Dr. Diane Counce, MD

Dr. Diane Counce, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Diane Counce, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Hoover, AL. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Counce is affiliated with St. Vincent's Birmingham.

1000 Southlake Park Ste 200

Hoover, AL 35244

• First Choice Health
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Counce

See how frequently Dr. Counce performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Restless Leg Syndrome
Vertigo
Peripheral Nerve Disorders

Dr. Counce's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Ataxia
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Electrodiagnostic Procedure
  • Lumbar Puncture
  • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Neurological Testing
  • Non-Cosmetic Botox® Injection
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Peripheral Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of Mississippi
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • University Al
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University Of Alabama Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • University Of Alabama Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Counce has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Counce does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Counce and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Counce's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Counce to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Counce's Performance
    GOOD
Birmingham, AL |
BEST DOCTOR EVER! So smart and so caring. I would wait all day just to see her!
in Chelsea, AL |
Dr. Counce and her staff have always been helpful and really care about helping with any problems. I am a nurse and I refer all my family and friends to her!
Clanton, AL |
Expect to wait for hours. My appointment for a test was at 3 and it's 5 now and supposedly there was not going to be a wait at all since the test was at scheduled times. Absolutely horrible manners on the office staff, they don't care how long you wait or the fact you had to miss work for the appointment.
in Cherokee, NC |
Doctor, Nurses ??, and Staff get a 5 out of 5. Helpful, Caring, Professional, and Informative are just a few of their outstanding qualities. I would recommend this office to anyone looking for help.
in Sumter, SC |
Dr. Counce is by far the best doctor I have ever been to. Everyone in the office works hard. Her nurse, Shonda, is amazing. I know that when I contact her or go in that I will receive the best care. I've been to many doctors in various states, and even though I no longer live in the area I still see her. I've lived in four different states since my first visit. She is worth the 6+ hour drive. At times, I may have to wait, but that is no different than any doctor I've ever been to.
in Hoover AL |
This lady is very friendly and knowledgeable,took the time to explain what was going on ,she went above and beyond what a normal Dr would do..
in Birmingham |
The low rating some folks have given Dr. Counce and staff couldn't be farther from the truth for me. I have been with Dr. Counce for over a year now. It's the first time in the 40 years I have had migraine that I actually get listened to and action is taken to control them. By some miracle a cure comes in my lifetime I know this office would JUMP to let me know. I have been gracious to them and they give that back. Sure I've waited but compared to my lifetime of migraines..drop in the bucket.
in McCalla, AL |
I felt like being only a number for Dr. Counce. I had to wait 1.5 hours every time to see her. She has by far too many patients. She does not spend enough time with her patients. I stopped seeing her after 3 appointments, because I still haven't been informed about any treatment. When her office-staff gives you a call, there is no real person on the line, but a pre-recorded advertisement announcement. So these people do not give a you a few seconds to take the call ...as I said, just a number !
Birmingham, AL |
The negative reviews are all well warranted. 2 of my young adult children (16 and 22) suffer from severe migraines & have been seeing her for over 3 years. Although we rarely SEE her. We ALL refuse to go back. She is a great doctor, but her office staff is rude & the wait time is absolutely ridiculous. We now travel to a neurologist in Trussville from Hoover. It's definitely a quicker visit even with the travel time there & back. He & his staff are all caring, nurturing, and thorough.
in Columbiana, Al |
I've been seeing her for years. Care as gotten worse since she has built up her buisness, I've waited 2 hours in the waiting room and then 4 hours in the patient room. On 2 different occasions they forgot I was there. The woman that Checks you out is so rude. She can't keep a Nurse Practioner, a new one every time I go back. The last one I saw didn't even go over my health problems. She refilled my prescriptions and left. I haven't seen Counce in 2 years. Just Practioner
Chelsea, AL |
Nasty staff attitude, rude, if you complain about the wait time she refuses to see you even if you have already been waiting for two hours. This happened to my mom yesterday. She is all about getting those bucks coming through the door, does not care about the experience.
Chelsea, AL |
Dr Diane R. Counce, MD is one of the worst doctors my mother has seen in the past thirty years. Her office is very poorly run. When you arrive for that your appointment at the designated time, you will wait for hours so that she and her staff can tend first to "new patients". The "office policy" is to "squeeze" existing patients around the new patients; hence the more than two hour wait even though you have an appointment that you scheduled more than a month earlier. New patients - BEWARE!
in Birmingham, AL |
I visited Counce's office 3 separate times all taking 2.5 hours to see her. I had been told while waitibg in lobby they had a 2.5 hour wait, and the front offce was rude and unhelpful. I found this to be true. It took her office 6 workibg days once they had referral from Coune to get to referring doctor. I then received a VOICE MAIL from Margaret in their office that they could not meet my needs. I never heard first wird from Counce. And leaving a voice mail??!! l
in Birmingham |
If you have all day to spend in a waiting room this is your place. She's a good doctor but you always spend hours waiting even if you are the only person in the waiting room.
in Birmingham, AL |
I like Dr. Counce, the nurse practioner, and the lady who first calls you back to a room. However, if you are getting an injection or having any lab work DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT get up to walk back with your child the lab police will throw their hand up and Stop you on demand and make you feel like you've committed a crime just by standing up. Very rude and unfriendly! Receptionist is also rude and unfriendly. Maybe Dr. Counce will address these initial impressions and improve her practice.
in Helena, AL |
Nice personality, good bed side manners and an extremely intelligent doctor. I have been to Mayo clinic and all I learned was I have the BEST here Diane Counce.
in Hoover, AL |
I was referred to this office. When I called to schedule, the receptionist didn't understand what new patient meant and got nasty with me even though I had repeated several times that I had never been there and needed a New Patient appointment. I hung up without an appointment. A few months later I received a bill for. $50.00 cancellation fee! Obviously I'm not paying that
She is not consistent with patient care, wait time is awful. She does not take patient in order of appointments, more so on need.
2.5 hour wait is totally unnecessary. Nothing else matter to me when I have waited 2.5 hours to see a dr.
in Pelham, AL |
She is an excellent doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Diane Counce, MD?
Are you Dr. Counce?