Dr. Diana Westgate, MD

Dr. Diana Westgate, MD

Dermatology  |

Born in Saginaw, Michigan, Dr. Westgate was excited to settle back in West Michigan after completing her dermatology residency at Harvard Medical School. She and her husband Nate consider the lakefront their home, and recently adopted a Havachon puppy, Chula, who keeps them running in circles. On a personal level she enjoys reading, outdoor activities, musical theater, international cooking, travel, and experiencing new cultures. Dr. Westgate's clinical interests include pediatric dermatology, particularly vascular malformation, advances in melanoma, and women's dermatology. The commitment I make each day is to empower every person who trusts me with the care of their skin problem. I strive to partner with you, provide you with complete and understandable information and always protect your interests like I would my own family members. - Diana Westgate, MD, FAAD

Forefront Dermatology - Grand Rapids

4362 Cascade Rd SE Ste 206

Grand Rapids, MI 49546

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Westgate

Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out.

Video

Dr. Westgate's Experience

Dr. Westgate's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Boil
  • Hives
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Hope College
  • Grand Rapids Medical Education and Research Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Harvard Medical School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Westgate has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • American Board of Dermatology, Member

Dr. Westgate's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Westgate to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Westgate's Performance
in Plainwell, MI |
estgateDr. Wrecognize. Dr. Westgate took care of them. I have no worries since she began diagnosing and treating. I highly recommend Dr. Westgate. is thorough and easy to talk to. I had skin precancers and cancers that my primary care physician failed to
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I have already recommended Dr Westgate to family and friends and I will continue to do so.
Delton, MI |
Friendly & very thorough. I definitely would recommend Dr. Westgate.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Westgate and her staff are wonderful. The nurse who met with us first was very attentive, kind. and informative. Dr. Westgate explained diagnosis and medication effectively and thoroughly. She is very personable, listens to concerns and makes you feel valued. I appreciate how she and her staff treated my daughter at her first visit. The only concern is that there was only one person working the front desk for both check in and check out. This slowed things down a bit on the way in and out.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Very kind and listened to my concerns. Answered all my questions thoroughly. Recommended her to family members. Thank you .
in Holland, MI |
Dr. Westgate is very proactive and through.
Jenison, MI |
Dr. Westgate is knowledgeable and efficient in her practice. She does a good job addressing problems and explaining her treatment plan in understandable terms. We have seen her for treatment of teenage acne and for adult skin issues. We are very satisfied and I would recommend her. .
in Grandville, MI |
Saw Dr. Westgate for a suspicious mole, she took a biopsy and sent it to pathology. Turned out to be melanoma as she suspected and I would have to come back for a wide excision to make sure it was all removed. Nobody wants to be told they have cancer at 28, but Dr. Westgate was great and made sure to answer any questions I had and the office staff was great fitting me in right away for the excision.
in Battle Creek, MI |
This was my first visit with Dr. Westgate. She immediately made me feel comfortable and proceeded to do a thorough examination which I had never had with my previous dermatologist! She explained everything to my understanding which I appreciated.
in Battle Creek, MI |
I would shout it from the roof tops that if you are looking for an outstanding Dermatologist, this is where you should go. After suffering for a year with what was being treated as a fungal infection with no improvement, I decided to find a dermatologist that actually took the time to LOOK at my skin. I have ASTOUNDING improvement in less than a week of starting her treatment plan. I was treated with dignity and true concern. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Westgate!
Thank you for the positive feedback, 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Westgate is fantastic and I do strongly recommend her! However, it can be frustrating to deal with the Wisconsin office so try to contact her office directly. Also, pathology bills are outrageous- ask to have path sent out locally.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I always look forward to seeing Dr. Westgate with my skin conditions. I trust that her treatment will lead to a successful ending to my problems. She is a good listener and while examining the condition I come into the office for, her attention is fully on me. I highly recommend coming under her care with your problems. You will not be disappointed.
Belding, MI |
I chose the right Dr when I made my appointment. Professional but caring and friendly. I would definitely recommend her.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Absolutely number 1 in my book. Addressed my problem immediately and worked with me to correct it expediently.
in Grand Rapids |
This review's for my experience once I was able to be with Dr. Westgate. She did an upper half examination, did a few freezes and is treating me for sun damaged skin located on my scalp. I've very pleased with how professionally and quickly it went. It took 3 1/2 months, with 2 reschedules to finally meet with Dr. Westgate. The reschedules were not made by me, but were from their office. I'm not rating the office on this review, but if I was; I would give them 2 Stars. Dr. Westgate gets al
in Ada, MI |
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Westgate was very professional and an excellent communicator. She was an excellent listener and explained clearly her plan of treating my problem.
in Kentwood, MI |
Compassionate, knowledgeable and with a great sense of humor, Dr Westgate saves lives every day, including mine. She could rival any plastic surgeon with her suturing skills.
in Marshall MI |
I have an annual exam and this is my second annual with Dr W and she is the most thorough dermatologist I have ever dealt with. Her staff is very polite and efficient and the new location is very pleasant.
in Muskegon, MI |
I came in for a full body skin check, knowing that I had a few areas of concern. Dr Westgate was thorough and informative.
in Sparta, MI |
I would recommend Dr. Westgate. She was friendly, informed me well of what needed to happen and basically walked me through the procedure. I felt comfortable with all that transpired. The staff was friendly, also.
in middleville mi |
She found a bad thing on my arm and took care of it right away
Grand Haven, MI |
Informative, compassionate, friendly and pleasantly engaged. She answered all our questions and helped us understand what needed to be done.
I love this office and Dr Westgate is the best
in Hastings, MI |
I called to schedule appointment on Friday and had an appointment on Monday 8 am. Dr. Westgate was not only professional, but fun. She did a very thorough head to toe exam and immediately found 2 moles that needed to be removed. She took the time to listen to my concerns and explained the results of my exam in great detail. I am confident that she is the best dermatologist in the area!
Marquette, MI |
Dr. Westgate recommended changing my prescription medication for Rosacea from Finacea to Soolantra and took the time to explain the new medication to me. She was also early for my appointment and very responsive to my questions.
in Marquette, MI |
She was extremely friendly and explained the procedure very well. She was also very comforting. I highly recommend her.
in Calumet, MI |
Courteous and knowledgeable.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Very thorough and willing to spend extra time with me to discuss my concerns.
Lowell,MI |
Dr. Westgate was very friendly and explained the procedure very well. She was able to answer all my questions throughly.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Simple but Efficient office and Dr. Westgate was wonderful!! Very friendly and easy to talk to. If I lived in town, I would definitely see her again!
Dr. West gate is very friendly and willing to listen to your needs to provide a plan. I think she is a great doctor!
in Clarksville, Mi. |
I am a patient of Dr. Hammond, but had my stitches removed at your office. I was very happy with the service that I received. Ron Hausserman
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Absolutely the rudest front office service I have ever experienced. This is not Dr. Westgates office you are calling but a call center in Wisconsin. They will route messages to the doctor that are never answered. Appointments are cancelled without explanation. The operator will tell you nothing is available, the next operator will find plenty of open times. They will not let you ever reach the actual office. Awful experience. Would not recommend Forefront to ANYONE!
Have you seen Dr. Diana Westgate, MD?

Visit Dr. Westgate

Dr. Westgate accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

More Dermatologists at Forefront Dermatology - Grand Rapids