Dr. Devendra Wadwekar, MD

Dr. Devendra Wadwekar, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
47 reviews

Dr. Devendra Wadwekar, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Gilbert, AZ. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Wadwekar is affiliated with Dignity Health - Mercy Gilbert Medical Center and Dignity Health - Chandler Regional Medical Center....See Less

East Valley Diabetes & Endocrinology, PC

4100 S Lindsay Rd Ste 130

Gilbert, AZ 85297

• AARP
  • Ameriben
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Banner Health
  • City of Mesa Health Plan
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Wadwekar

Dr. Wadwekar's Experience

Dr. Wadwekar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

• Diabetes Counseling
  • Orthopedic Surgical Procedures
  • Thyroid Nodule Evaluation
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Bj Medical College, Poona University
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Lincoln Medical Mental Health Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
  • University Of Utah School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Wadwekar has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Wadwekar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wadwekar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Wadwekar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wadwekar to family and friends
Dr. Wadwekar's Performance
in Queen Creek, AZ |
I would never recommend this Dr to anyone. Save your self the trouble! For starters they don't answer the phone and the online portal doesn't work. Second, he spends no time with you during your appointment. Could not even provide accurate information on the medicine he prescribed me. Scary! -sarah V
in Gilbert, AZ |
I have seen Dr. Wadwekar for over a year and have been highly satisfied with his professionalism, knowledge of diabetes and various treatments and his kindness and encouragement. He has helped me gain and maintain control of my diabetes. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Gilbert, az |
If I could give no stars I would. I rarely leave reviews but I would hate for other to have to find out the hard way. He does not spend ANY time with his patients, does not answer questions. He just treated me with perscriptions. I called him when a Rx was making me extremely sick he said it was just coincidence. I went to another doctor who said I needed to stop that medication immediately and sickness is a big side effect. I am now being treated and I am seeing results.
Phoenix, AZ |
The appointment although the front desk lacked any serious communication skills. He billed me 319.00 for a 20 minute office visit. His bill said it was a level 4 office visit, with 5 taking the most time. Combining this with the other reviews here, I would definitely stay away.
Tempe, AZ |
Their front office staff are very rude and always have an attitude when I question something. They need to learn customer service. The doc is very stiff. Not welcoming at all. I guess medical school doesn't look at personalities.
Gilbert, Az |
Would NOT recommend Dr. Wadwekar. He treated my 83 yr old father for several years. My father has been hospitalized several times in the past year,due to the many health problems he has. Due to this he had to cancel some scheduled appointments with Dr. Wadwekar. Since then My father received a letter from Dr. Wadwekar telling him he would no longer treat him due to "non-compliance." Refusing to see your patients because they cancelled appointments due to hospital stays is ridiculous!!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Scheduled an appointment, decided that this doctor was not who I wanted to see based off the reviews on here as well as another Doctor's opinion. Tried to cancel appointment as I was told there would be a $50 cancelation fee. It took several phone calls and phone transfers. When I finally reached their office there was no answer and the recording said I had to sign up through the patient portal to cancel. Okay. But seriously...more time signing up. No place on portal to cancel. Ridiculous.
I am not very fond of the receptionist or the front desk. She is not very friendly. She was pretty rude and does not show that she cares. She does not seem to like what she is doing. If you are going to be facing patients everyday and especially you are in the frontline, you should make them feel welcome and be more courteous to them. As for Dr. Wadwekar, he was attentive. He was hands-on as he did the vitals himself. However, he seemed like he was rushing to get out. He was ok.
in apache junction AZ |
last time I was there beginning October 2016 , I had some question about possible side effects I go true with my thyroid medication armour I take for grave disease, the answer I get was I don't know !!! I don't seen dr wadewaker the last 2 times I was there, i got a woman working for him , im paying for the doctor advise not for some I don't know anything these disease is way to important to play with its my health my body and I never go back there im very disappointed !!!
in Mesa, AZ |
I'm a Primary Addisons Disease patient of five years now and have recently moved 1400 miles away from my old Endocrinologist who was top notch. I couldn't be more blessed to have found a dedicated professional as well as his compassionate ways and willingness to understand concerns from a patients point of view. All i can say is thank you.
in Gilbert |
Professional however he's a bit dismissive with any medical concerns you may have. Never really addresses concerns with serious consideration surrounding your medical condition ad appears to be rushed. Wait times are a bit too kong and when he comes in to visit with you, any questions you may have are not fully addressed. He is fast to move to the next patient. One feels rushed.
in Gilbert, AZ |
He was professional-not personal My appointment was on April 4-he told me my problem was not endocrine related I needed to see a neurologist and he would refer me. He drew yet more lab It is now April 20-- I have heard nothing but received a bill for over $300 for labs and a bill from his office for $35 co-pay in addition to what my insurance paid. I don't feel I have received any services.
in Mesa,AZ |
Doctor was very nice and had a relaxed but interested demeanor. He seemed very knowledgable and even though the other doctor's office forgot to send my labs, was able to discuss different approaches to help me start feeling better again.
in Queen creek, az |
Changing from a GP to DR Wadwekar I brought my existing meds per their request. First time I refilled one, the dose was off. Knowing that medication prevents a complication that was a potential side effect of New meds from doc, I contacted the pharmacy. They said that is what was called in. I called the clinic and the gal I talked to made it sound like it was my fault-even though I beouht in existing prescription bottles. They called in new. But they again sent the wrong dose.
Have you seen Dr. Devendra Wadwekar, MD?
Are you Dr. Wadwekar?

Visit Dr. Wadwekar

Dr. Wadwekar accepts 24 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Ameriben
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
    AHCCCS - AZ Health Care Cost Containment System
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
    AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) EPO
    Cigna Healthcare of Arizona
    Cigna POS
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • City of Mesa Health Plan
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA