Dr. Deven Khosla, MD

Dr. Khosla
Telehealth services available

California Iom Incorporated

2811 Wilshire Blvd Ste 930 Santa Monica, CA 90403

Dr. Deven Khosla, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Santa Monica, CA and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine medical school in 1995. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Providence Saint John's Health Center and Southern California Hospital at Culver City. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Khosla to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Khosla with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Dr. Khosla's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Khosla

Dr. Khosla

I met Dr. Khosla at what was probably the most vulnerable time in my life. I went from being extremely physically active (a major source of joy in my life) to completely limited in my abilities and in constant pain. Dr. Khosla wasted no time - he reviewed the MRI results with me, answering every question and validating that my pain was real (when you are in extreme pain, that matters). He then recommended an aggressive schedule to surgery (replacement of two cervical discs). And his staff was totally on top of it, getting me everything I needed in advance. Dr. Khosla's bedside manner was phenomenal. Every nurse I met told me he is their favorite surgeon to work with. And he checked on me several times post-surgery. I am now 100 days past the surgery and not only am I pain-free (which is remarkable), but there are no limitations on my physical activity. Oh an my scare (a 2 inch incision on my neck) is barely visible! Thank you Dr. Khosla! You gave me my life back.
Corey L. – Jan 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
I saw Dr. Khosla for treatment of neck and back pain which I have suffered for years and have seen other doctors—but never one as caring and attentive as him. I was very satisfied and impressed with how much time and careful attention Dr. Khosla gave to my condition and treatment plan. He took the time to go over my MRI while showing it and explain it all so clearly to me (like no other doctor had ever done before). He reviewed all the options for my treatment with me —weighing the pros and cons—and helped me to make the most informed and confident decisions of my care. The office was very clean as well. I don’t normally go out of my way to write a review. However, I was so pleasantly surprised how Dr Khosla exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond, I want to express my gratitude. I am happy I am now in his care and that I am with a doctor I trust and have confidence in. Thank you, Dr. Khosla!
Konstantina – Aug 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
Wonderful. I was so Anxious. He listened and reassured me. I am still in the hospital Saint John's. I am 67 and had pre existing medical issues. Surgery was yesterday. I feel better today a wonderful caring and compassionate doctor. Did I say patient doctor?
Jackie eyerly in Santa monica, CA – Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
Dr. Khosla is the consummate professional in every way. He is highly skilled, compassionate, thorough; with excellent follow through. Additionally, his staff are consistently helpful and take care of all the details needed when one has surgery (e.i. complete MLOA forms in a very timely manner). After struggling with a herniated disc, constant sciatica, and left toe numbness for 8 months, I decided to pursue surgery. Despite PT and epidural, I could not get much relief from the pain. As a nurse, I feared surgery. However, when I observed Dr. Khosla's conversation and manner with one of my pre-op patients, I decided to see him as a patient. After doing further research, I was convinced he was the one to operate on me. He stands out as one of the best neurosurgeons I have ever met. I am now 5 days post-op (L4-5 foramenotomy, L5-S1 Microdiskectomy), have fully regained strength and sensation in my left foot, and have no pain. Thank you Dr. Khosla!
Kimberly Godawa – Oct 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
Dr. Khosla performed a C3-C7 Anterioor Doscectomy with Fusion on me in April. It is now July and I fell like a whole new person. If you are on pain and need to be heard, schedule an appointment with him. His patience and honesty will guide you in the right direction and lead you on the road to getting your life back. I can honestly say he has given me my life back! I am grateful and thankful! All the best to you Dr.! Michele Olive
Michele Olive – Jul 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
I have been practicing for many years as an anesthesiologist in LA. I got to know Dr Khosla by recommendation from one of my colleagues. He did my cervical spine fusion at C3-4 and C5-6. I feel so lucky to have him to operate on me. He is an excellent neurosurgeon. I had my surgery about a year now and completely recovered. In fact, it is more than what I expected. His surgical operation is neat which gives quick recovery without complications. Absolutely, two thumbs up !
Gary Fan, MD – Jul 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
Dr. Khosla gave me my life back! Not only did a fabulous job, his bedside manner is superb! My neck feels amazing and it’s only been 5 weeks post op. I would recommend my own mother to him! He has a true gift. Thanks Doc??!
May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
Dr. Khosla is exceedingly skilled, professional, and empathetic. He took his time listening to my symptoms, reviewing my images, performing physical exams, and providing his recommendations for surgery. My surgery went very well without complications and I felt better almost immediately. Dr. Khosla went out of his way to follow up with me not only in person for a postop check, but also checked in with me via phone and video conference. He and his staff are excellent and come highly recommended!
