to anyone. Looking back, my biggest regret is that I did not leave the moment I was told that he didn't show up in time for my surgery
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I am a 60 year old male diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse with severe regurgitation. I live on Long Island and was told I need open heart surgery would have to crack my chest open. My cardiologist whom I since have left never mentioned Robotic surgery as an option. My new cardiologist recommended I see Dr Loulmet, I was a perfect candidate according to Dr Loulmet. I recommend you meet with him. No need to go through the trauma and recovery of traditional open heart surgery. He was from the first meeting phenomenal answered and assured me the success I would have. No pain walking many miles going back to regular activity less than 1 week from surgery. I am pain free never took a pain medication. Steve from Massapequa
Steve E in Massapequa park, NY – Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I recently had very complex open heart surgery by Dr Loulmet. From my initial meeting til my final post op meeting I have felt tremendous compassion and skill from him and everyone on his team. The best decision I ever made was choosing to go with Dr Loulmet and I would tell every person who has any heart issues to seek him out. He is worth it. He is supremely talented. And his team care about you. In short he is the best.
Rich in New York, NY – Feb 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
Dr Loulmet Repaired my dads valve about 7 years ago when he was in his late 70s . Best decision he made — I had other friends I worked with do pig valve which had them stuck on Coumadin and the side effects they had for the rest of there life’s my dad is still active in his 80s
Apr 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I couldn't be more pleased with my experience with Dr. Loulmet and his team. About 4 weeks ago he repaired my mitral valve, which was diagnosed with severe regurgitation. The robotic procedure was a success; I have no current regurgitation. I had little pain -- was out of the hospital in three days and took no pain medicine after release. I walked a mile two days after surgery and was back at work and running at the gym within two weeks.
Alan in New York – Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I was diagnosed in Nov.'17 with mitral valve prolapse and severe regurgitation. I was told that I needed surgery & to meet with a few cardiothoracic surgeons for consultation. My cardiologist also told me that I was not a candidate for the minimally invasive surgery and that I would require having my sternum cut open. I met with a couple of surgeons & researched the robotic procedure and found Dr. Loulmet. He repaired my valve on 2/15/18. I was home in 2 days, no complications ! He is the BEST!
Rich R. in Nesconset, NY – Mar 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I am a 58 year-old male who discovered in Nov 2017 that I had mitral valve prolapse w/ severe regurgitation. I visited Dr. Loulmet at NYU Langone, which is the best decision I ever made. My surgery was performed on 2/20/18 at NYU. Seven hours later, I awoke in the recovery room—no tubes down my throat, only 4 or 5 puncture marks on the right side of my chest. The pain was minimal. Within 2 days, I checked out of NYU. I'm back to work and feel great and highly recommend Dr. Loulmet!
Reed in Jersey City, NJ – Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
Dr. Loulmet is extremely skilled and his use of robotic surgery is remarkable. I had robotic surgery in which my heart was stopped for an hour in order to open my heart and remove a growth. Not only was I virtually pain-free after the procedure -- I was on pain med for only two days, and then Tylenol for two days,, but two days after the surgery I was back home, sitting at my computer, back at work. This compares to a long and painful (and very restricted) recovery with usual surgery.
Feb 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
After shortness of breath when exercizing, which I initially considered as part of the aging process, I discovered I was in need mitral valve repair. I am fortunate enough to have been referred to Dr. Loulmet and his success with the Da Vinci robotic system. Rather than cracking open your chest, they are able to go in through your rib cage, saving weeks in hospitalization and recovery time. If you are in need of heart valve repair, this is the go-to doctor and his colleague Dr. Grassi.
Tara Ruth in New York, NY – Nov 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Loulmet and his team at NYU Langone and highly recommend robotic surgery. I had robotic surgery to repair my mitral value due to severe mitral valve regurgitation. During my consultation, my surgical procedure and my recovery Dr. Laulmet and his staff were and are always available, helpful, comforting, caring and kind. I can't be more thankful to Dr. Loulmet and his team at NYU!
