Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Devanand Dominique, MD
Dr. Devanand Dominique, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Harrisburg, PA. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Dominique is affiliated with Holy Spirit Hospital.

895 S Arlington Ave

Harrisburg, PA 17109

• Capital Blue Cross
  • CoreSource
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • HealthAmerica Pennsylvania, Inc.
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Keystone Health Plan East

Learn about Dr. Dominique

Dr. Dominique's Experience

Dr. Dominique's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Bone Cancer
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteosarcoma

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurostimulation
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• The Medical School-University College Dublin
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • University Of North Dakota
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Temple University Hospital
  • Children's Hospital-Harvard Medical School-Pediatrics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Toronto-Spinal Surgery (Neurosurgery/Orthopaedic)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Best Doctors, 2009
  • Americas Top Physicians, 2004-2009

Dr. Dominique has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dominique does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dominique and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dominique's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dominique to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Dominique's Performance
in New Cumberland, PA |
Seemed nice, went to see him for an opinion as I was facing a 2 level fusion. He was 30 minutes late, didn't offer any different options. I was fine with him just decided to use a surgeon who offered a different approach.
in Newville |
After nearly six years of chronic pain, associated with a head, neck, and back injury," and seeing numerous health care professionals," I found Dr. Dominique," the Messiah," of Nuerosurgeons! After one look at the original images from the day I was injured, Dr. Dominique, identified the cause of my chronic pain. He confidently said," I can definitely help you!" That was the best day of the rest of my life. So, November 3rd. Of 2016, he performed surgery on my back. Thank you Dr. Dominique!!!!!!!
in McConnellsburg, PA |
Dr. Dominique is very personable and humble. He takes time to listen to your concerns and answers all questions you may have. He also goes the extral mile than most doctors to ensure you are at your best before, during, and after any injuries and procedures. I would recommend Dr. Dominique to anyone!
Carlisle, PA |
A skilled surgeon, intensely professional and decisive in offering the option of surgery to alleviate a worsening lower back condition. Surgery was scheduled within 10 days of office visit- a most welcomed outcome. Post-Op recovery is progressing without incident - much improved movement and torso flexibility. Pre-Op condition of numbness and tingling in lower extremity completely gone!! You should have no anxiety or hesitancy to place your faith and trust in the skill of Dr. Dominique!!
in Newville, PA |
Dr. Dominique was a blessing. He knew exactly what needed to be done - something several doctors did not. The most wonderful thing about the process was that he actually sat down and talked with my wife and I for as long as we needed to have all our questions and concerns addressed. He was compassionate and supportive through the entire process. I have recommended him to all that have told me they are having similar problems.
in Williamstown, Pa |
He identified my problem stated he could fix it and did exactly what he said he would. I am well pleased with his services.
in Williamstown, Pa |
Well he is very through. Let's you know all the facts and how long of a recovery it will take. Doesn't keep anything back. Which that is the kind of doctor I like. Tells you the way it is right up front. After surgery he was right on, it took a year to get back on my feet and feel decent.
in Harrisburg, PA |
I can’t begin to say how much I have appreciated his steady hands and the great knowledge that he has in many different areas. I came to Dr. Dominique about 4 years ago with severe chronic neck and lower back pain. He performed spinal fusions in my neck at two separate areas and he had a lot of “repair work” to do. I had a severe case but he followed through from the surgery to my stay in the hospital to my trip home and after. He is very caring and extremely through in every step he takes.
in Carlisle, PA |
We feel he is focused on his profession and gives the best outcome possible. His opinion after the surgery meant so much to our family. After the removal of the tumor. Dr Dominique went out on a limb for us an said he did not think the tumor was cancer. And as soon as pathology report confirmed this he called us to let us know. With all my wife's past health issues with cancer. This was something we needed to hear. Dr Dominique gave us hope and my wife is now on her way to a full recovery.
in Mechanicsburg, PA |
After successful surgery on my lower back, Dr. Dominique and I talked about my frustration with my primary care physician. He recommended a PCP in my area who has worked out very well. My symptoms prior to surgery have been resolved. My wife and I are impressed that the doctor always takes the time to answer any questions and gives us his expert advice.
in Doylestown, PA |
My father had been debilitated with back pain. I took him to a local neurosurgeon in Philadelphia, and he advised me that my 86 year old father needed an extensive spinal fusion in order to alleviate his pain. I worked with Dr. Dominique years ago and knew he was a great surgeon and conservative in his approach. We traveled 100 miles to see Dr. Dominique who performed a minimally invasive procedure to alleviate the pressure on my dad's nerve. It is three years later and my dad is doing great.
in Duncannon, PA |
I have a much better quality of life since obtaining Dr Dominique's services. For years I suffered with pain. I had seen several doctors and had numerous tests run. Dr Dominique diagnosed my issue and replaced discs in my neck. He took the time to explain the procedure and what to expect during recovery. He answered all of my questions. I am grateful that I no longer have to rely on pain medication to get through the day. The office staff is very professional and kind.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Dominique put a shunt in my husband's head when he was here in Philadelphia,Pa. He was at Temple University Hospital at the time. When my husband needed more surgery (a shunt in head) Dr. Dominique was no longer there. I found him on line,called,set up an appointment(traveling to Harrisburg) He did the surgery at Holy Spirit Hospital. My husband is on the mend. Thanks to Dr. Dominique. May I add he's a caring, compassionate and gentle and so is his staff especially his nurse Lynn.
in MCCONNELLSBURG |
This so called doctor can talk a good game to making a patient believe he help them, when in reality does more harm. He is rude, condescending, and extremely arrogant! I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy!!! He recently performed surgery on my father and did more harm than good. My father is now facing another surgery, by another surgeon and possibly a month in a rehab facility as a result of this man's lack of concern for a patient. He should NOT be practicing medicine.
Have you seen Dr. Devanand Dominique, MD?
Are you Dr. Dominique?

Visit Dr. Dominique

Dr. Dominique accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Capital Blue Cross
    Capital Blue Cross PPO
  • CoreSource
  • Geisinger Health Plan
    Northeastern, Central, and South Central Pennsylvania Areas HMO-Standard
  • HealthAmerica Pennsylvania, Inc.
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield