Dr. Derrick Cho, MD

Dr. Derrick Cho, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Spine & Neuro 201 Governors Dr SW Huntsville, AL 35801 Get Directions

Dr. Derrick Cho, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Huntsville, AL. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Cho is affiliated with Huntsville Hospital.

Dr. Cho's Experience

See how Dr. Cho's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cho

Dr. Cho accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cho has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cho's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cho to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Cho's Performance
in Madison, AL |
I had herniated desk and was getting lumbar epidural steroid injection's but they stopped working, so my doctor suggested that I see surgeon Dr. Derrick Cho, my surgery was done on May 8, 2017, Dr. Cho, his staff & the nurses station on my floor were wonderful to me, the surgery was a success, I'm no longer in pain. The only thing I'm suffering now is stiffness & soreness from the surgery & I am in physical therapy now for that. If I could give Dr. Cho 10 stars I would.I I got my life back.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Cho took time to listen to my explanation of a 3-month old back injury and resulting pain, and to review my medical history related to previous back issues. After reviewing both X-ray and MRI results, he said I was a good candidate for a kyphoplasty procedure on 3 fractured vertebrae in my lower back that would greatly reduce the pain. I opted for the procedure and absolutely do not regret it! The constant, grinding pain in my back was gone immediately! Due to him, I feel like a new person!!
in Madison, AL |
By the time I got referred to Dr. Cho I had limited strength and use of my right arm. Constant pain in my neck and shoulder and numbness and tingling. He reviewed my MRI from my family doctor and ordered a CAT scan for closer look. He thoroughly explained my options and I knew surgery was my best option. I was scheduled within 2 weeks. Dr. Cho and his nurse and staff treated me with respect and kindness. My relief after surgery was immediate still good 2 and half months later.
in Huntsville, AL |
I thought I was 16 rather than 66 and attempted to lift a very heavy object causing injury to my back. I experienced intense pain down my leg for over two months trying every thing I could locate and buy over the internet until after over six weeks with less than an hour a sleep per night I wound up in the ER. I was scheduled to see Dr Cho two weeks away, I called and got the time reduced to 3 days. Within a week I was in surgery and after a couple hours walked the hall pain free. Love DR Cho
in Florence, AL |
First he was 4 hours late, said he had an emergency. That would be okay if he didn't seem rushed to get through my visit. I have several problems in my neck according to the MRI. He addressed none of them. He jumped straight to treatment options.1) therapy, which I had had enough of and he insinuated would only be temporary. 2) surgery I told him I didn't want fusion. His reply was it was the gold standard without discussing why or why not artificial disks would work orother issues.Stay Away!
in Albertville, AL |
I had dealt with major right hip , leg,and foot pain for ever . Dr Cho is so very calm and puts you at ease i put my trust in him to fix my problem and he did with all the confidence and decorum That was above all my expectations. I would recomend him to anyone who needs there back problems cared for
in Huntsville, AL |
Correct Diagnosis, incompetent when it comes to treating conditions. He's only interested in keeping you as a long term drugged up patient, not in a solution that will get you back to work. After my experience and talking with other patients here its a practice policy it seems. So sad its all about the money these days.
Have you seen Dr. Derrick Cho, MD?
Are you Dr. Cho?

Compare Dr. Cho

Dr. Cho's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Cho has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cho's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

University of Alabama At Birmingham

Completed in 2009

Emory University

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Cho does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cho and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty