Dr. Diane Kwan, MD

General SurgeryFemaleAge 45

General Surgery

Dr. Diane Kwan, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Concord, CA and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from R Franklin Univ Of Med & Sci in 2006. She is affiliated with medical facilities Concord Medical Center and Walnut Creek Medical Center. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Diane Kwan, MD

Epic Care - General & Bariatric Surgery

2700 Grant St Ste 316 Concord, CA 94520
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other General Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Kwan with our nearby General Surgery Specialists at NorthBay Medical Center.

Make an appointment at NorthBay Medical Center today at (707) 435-3107.

These providers are on the medical staff of NorthBay Medical Center.

Dr. Kwan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kwan

Outstanding Caring Surgeon
I had Gastric Sleeve and Hiatal Hernia surgery on September 29, 2020. After doing a lot of research on surgeons, I choose to contact Dr. Kwan. From the very first appointment, I knew she was the surgeon for me. Dr. Kwan is very easy to talk to, communicates thoroughly each step of the way and makes sure that you fully understand the entire process. She never hung up on a telephone appointment until all my questions were answered. Her staff is also top notch and made the entire process so easy always staying one stop ahead of me with appointment and answering questions. If you are looking for a compassionate, skilled and thorough surgeon, Dr. Kwan is the one for you.
Christine H – Nov 22, 2022
Simply outstanding
Had RNY and hiatal hernia repair in Nov 2021. Dr. Kwan has been very supportive, and clear about the process every step of the way. She prepared me with plenty of pain medication for after surgery, well, her surgery was so precise that I never, not once, needed to take any pain medication. This surgery was absolutely painless. I guess I can say, everything turned out perfect! I am currently at 125lbs. and could not have done it without her support. She does video visits, which I prefer, because I do not like driving. She takes the time to respond to all the multitude of questions I always ask. She is very knowledgeable, and always shares important information such as support groups or other pertinent information to help this be a successful surgery. Thank you very much Dr. Kwan!!!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Lupita Miramontes – Nov 15, 2022
Best Choice
Dr Kwan and her staff were very professional and full of information and encouragement! Bariatric Sleeve Robotic Surgery went home next day and the five little holes healed great with the glue and have not had one issue after surgery!! Thanks to Dr Kwan and the journey they take you on to get to the Bariatric surgery recommendations you and Dr Kwan agree on. Awesome is all I can say.
Rebecca Rodriguez – Jul 27, 2022
A surgeon who communicates
Dr Kwan patiently explained every aspect of my hernia procedure, performed it perfectly and then kindly answered many questions at my two-week follow up. Highly recommend her!
Nancy Martini – May 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
I went to Dr. Kwan about a hiatal hernia. Given my issues with weight she shared with me an option for bariatric surgery and she and her staff worked with me over many months to answer questions and make sure I was prepared. I couldn't be happier with results and availability of Dr. Kwan and her office to help with any post surgery questions or concerns.
TPrestler – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
Dr. Kean changed my life! She listened to my concerns for surgery and gave me realistic goals. I only wish I had met with her sooner.
Kelly Randall – Jun 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
I have just had my one year post op appointment. She is amazing weight loss surgeon. She gives you all the tools u need to loose the weight. She also gives you all the sample menus ideas you need. I have lost a total of 127 lbs in one year. I fully recommend Dr Kwan. I have also had zero issues. My only regret is not doing it sooner.
Kathryn P Kirk – Mar 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
Dr. Kwan offers LINX ®, a new laparoscopic procedure to treat GERD. This procedure involves a string of metal beads that are drawn together by a magnet. When this string is placed around the lower esophagus, the magnet pulls the beads together and closes off the esophagus from the stomach.
GERD - Anti Reflux – Feb 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
Dr. Kwan was my doctor for a Barbaric Sleeve Surgery that I had in January 2020. I am very happy with the surgery, I have lost 90 lbs. so far and hope to take off more. I have kept the 90 lbs. off during the pandemic. The only "side effect" that I had after the surgery was being nauseated which I am told happens to some people. I let Dr. Kwan know and she gave me medicine to help me out, it eventually went away. Dr. Kwan and her staff were very helpful, I have never been sorry I had the surgery and recommend it for anyone that has had years of trying to loose wait and keeping it off.
Joyce Chapman – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
Dr. Kwan did my bariatric sleeve surgery in 3/2018 and removed my gallbladder in 12/2020. I'm a person that does a lot of research when I get significant medical advice...especially for surgery. Dr. Kwan answered all my questions...she did not "brush" them off. She took them seriously and gave me clear answers. Sometimes that meant waiting to see how I healed and how I followed directions. I followed all her pre- and post-surgery orders and suggestions, which I think re-enforced a path for recovery, weight loss, and just being healthier. Both surgeries went just as expected. I think it helped that I went into both surgeries feeling positive about the outcome because I was confident about my surgeon's expertise, skill, and care. I recommend Dr. Kwan without reservation. Her team only makes things even better. They are extremely patient, knowledgeable, and very helpful. They really helped me set up some complex logistics during COVID-19 restrictions. THANKS to ALL!
BD – Dec 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
Dr Kwan was my surgeon for bariatric surgery, vertical sleeve. I recommend this surgery for anyone sick of carrying extra weight. She helped me loose 50 lbs safely. It was a little hard to understand the staff positions, who to call for what and when. But, they are ready to do the hand-holding necessary for new patients learning about their new stomach. Insurance issue cleared up easily. John Muir Hospital was safe and great.
Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
Dr Kwan was very reassuring about the procedure. Very relaxed interface with her, felt very confident in her knowledge about everything involved with the procedure.
Sep 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
I don’t know what happened but my GI surgery with Diane Kwan went horribly wrong and now I’m very sick because of it. It made my acid reflux worse, not better. My esophagus is so damaged I’m scared I’ll have to have it removed. I also now have IBS and food allergies I never had before the surgery. The food allergies cause horrendous asthma attacks if I eat something that I’m now allergic too. My GI doc said my internal anatomy is seriously messed up. She didn’t seem at all sympathetic when I told her what has happened. Please pray for me!
Scared – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
Thank you Dr. Diane Kwan for your professional approach to my difficult hernia surgery. After 2 weeks plus I'm nearing a complete recovery and feeling so mush better that before. Kudos to you and the staff at Aspen Surgery Center. Denis J. Smith
Denis J. Smith – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Kwan to anyone looking for a wonderful, friendly and professional surgeon. Dr. Kwan was my surgeon for my laparoscopic cholestectomy
Dr. Diane Kwan is a very professional surgeon with – Aug 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
I had gastric bypass and hiatel hernia surgery january 28 2020 combined like 4 hours robot da vinci surgery no complications diane is the best of the best of surgeons i would recommend her to anyone who wants weight loss surgery.
Adam Ebrahimi – Jul 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
She came off as knowledgable and kind. I was wrong! She recommended surgery for my son (probably money driven) surgery was done and wasn't done well. His wound was not healing at all.. We made several calls to Dr. Kwan , which was ineffective. His wound was open ,huge, painful, and stinky and she still was not concerned. She said will see you in a week. Really? Finally took him to urgent care, since she DIDNT CARE, and Dr. There said it was a surgery gone bad. He now has a staff infection and hole within a hole. This Dr. Kwan has damaged my son and is not kind and dosen't care. This will effect him for the rest of his life.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
I had bariatric surgery done by Dr. Kwan last year. She did a gastric sleeve procedure at John Muir-Concord. The entire procedure was done with a robot in an hour. There was way less pain than I thought there would be. The recovery was easy and painless. I have lost about a hundred pounds. She is a very caring doctor and easy to talk to, I would highly recommend her to everyone.
Richard T. – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
Amazing. I highly recommend her.
Jul 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?
Dr. Kwan preformed a robotic gastric sleeve surgery on me months ago. The care I received from her was amazing. Prior to my surgery she made sure I had a good understanding of what to expect. She has gone above and beyond in fallowing my care since the surgery. Her staff is knowledgeable and supportive. She gives extraordinary care and I have refereed several people to see her including my mother. Dr. Kwan has exceeded my expectations and the surgery is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Dr. Kwan is the best doctor I have seen!!!
Andrea A. in Martinez , CA – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Diane Kwan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kwan?