Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD

Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD

Orthopedic Spine SurgeryMale

Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD is an Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in Centreville, VA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Reston Hospital Center and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dhruv Pateder, MD

Dhruv Pateder, MD6201 Centerville Rd Ste 600 Centreville, VA 20121

1860 Town Ctr Dr Ste 300 Reston, VA 20190

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Spine Surgeons at Reston Hospital Center

Dr. Pateder's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pateder

4.5

I first went to see Dr Pateder for a lumbar spine problem. However, he determined that my cervical spine needed to have an MRI as well. The test revealed severe stenosis in my neck. I believe his surgery to correct this saved me from serious loss of function. I will always be grateful for his thoroughness in diagnosis and skill in surgery
Mary – Mar 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr. Pateder was kind when I went to him after having neck pain for years. He offered me the option of disc replacement versus fusion and explained the pros and cons of both. I chose the disc replacement and I am doing excellent. No more pain or numbness. Thank you Dr. Pateder. He is the best. No nonsense. Tells it like it is
Andy H – Feb 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr. Pateder is warm, welcoming, thorough and lays out your path for corrective measures and recovery in a timely and clear manner. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He is open, approachable and will answer all of your questions. I believe he truly cares about his patients and provides the highest level of care available.
K. McClure – Nov 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr. Pateder came highly recommended by my doctor and research information. After experiencing severe back pain which was impacting my ability to walk and sit, an appointment was scheduled with Dr. Pateder. Dr. Pateder explained what my back surgery would entail should I decide to have back surgery. My back surgery not only alleviated the severe pain, but with physical therapy and taking walks, a near full recovery is anticipated. I could not be happier with the results of my back surgery. Dr. Pateder and his staff were most helpful before and after my back surgery. I highly recommend, and without reservation, Dr. Pateder if you need back surgery.
Nov 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
On 6/17/2021, Dr. Pateder recommended me to perform surgery on both of my L3-L4 and L4-L5 spine in order to fix the numbness on my legs as soon as possible. However, my chiropractor Dr. Edward S. Baek has reminded me that I should always look for second opinion. Hence, I found Dr. Fred Mo and he said that I only need surgery on my L4-L5 spine. He is outstanding and professional spine surgeon. After he performed surgery on my L4-L5 spine on 7/29/2021, the numbness on my legs are gone. In the past several decades, I have spent a lot of time and money and tried to resolve my problem and Dr. Mo fixed it. In addition, my recovery was quick and it took only 4 weeks. Right after that, my wife and I went to Europe trips for a month and enjoyed it. Thank you very much for Dr. Mo's fantastic operation!
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Wai Kit Li – Nov 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr. Paterder was kind, gave me his full attention and was very patient with me and my concerns about surgery. The staff in his office was very attentive and helpful. The surgery was at Reston Hospital and the staff their was also terrific. Every person in the hospital that we came in contact with had nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Paterder and made me feel very well taken care of. I wish I hadn’t waited so long to have this surgery, it was the best present I could have given myself! If I ever have back problems again Dr. Paterder will be my first call.
C Gilligan – Nov 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
I prolonged my much needed L4/L5/S1 surgery up until the point that it was extremely difficult to walk. I met with Dr. Pateder and found his detailed explanation of my issue and the recommended course of treatment comforting. When the office staff submitted my request for surgery they initially declined the L5/S1 procedure. Dr. Pateder explained to the insurance company how important it was to have the entire procedure done. After further review the insurance company approved and I had my surgery the following week. Dr. Pateder's skills and bed side manner are amazing and I can't thank him enough for everything he has done for me. I'm one year post op and feel great! I highly recommend Dr. Pateder and his staff.
