Dr. Derrick Fluhme, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3.5 after 59 reviews.
Author:
I give a big thumbs up to Dr. Fluhme! He’s a great surgeon and has great bedside manner (that’s important to me)!
Author:
Dr. Fluhme did my TKR in March and this was the best thing I’ve ever done. He’s a brilliant surgeon who took great care of me. I knew going in what to expect as he is very honest. I’d recommend him to anyone experiencing knee pain.
Author:
Not good he said I was a good candidate for stem cells and it did not work I was told if you have bone on bone and it's not gonna work but he suggested that it would.
Author:
Loved Dr Fluhme. He did my torn meniscus surgery and I am almost back to 100% at 6 months post surgery. His positive and friendly attitude was so refreshing. I would recommend him to anyone.
Author:
Please, if you are considering having this doctor do your surgery, get a second opinion. When I finally did get other opinions, I found that my surgery was unnecessary. My knee is in worse shape than before I had the surgery. I wanted to talk about alternatives to surgery, but he only wanted to operate. Please, do yourself a favor and get a second opinion. I wish I had.
Author:
Horrible bedside manner. Never reviewed x rays with me or told me what is causing my knee pain. Received cortisone injection in knee which relieved pain for less than a week. No followup from his office. Avoid this Dr as he seems more concerned with everything else except the patient.
Author:
Never bothered to review my MRI with me or discuss the procedure. Just told it was a matter of cleaning things out and I would have much needed pain relief
Author:
Dr. Fluhme seems like he is mostly interested in doing his cookie cutter surgery and not dealing with the whole person! If you have any issues outside the ordinary he doesn't have any interest in helping seek out answers and/or supporting to get issues resolved saying he's done "his job" and send you on your way!
Author:
Dr. Flume is an outstanding, dynamic, personable, caring physician. I cannot speak highly enough for him. You should schedule early as Dr. Flume has many patients and is extremely good at his profession. His nurse and operators are a bit rude and speak quickly to the point of misunderstanding. But, Dr. Flime makes up for their (nurse and one operator) poor social interaction skills. ???????? For Dr. Flume.
Author:
Dr Fluhme did my acl surgery. The same day I went home and immediately noticed an issue with my penis. It had such a weird feeling, and the shape was different. I was so loaded up with pain killers that day, that I just thought it was just due to medication. In the months following, the situation with my penis never changed. It was still very irritated all day, and again, the size was half of its original. 13 months and two different urologist later, there seems to be a mystery...............
Author:
Dr. Fluhme, you are a wizard in diagnosis and remedies. 81 year old - Andy Marcinko This past Tuesday AM I played tennis despite my chronic legs soreness limiting my agility on the court. Then that PM I visited with you and your remedy was cortisone shots. The next AM I felt virtually no pain in my legs. Today, Thursday, I played one of my best games with full mobility and no chronic achiness. Thus, a healing effect in much less time than is expected.
Author:
Terrible experience! Dr. fluhme failed to find out why I had extreme pain for 3 years after knee replacement. He never ordered more testing. I got a second opinion and needed another surgery to correct a botched knee replacement.
Author:
I was very impressed with him at first. After 8+ months of dealing with hip pain from hip replacement surgery, he seemed to listen to my concerns but ignored them. Did find out that there is an issue with the replacement but he doesn't want to do anything about it. I would not recommend him to anyone.
Author:
Great at explaining all options and making you feel comfortable. Highly recommended
Author:
I spent $4000 out of pocket as Dr Fluhme told me I was perfect candidate for STEM CELL THERAPY in place of knee replacement,. After 4 months of continuing pain after the shot he couldn't figure out why it didn't work. He was using a 9 month old x-ray to make that determination. Turns out after seeking 2nd opinion and a recent x-ray, I had bone on bone in my left knee and severe arthritis and knee replacement would be only option. Too bad he didn't do a new x-ray before I spent $4000!
Author:
Dr Fluhme is extremely accessable. He explains options, risks, optimum preparation and follows up well, all the while exuding confidence without cockiness