Dr. Desirae McKee, MD

Dr. Desirae McKee, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Desirae McKee, MD is a hand and upper extremity surgery specialist in Lubbock, TX and has been practicing for 12 years. She graduated from Univ Of Sd Sch Of Med in 2001 and specializes in hand and upper extremity surgery, orthopedic hand surgery, and more.Read her story

808 Joliet Ave Unit 210

Lubbock, TX 79415

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. McKee

See how frequently Dr. McKee performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Neuroplasty
Carpal Tunnel Release

Dr. McKee's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. McKee's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McKee "I am a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and I adhere to the Ethical guidelines published by the American Medical Society. I care deeply for my patients and their families and I will make your satisfaction my #1 priority. I have been part of the Lubbock Community for the past 8 years with Texas Tech University Department of Orthopedics. I perform my operations at University Medical Center. I became a doctor to save lives. I developed an interest in hand and arm surgery while training to be a surgeon in Phoenix. I spent 5 years becoming a general surgeon and an additional year training just in hands and arms in Charlottesville Virginia. I spent two years in private practice before joining the Texas Tech Family. I have spent the last 10 years specializing in hand and arm surgery. I am a firm believer that practice makes perfect and I make a point to learn something new everyday in an effort to provide stellar care for my patients. I take care of newborns to children, to adults, to geriatric patients. I have been recognized by UMC with the "All Star" award twice and with the "Safe Surgeon" award once. I have been recognized by Texas Tech Department of Orthopedics as an "Unsung Hero" for my contributions to my patients and the orthopedic department I am very active in my specialty society and I go to yearly meetings to make sure that I am giving my patients the best care possible. I am a consultant reviewer for the Journal of Hand Surgery and review articles on a routine basis. I teach medical students and Doctors in training on a daily basis to help guide the careers and talents of the future surgeons of America. I am proud to help take care of injured children and I have taken care of more than one child featured by the UMC Childrens Miracle Network. I live and work in Lubbock and my 3 children are part of the Lubbock Community as well."

This content was provided by Dr. McKee "The best compliment that I can receive is the referral of your friend and family!

I strive to give excellent care at all times.  My team and I specialize in treating hand and arm disorders.  Our goal is to treat your problem with care and compassion and provide up to date surgical options and recommendations.

My job is to listen to you, diagnose your problem, and then fix that problem to the best of my ability.  Not all patients need surgery but all patients NEED a knowledgeable and experienced hand specialist to help them get better whether it is with therapy, injections, splints, or surgery."

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery

• Maricopa Co Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Maricopa Co Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • University of Virginia Department of Orthopedics and Plastic Surgery Fellowship in Hand and Microvascular Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. McKee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McKee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McKee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McKee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McKee to family and friends

Dr. McKee's Performance

Dr. McKee Says:
"

I welcome your reviews!  Please rate me and write a comment to help other patients know about your care experience with me.

I strive to get 5/5 stars.  If you don't give me 5 stars please let me or my staff know how we can make your experience a better one.

Please be patient if we are running behind.  As a specialist there are only a limited number of Surgeons in this town who can take care of some of the

...

Positively the best. I doctor shopped her and everyone I spoke with offered her praise. I see why. Was previously advised the ONLY possibility to help my wrist from a 50 year old injury was total fusion. Before she did the surgery, she told me it was possible I needed PARTIAL fusion. I told...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I found Dr McKee to be the right Dr for me. When I was referred to her my hand was in shambles due to poor after care from my local physician surgery. She immediately got me going in the right direction with her care and mgt and within a few short months my hand was in great shape thank's to her...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. McKee is an excellent surgeon and is an all around amazing practitioner!!! I highly recommend Dr. McKee.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. McKee is one of the best physicians I have come across. She explains everything so that you can understand the problem and the treatment.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. McKee is awesome and hands down the best hand specialist in the region! She is always professional and courteous with a great bedside manner. She takes the time to explain everything very thoroughly and in terms you can understand. The results of her care are exemplary. I have and will...more
Are you Dr. McKee?