Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 57

Dr. Erdmann

Duke Aesthetic Center

3475 Erwin Rd Durham, NC 27705

Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Durham, NC and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Technical University of Munich medical school in 1990. He is affiliated with Duke University Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Erdmann to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Erdmann is affiliated with Duke University Hospital Durham, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital

• Gynecomastia
  • Gynecomastia Repair
  • Hidradenitis
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Oral and-or Facial Cleft
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Spider Veins
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Erdmann accepts

Dr. Erdmann accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Erdmann's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Erdmann

3.508771929824561%

Dr. Erdmann?
  • Staff friendliness (51)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (49)
  • Explained conditions well (49)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
I had an amazing skin removal surgery with Dr.Erdmann at Duke Health's Wound clinic. I lost 146 pounds and he reconstructed my breast an stomach. I have achieved better range of motion and a significant improvement in my overall quality of life. He was attentive to details, very professional and provided me with outstanding results. The quality of the repair was absolutely flabbergasting!! His staff were attentive and helpful every visit to the office. All my concerns were addressed, they eased the uncertainty and fear of going through this major surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Detlev Erdmann and his staff
Lutarsh Cozart – May 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Doctor Erdmann saved my life in 2016 after many Hernia surgerys that were not helpful from other providers. He has repaired my Botched procedures from the past. I no longer have to look at myself like I did after he repaired my abdominal region. He is an expert in wounds and plastic surgery. He also has done a breast lift on me which has made me feel like a new woman. I have my self esteem back. I will also be using his services in the future for other Plastic Surgery that I will choose him to perform. He is very excellent at his profession and I highly recommend him !
Tammy Johnson – Apr 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
On Feb 23t h & March 23th Dr. Erdmann performed a Skin graft procedure on my forehead to close an open wound that I had for almost 2 months, since my first visit he took good care, offering straight forward solution to my problem. He is very detail oriented & what blow me away was the fact he personally called me 2 days after the procedure to make sure everything was ok. He also personally let me know that if needed something I don't hesitate to contact him. Me and my family are super grateful for everything he have done. In my opinion he is the best, I fully recommend him.
Pedro Monroig – Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
My son recently had a surgical procedure performed by Dr. Erdmann. This was a corrective procedure as a result of a prior surgery not performed by Dr. Erdmann. He gladly took over the case and we are very pleased with the results. I was very impressed with Dr. Erdmann and his team. The surgery was very successful and the follow-up care was excellent as well. Post care instructions were clear and concise. He took the time to explain the procedure and my son felt very comfortable with him. He and his team went the extra mile to schedule an additional appointment with the Aesthetic center that my son needs to resolve any further issues. In addition, another family member was treated by Dr. Erdmann a few years ago for a persistent issue with a wound as a result of a fall. She too received excellent care and had a positive outcome. We have every confidence in him and would gladly refer him to friends and family. He and his team exceed our expectations.
Feb 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann performed an extensive abdominal rebuild and his work is outstanding. I highly recommend his services. His staff is professional and timely as well.
Feb 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr Erdmann removed facial lesions for me. He is very thorough and polite. I have had great results
Meghan T – Dec 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Excellent surgeon, highly recommended!! Very satisfied with results
Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann and the Duke care team was excellent. Excellent communication skills, cleanliness, integrity, and professionalism. He spent TIME actively listening to my concerns. Kayley Shields was my first contact (often first contact can set a huge impression on the outlook of the facility) she was more than helpful, compassionate and was expeditious in her efforts to coordinate my care. Pre-anesthesia call was very convenient and easy, provider was attentive to detail and kind. From start to finish check -in, to pre-op, the anesthesia team, I had 3 nurses I can not recall their names but they were AMAZING (professional, respectful and informative). Dr. Erdmann's attention to specific detail and explanation of my care plan, absolute professionalism and upheld high standards of integrity, built trust, and made sure I was comfortable with the care plan and understood the process from start to finish. It is not often you find care such as this anymore. I give the highest recommendation!
Allison Buck – Nov 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
I was extremely impressed with Dr. Erdmann's candor and the way in which he made me feel very comfortable discussing my issue during my initial visit with him. He followed up with pertinent information that was very informative and crucial in assisting me in deciding to go forth the the procedure. He returned my email informing me further of his expertise and left me not unsure of false expectations.
Rev. Dr. William D. Spearman Sr. – Aug 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Excellent surgeon. From the initial consultation to the final post surgery appointment, Dr. Erdmann was a caring, compassionate surgeon. He answered all of my questions, made sure I understood the process and followed up with phone calls when I was recovering at home. I am very pleased with the results of my breast reduction. I highly recommend Dr. Erdmann.
KS – Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
A wonderful provider and very professional. I had a very big ganglion cyst on my wrist next to my radial nerve and he was able to remove it with amazing Percision. Surgery went very well and I’m very please with how aesthetically it looks. Recommend 10/10
Kaley – Jul 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann was very friendly. He addressed all my concerns and questions. I look forward to having him do my surgery. Would not hesitate to refer him to family and friends.
Mike Millard – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann is a wonderful physician with an amazing staff that takes care of their patients like they were family. I had the best experience, minimal pain, excellent care, was able to reach out for help whenever needed, and on top of that, a beautiful result that I couldn’t be happier with.
Tanya – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann is an excellent surgeon. He cares about your outcome and satisfaction with results. He has very supportive team members.
May 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann is a very meticulous and through dr with great bedside manner. Although I was nervous about having a breast reduction and bone tumor removed from my head, I went into surgery knowing I was being operated on by the an extremely competent surgeon. I had read many horror stories of complications after a breast reduction and I am having a very easy recovery. I also read that surgeons have overly reduced the size of breasts so it’s not in proportion to the body. Dr. Erdmann reduced them perfectly and they are even better than what the were prior to expanding from a 36C to a 36DDD. If you want a reduction done right, an awesome staff attending and minimal pain and recovery, Dr. Erdmann is the surgeon you want.
Debbie Travis – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann is skilled, kind, and an artist. I have used him for two significant surgeries with great results. I travelled from Charlotte to Durham to access his services. I have recommended him to others, and will continue to do so. I am very thankful to have found him.
Charlotte , NC – Oct 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
As a 77 year old in good health, having lost 130 pounds with diet and exercise, I needed remaining fat deposits and excess skin removed. Dr Erdmann's removal of this fat and skin was very professional and I am extremely pleased with the result. His follow-up post surgery was excellent, and he always answered all my questions. He is indeed a World-Class surgeon and I would highly recommend him to my family and friends. Dewey E, Thompson.......Chattanooga, TN
DEWEY THOMPSON – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann took the time to listen to me and was very knowledgeable about my problem. He explained what needed to be done to remove ruptured implants. I felt he cared about my situation. I highly recommend Dr. Erdmann to anyone!
Sue S – Sep 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Meeting with Dr. Erdmann was a welcome relief. I appreciated his intelligence, expertise & openness regarding my issue. I would recommend Dr. Erdmann without hesitation.
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Erdmann! He dealt with the plastics end of a craniotomy/skull reconstruction surgery I had. He installed a large titanium plate and I have had no complications at all since surgery four years ago. My hair has grown back fully and there are no visible signs of the scars. Dr. Erdmann showcased his expertise, knowledge and talent. I am grateful to him and amazed by him. He is a compassionate doctor who absolutely has his patient’s best interest in mind.
E. Harris in Chapin, SC – Jan 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Erdmann?

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

2000
University of Heidelberg
1998
University of Heidelberg
1992
University of Frankfurt A.M.
1990