Jeannine Fiore in Smithtown, NY – Nov 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I needed a mitral valve repair but despite being "severe," I had plenty of time to research doctors/hospitals. Dr. Loulmet was always near or at the top of the list. I could tell you how great the office/staff is or how great he was during preliminary/post-op discussions. But I cant do better than telling you I barely needed pain mediation at any point and I was back at work in one week (seriously). I couldn't recommend Dr. Loulmet more highly.
Dan in New York, NY – Oct 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
My wife needed mitral valve repair. Our cardiologist recommended Dr. Loulmet. We met with him and were impressed with his patience, courtesy and understanding of what he would be able to do. He is one of only a few surgeons that can repair the valve robotically. We have had two follow up appointments since the surgery and my wife is doing great. She is only one month post op! Dr. Loulmet, his assistant, Sarah and everyone at NYU is the best. Thank you, again, to everyone. Carl and Sandy Lozito
Carl and Sandy Lozito in Jackson, NJ – Sep 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
My operation was on 4 May 2017 and I went home on the morning of 7 May in great health and very minor pain. My echo after the operation, which was confirmed by a separate cardiologist, revealed my mitral valve repair was indicated as perfect with close to zero regurgitation. Dr Didier Loulmet and his surgical team at NYU Langone is simply the best with outstanding cleanliness, safety and great hospital nursing care.
F Bloomer in Cornwall, NY – May 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
If you're searching for the BEST cardiac surgeon - hands down Dr. Loulmet is your guy! Words cannot express my sincere gratitude to him and his team. Doctors like him are truly heaven sent! I will forever be grateful that through his skill and expertise my time on earth has been extended with the highest quality of life possible. He repaired my Aortic Aneurysm with an Aortic Valve Sparing procedure so NO artificial valve implant for me! It's 6 weeks later & I'm feeling fantastic!!! Love him!
A. Miller in South Plainfield, NJ – Apr 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
Very professional and courteous. He has a great deal of patience with those unable to comprehend their situation. His office staff were very understanding and supportive enough for the most difficult patient. He is considered one of the best in his field.
Jack Tar in Philadelphia, PA – Mar 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I have a great deal of respect and appreciation for Dr. Loulmet who three weeks ago operated on me performing a Coronary Artery Bypass surgery. The mere fact that I am writing this review feeling perfectly fine and eager to get back to my life and regular daily routine is a testament to his skill and the wonderful care of his fellow medical staff at NYU Langone. I found Dr. Loulmet very professional, calm and unassuming, straight forward and precise, friendly with a spot on sense of humor. Txs
Adam Gawronski in Ridgewood, NY – Mar 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
Dr Loulmet performed an emergency mitral valve repair on me while I had a bacteria infection that the hospital could not control. I had a high fever. He knew I needed the surgery immediately. His staff cold off my body and they performed the surgery at midnight. His care for me and help understanding what I had to go through but with the knowledge that I had a surgeon expertly trained for valve surgery. After the surgery my heart responded to treatment and I was cured of the bacteria.
Richard Wolfe in Hillsdale, NJ – Mar 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I interviewed 5 surgeons in the DC, NY and Cleveland area, and chose to have my mitral valve repair performed by Dr. Loulmet. I was discharged 3 days after my surgery, already weaning off the pain meds. Dr. Loulmet made my decision so easy – he shared video from previous procedures and even put me in touch with another patient. Huge thumbs up to Maame and all of the nursing staff in the cardiac recovery and step down units. This experience surpassed my expectations in every way possible.
Dave R in Arlington, VA – Nov 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Loulmet and his team at NYU Langone. When I first met with Dr. Loulmet, he reviewed the information provided to him on my condition, and thoroughly explained (with the aid of a video) his plan of action. His knowledge and experience convinced me that he was my choice of surgeon. Dr. Loulmet repaired my Mitral valve on a Tuesday evening and I was discharged on Friday morning. The robot assisted procedure he uses results in both quicker discharge and a faster recovery.
Jack in Ridgefield, CT – Nov 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Loulmet?

NYU Langone Medical Center530 1st Ave Ste 9v New York, NY 10016

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Loulmet treats patients.

NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital

New York, NY

74% Patient experience rating, 5% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019)
;