Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Erdmann

Duke Aesthetic Center

3475 Erwin Rd Durham, NC 27705

Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Durham, NC and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from University Of Munich in 1990 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

Dr. Erdmann's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Erdmann

88.37209302325581%

Dr. Erdmann?
Dr. Erdmann's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD
Dr. Erdmann is skilled, kind, and an artist. I have used him for two significant surgeries with great results. I travelled from Charlotte to Durham to access his services. I have recommended him to others, and will continue to do so. I am very thankful to have found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
As a 77 year old in good health, having lost 130 pounds with diet and exercise, I needed remaining fat deposits and excess skin removed. Dr Erdmann's removal of this fat and skin was very professional and I am extremely pleased with the result. His follow-up post surgery was excellent, and he always answered all my questions. He is indeed a World-Class surgeon and I would highly recommend him to my family and friends. Dewey E, Thompson.......Chattanooga, TN
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann took the time to listen to me and was very knowledgeable about my problem. He explained what needed to be done to remove ruptured implants. I felt he cared about my situation. I highly recommend Dr. Erdmann to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Meeting with Dr. Erdmann was a welcome relief. I appreciated his intelligence, expertise & openness regarding my issue. I would recommend Dr. Erdmann without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Erdmann! He dealt with the plastics end of a craniotomy/skull reconstruction surgery I had. He installed a large titanium plate and I have had no complications at all since surgery four years ago. My hair has grown back fully and there are no visible signs of the scars. Dr. Erdmann showcased his expertise, knowledge and talent. I am grateful to him and amazed by him. He is a compassionate doctor who absolutely has his patient’s best interest in mind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr.Detlev Erdmann is a Amazing Doctor and Surgeon. I went to visit him with a very complicated infected finger that was severely injured and almost completely severed through to the other side. He did Emergency Surgery on a very complicated injury and went above and beyond to save my finger. He is the most knowledgable Surgeon I know and would recommend him to Friends and Family and anyone looking for a Outstanding Doctor. I am so pleased with my results of the Surgery and continued Care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann is an outstanding doctor. He knows his profession very well and is knowledgeable. He takes his time to explain every thing to you and will answer any question that you have. I will recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann showed both empathy and diagnostic expertise as he assessed the situation and presented us with options. The experience was professional, warm and executed according to plan. Dr. Erdmann was a terrific communicator in that he to the point, articulated the items that needed to be considered for each decision, answered all of our questions was easily accessible via personal cell phone/text. He was also a strong patient advocate. He came to the hospital in his off hours to check on us
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
Dr. Erdmann has performed two cosmetic surgeries for me. A lip cyst had been bothering me forever, but I was worried about a scar. I consulted with Dr. Erdmann, felt comfortable with his plan, and am so happy with the result. It is almost imperceptible. Having had such a great experience, I asked Dr. Erdmann to do an arm lift for me, after losing nearly 100 pounds. He discussed the procedure in detail and was great throughout, answering questions patiently. Now, I look great - even sleeveless!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?
If I could I would give Dr. Erdmann ten stars. After losing over a hundred pounds he performed a brachioplasty in 2016 with amazing results. Perfect scar placement and barely noticeable. Last week he did my abdominoplasty at the Duke clinic with the same results. This is a very busy clinic and everyone was kind, supportive, and reassuring. It doesn't get better than this. Thank you Dr. Erdmann and the staff at Duke. I will be forever grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Detlev Erdmann, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Erdmann?

I am a Professor of Plastic Surgery at Duke University and a Professor of Plastic Surgery at the University of Heidelberg Germany. I have a PhD degree and a Master of Health Sciences (MHSc) degree. I have a part time affiliation with the Durham VA Me...

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

1998
1990

• German

Dr. Erdmann accepts

Dr. Erdmann accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

• Hidradenitis
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Lymphangioma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Skin Excision for Hidradenitis
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Repair

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Erdmann treats patients.

82% Patient experience rating, 13% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)