Andrew G. – Oct 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr. Pateder is an amazing Surgeon! After years of other doctors not figuring out the problem, he had it diagnosed correctly on the first appointment, and a plan of attack ready to go. L4/5 Surgery was completed quick and easy, had me out of the hospital quickly, and back home healing perfect. He is by far, the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with, and wouldn’t hesitate in the least bit, to have any other issues in the future taken care of by him!
Patrick Cowan – Sep 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr. Pateder has proformed surgery on my upper and lower back over the years. Each surgery has given me much less pain and more benefits in movement. Wonderful doctor, very knowledgeable and friendly. I would highly recommend to anyone.
Lucero Humphrey – Sep 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
2nd fusion performed in 8 years in different location in spine. Chose Dr. P because of his knowledge, confidence and performance in the first surgery. I will continue to see Dr. P for any future ailments as I have no doubt the outcome will great. He has allowed me to continue to have an active lifestyle. I have recommended him without hesitation to others. Great demeanor, great Doctor!!
Scott Delcore – Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Robotic Scoliosis Surgery I had a scoliosis of 60 degrees. I have been living with pain for decades. I met Dr Pateder through a friend’s recommendation (he did disc replacement surgery on him). After getting to know me, doing an exam and reviewing my history and images, he recommended a minimally invasive robotic scoliosis surgery. Having failed multiple rounds of physical therapy and injections, I decided to proceed with surgery. It was the beat decision of my life. While the first few weeks were somewhat difficult, I am now 90% pain free at 3 months after surgery. I am more active now than I have been for years. Dr Pateder is truly a magnificent surgeon. He is very, very skilled but he is so humble and kind. I HIGHLY recommend him and his team. If you have spinal issues, don’t torture yourself by living with pain. See Dr Pateder and get his opinion…by the way, he is not “cut happy”…he told 2 of my friends that they did not need surgery (whereas their surgeon recommended it)!
Mary S – Aug 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr. Pateder did a disc replacement on my neck after physical therapy and injections did not work. He was very meticulous, thorough and skilled. My pain and numbness are completely gone. I was back to work in 3 days and back to the gym in a week. I couldn't be happier. I have interacted with several surgeons over my lifetime and Dr. Pateder is simply the best!
Successful Disc Replacement Surgery – Aug 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr. Pateder destroyed my back with 2 surgeries on April 27th and 28th, 2020. I was in such pain for months afterwards and he said it was normal. I ended up going to see Dr Fred Mo at MedStar Georgetown on Dec 2020 and he totally redid everything on Dec 21st, total spine fusion and laminectomy as well. I feel great and pain free. Dr Mo took out everything to include 2 loose screws and put in all new parts the correct way.
Sal – Mar 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr Pateder is an exceptional surgeon with great bedside manner. He is thorough in his explanation of procedures, outcomes, risks and benefits. My surgery (done 6 months ago) is a complete success and my functionality is restored 100%.
Feb 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Excellence! He changed MY LIFE. No regrets, I highly recommend him. He operated on my neck (fusion) and my lumbar spine (3 level fusion-anterior/posterior surgery). I am finally in no pain after years of it.
Charity Gordon – Dec 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr. Pateder and his staff provided me with outstanding care from pre-op to post-op. I highly recommend Dr. Pateder. The best outcome I could have wished for.
Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr. Pateder has been a miracle worker for me. He completed three surgeries to fuse my spine and neck, providing relief from pain and numbness in my arm and leg. He is the epitome of professionalism and expertise. I have recommended him to family and friends who have needed spinal surgery.
Joy – Jun 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Pateder, his staff and Town Center. They all helped me through cervical surgery with efficiency, kindness, courtesy, and compassion even during a pandemic. Pateder's team was there for me with after-care and follow up questions. I definitely recommend this group and Dr. Pateder if spine surgery is in your future.
May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
He did surgery on my lumbar spine with poor results. I ended up having to have surgery again
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?
Dr. Pateder takes the time to go over all available options and the outcomes. He never makes you feel rushed and answers all questions thoroughly. I would highly recommend Dr. Pateder and his team.
K. Hailey – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dhruv Pateder, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pateder?