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
I suffered from spinal stenosis for over 7 years. I was basically incapacitated by that condition. The excruciating pain and numbness down my back, legs and feet prevented me from walking, standing or sitting for more than 5 min. I had a L5/S1 decompression with fusion by Dr Khosla 8 weeks ago and I am completely pain free now. Dr Khosla listens, he is very professional, calm and reassuring. Dr Khosla, thank you so much for giving me my life back. May God bless you and give you many more years.
Karen in LANCASTER – Dec 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
Dr. Khosla performed back surgery consisting of Laminectomy Lumbar with Fusion of the L3-5 vertebrae on August 15, 2018. This surgery was performed to relive pressure on my nerves that had become inflamed such that I couldn't walk any longer for any length of distance. Dr Khosla is an extreme professional and a person I would recommend to family and friends. The surgery was very successful, recovery to normal activities in less than six weeks, and I can now walk without any pain.
Carl Haase in Valencia, CA – Dec 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
I’m a 58 year old male. I noticed that I was losing strength and feeling fatigue all the time. I was even having a hard time getting in and out of my car. I ride Harley’s and it was becoming difficult to ride. I could barely shift the gears. I was starting to get depressed. I went to my primary doctor to see if their was anything they can do? I was in constant pain all the time. I was referred to Dr. Khosla. I had surgery 3-weeks later. I’m a new man with no pain and living my life! Thank You!
Randy in Valencia, CA – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
Dr Khosla saved my life. Meaning he gave it back to me. He did an emergency discectomy on L4-L5 blocking 90% of my spinal column in 2006 (in Reno). I am 100% even 12 yrs later. He is kind, calm, listens, looks you straight in the eye. He is a brilliant surgeon. I have never left one of these. But after a full day hike in the Sierras this weekend, I was thinking how grateful I was to Dr Khosla and how much I owe him. Hands down, the best doctor I’ve ever had. If you can get in, go.
Laurie Macfee in Berkeley, CA – Jul 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
I had a C2 to T12 posterior instrument fusion with a C3 to C6 laminectomy to correct a sever spinal stenosis issue that would have probably led to me being handicapped in the near future. I am writing this one year later to say that I am doing great and would Highly recommend Dr. Khostla if you are requiring surgery. The staff was wonderful, the hospital was wonderful and I was back at work within 5 weeks. I worried about this surgery, but can say that I am great-full to Dr Khostla.
Rod Bradbury in Palmdale – Mar 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
Dr. Khosla is the best!! He did emergency surgery on me after I suffered a hemorrhagic stroke! He also did surgery for a shunt, which, so far, has given me absolutely no problem. I wish he would move back to Reno!
Carol in Reno – Mar 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
I don't have words that can adequately describe the fear I had, prior to surgery. And I also cannot describe adequately just h0w safe I felt in Dr. Khosla's care. He, and his team, were top notch, all the way around. Professional, yet very warm. Efficient, yet took as much time as necessary to meet your needs. If I had to take off anywhere, it would be in the ease of appointments process, but I refuse to mark him down for anything. I give the highest recommendation possible to Dr. Khosla.
AJ in West Hollywood, CA – Feb 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
One year pain free after surgery for spinal stenosis. Thank you Dr. Khosla.. Ray McCord, Encino, CA
Ray McCord in Encino, CA – Dec 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
I would like to thank Dr. Khosla for being an utmost professional and a true human being. He cared for me like a family member.
Astghik G. in Chatsworth, CA – Sep 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
Dr. Khosla is the best neurosurgeon in Los Angeles. I have had two anterior disc replacement a few days ago. He is totally profesional, caring and polite. His work couldn't be more perfect. The staff at Kaiser were mostly great too. I will be eternally grateful. I am in recovery now but looking forward to a new life.
Granada Hills, CA – May 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
Dr. Khosla is so proficient, professional and caring at the same time. A great choice for my neck surgery and recovery. His staff is so polite and welcoming. Nurse Wren is the best in Reno!
Nina in Reno, NV – Jul 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?
His medical assistant Jacqueline is very rude! She says she calls you and days go by and never call you! You can't get through the doctor without going through her! When she calls she talks with an aggressive voice and she says Don't argue lady this is what it is! I mean in what professional setting someone would talk like that! I stopped going to doctor Khosla because I don't want to deal with his rude assistant.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Zohreh Ferdowsali in Reno, NV – Jun 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Deven Khosla, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Khosla?
Provider explaining information to patient