Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD

Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD

Cardiothoracic Surgery  |
Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 28 years. He specializes in cardiothoracic surgery.

530 1st Ave Ste 9V

New York, NY 10016

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth

Dr. Loulmet accepts

Dr. Loulmet accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Loulmet's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Loulmet's Top Procedures and Conditions

Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)

Dr. Loulmet performs Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary) more than 75% of his peers

Dr. Loulmet performs this procedure more than 75% of his peers

Dr. Loulmet treats Mitral Valve Disease more than 72% of his peers

Dr. Loulmet treats this condition more than 72% of his peers

• Congenital Mitral Stenosis
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)

Dr. Loulmet treats Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) more than 38% of his peers

• Aortic Aneurysm
  • Aortic Valve Disease
  • Aortic Valve Repair
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Heart Tumors, Benign
  • Resection of Cardiac Tumor
  • Robotic Assisted Procedure
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)

Heart valve repair as opposed to valve replacement

Less invasive cardiac surgery as opposed to conventional sternotomy approach

Robotic cardiac surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Loulmet

Dr. Loulmet?
Dr. Loulmet's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD
I am a 60 year old male diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse with severe regurgitation. I live on Long Island and was told I need open heart surgery would have to crack my chest open. My cardiologist whom I since have left never mentioned Robotic surgery as an option. My new cardiologist recommended I see Dr Loulmet, I was a perfect candidate according to Dr Loulmet. I recommend you meet with him. No need to go through the trauma and recovery of traditional open heart surgery. He was from the first meeting phenomenal answered and assured me the success I would have. No pain walking many miles going back to regular activity less than 1 week from surgery. I am pain free never took a pain medication. Steve from Massapequa
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I recently had very complex open heart surgery by Dr Loulmet. From my initial meeting til my final post op meeting I have felt tremendous compassion and skill from him and everyone on his team. The best decision I ever made was choosing to go with Dr Loulmet and I would tell every person who has any heart issues to seek him out. He is worth it. He is supremely talented. And his team care about you. In short he is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
Dr Loulmet Repaired my dads valve about 7 years ago when he was in his late 70s . Best decision he made — I had other friends I worked with do pig valve which had them stuck on Coumadin and the side effects they had for the rest of there life’s my dad is still active in his 80s
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I couldn't be more pleased with my experience with Dr. Loulmet and his team. About 4 weeks ago he repaired my mitral valve, which was diagnosed with severe regurgitation. The robotic procedure was a success; I have no current regurgitation. I had little pain -- was out of the hospital in three days and took no pain medicine after release. I walked a mile two days after surgery and was back at work and running at the gym within two weeks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I was diagnosed in Nov.'17 with mitral valve prolapse and severe regurgitation. I was told that I needed surgery & to meet with a few cardiothoracic surgeons for consultation. My cardiologist also told me that I was not a candidate for the minimally invasive surgery and that I would require having my sternum cut open. I met with a couple of surgeons & researched the robotic procedure and found Dr. Loulmet. He repaired my valve on 2/15/18. I was home in 2 days, no complications ! He is the BEST!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I am a 58 year-old male who discovered in Nov 2017 that I had mitral valve prolapse w/ severe regurgitation. I visited Dr. Loulmet at NYU Langone, which is the best decision I ever made. My surgery was performed on 2/20/18 at NYU. Seven hours later, I awoke in the recovery room—no tubes down my throat, only 4 or 5 puncture marks on the right side of my chest. The pain was minimal. Within 2 days, I checked out of NYU. I'm back to work and feel great and highly recommend Dr. Loulmet!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
Dr. Loulmet is extremely skilled and his use of robotic surgery is remarkable. I had robotic surgery in which my heart was stopped for an hour in order to open my heart and remove a growth. Not only was I virtually pain-free after the procedure -- I was on pain med for only two days, and then Tylenol for two days,, but two days after the surgery I was back home, sitting at my computer, back at work. This compares to a long and painful (and very restricted) recovery with usual surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
After shortness of breath when exercizing, which I initially considered as part of the aging process, I discovered I was in need mitral valve repair. I am fortunate enough to have been referred to Dr. Loulmet and his success with the Da Vinci robotic system. Rather than cracking open your chest, they are able to go in through your rib cage, saving weeks in hospitalization and recovery time. If you are in need of heart valve repair, this is the go-to doctor and his colleague Dr. Grassi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Loulmet and his team at NYU Langone and highly recommend robotic surgery. I had robotic surgery to repair my mitral value due to severe mitral valve regurgitation. During my consultation, my surgical procedure and my recovery Dr. Laulmet and his staff were and are always available, helpful, comforting, caring and kind. I can't be more thankful to Dr. Loulmet and his team at NYU!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?
I needed a mitral valve repair but despite being "severe," I had plenty of time to research doctors/hospitals. Dr. Loulmet was always near or at the top of the list. I could tell you how great the office/staff is or how great he was during preliminary/post-op discussions. But I cant do better than telling you I barely needed pain mediation at any point and I was back at work in one week (seriously). I couldn't recommend Dr. Loulmet more highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Didier Loulmet, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Loulmet?