Dr. Derek D. Muse, MD

Dr. Derek D. Muse, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 60 years old

82 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

Being a family doctor is more enjoyable every year that I am in practice, and that is primarily because of the wonderful patients that I rub shoulders with in my practice. I enjoy hearing about my patient's successes in their personal lives and I grieve with them for their losses. I take seriously my role as an adviser to my patients as they decide what is best for their health care. I study long hours to stay up to date on the latest treatments and guidelines, so that I can teach my patients about their diseases and the options that they have to chose from in treating their diseases. I listen carefully to my patients.Read more

Personal Bio

I became a doctor because I love people and I love the fascinating science of the human body. Read more

Dr. Muse's Experience

See how Dr. Muse's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Muse

Dr. Muse accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Muse has admitting privileges.

Dr. Muse's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Muse to family and friends
4.5
Experience with Dr. Muse
Dr. Muse's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (76)
in Sandy, UT |
Dr. Muse has been our family physician for nearly 30 years. He is a man with the highest degree of professionalism, integrity and understanding. It has never been a time for me to seek a second opinion based on his diagnosis and/or treatment, that is how much I trust him and value his judgment and the reason why I strongly recommend him to you.
Sandy, Utah |
I have been seeing Dr. Muse for over 20 years, I was empressed with him the very first time I saw him and even now I can't say enough about what a caring, knowledgeable, Sincerely kind person he is. I never have felt like he was rushing to get to his next patient, as a matter of fact he will always come in and apologize for my wait, even if I haven't been waiting. He explains things so well and is up on all new things going on in the medical field. You couldn't ask for a better Dr.
in West Jordan, UT |
100% I have sent many friends and family to his practice.
in Layton, UT |
Dr muse and other doctors at highland family practice make you feel like family, they really care about your well being. I live in layton now but i make the drive to highland family practice because I know how ill be treated there and thats worth it to me.
in Sandy, UT |
My mom first took me to Dr. Muse as a child, because she though he looked like Michael J. Fox. He has been my primary care physician for 35 years. Excellent physician; extremely knowledgable.
in West Jordan, UT |
I have had numerous doctors in my 42 years and Dr. Muse is by far my favorite. He is a very personable doctor and makes you feel very comfortable.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I already have referred several friends and family to Dr. Muse and they have all been as happy as I. I've been going to him for most of my adult life (over 15 years) and he is ALWAYS a professional, caring, knowledgeable resource for my health care needs. When I was a newlywed and did not have insurance, he personally did everything he could to lower my costs and even gave me samples instead of making me fill a prescription. He is a great doctor!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have been a patient of Dr. Muse for over 20 years. I have appreciated his care and willingness to answer any questions I have. I would recommend him to all friends and family who are looking for a new doctor.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Muse has been mine & my wife's Dr since the 80's. He has been & continues to provide us with outstanding care. We trust his skills to take care of all our medical needs. When a specialist is needed he refers us to very skilled professionals. We recommend him without reservation.. clark & carolyn oborn
in salt lake city, ut |
Dr. Muse has been our family doctor for many years. He has given our family GREAT service over the years, and we highly recommend him. He is a GREAT Family Doctor.
in Cottonwood Heights, UT |
I have found Dr Muse to be very caring and attentive to my concerns. I have never had a slam-bam visit with him. He makes notes in his computer so that he has continuity from one visit to another. I would strongly recommend Dr. Muse to a friend or family member.
in Cottonwood Hts Ut 84093 |
This doctor takes the time to listsen to you and explanes to you all the pluses and neg. Heis a good doctor and I have used him for many years and will continue.
in Sandy, UT |
Dr. Muse has been my PCP for many years now. He is very caring and extremely thorough. I have always had a very professional experience with Dr. Muse and is staff and would highly recommend him to my family and friends.
in Saratoga springs, UT |
I have been seeing Dr. Muse for over 20 years, hope he never retires. My first visit he spent over an hour with me because I had several things going on. Only a standard office visit charge too. He really cares, He will make sure that you understand what is going on and he will listen to you to make sure you got it. We have just moved over 35 miles away and will make the drive to see him. Because he sees all of my family that lives in Utah he knows our genetics and tailors his exams to meet our
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have gone to Dr. Muse for many years. I have an annual every year. I love that he spends so much time going over everything with me and explains things I have questions about. Other visits are as equally satisfactory. He is very thorough and addresses every problem. Once in a while I have to wait to get into him, but recently I have noticed that he is trying to keep a good schedule. His medical assistants and staff are very friendly and helpful. He is a great doctor!!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have been seeing Dr Muse for over 5 years now. He always takes time with me to answer my questions and his staff is fast and proficient and friendly. Dr. Muse is someone that I trust.
in Salt Lake City, UT. |
Dr. Muse is generally concerned about his patients. My experience with him over several years has been pleasurable and informative. I would highly recommend him but knowing how busy he gets, I would like to see the practice scaled back only to have shorter scheduling for urgent care. He is by far a very good care provider and listener.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Great doctor - he has seen so many members of my family, and taken good care of all of them, and is HIPPA compliant.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have been seeing Dr. Muse for over 20 years. I just love him. He is always very helpful and understanding. He always takes the time to answer any question or concerns that I have and is never off-putting. Never condescending and treats me with great respect. He knows me and my health issues and I thank him for all that he does for me. I will and do recommend him to all. Thank you Dr. Muse for all the years of great doctoring.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
he is very friendly and super nice everytime i see him
in Salt Lake City, Utah |
Dr Muse has been my doctor for over 10 years and always do more than any Doctor I have seem during this 10 years. If for some reason I have to see a different doctor I make sure he knows what's going on as well. I highly recommend doctor Muse to all my friends and family with no doubt they will have the best doctor ever. Thank you doctor Muse for all you do.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Muse is by far the most caring and compassionate doctor, I have ever had! He takes the time to hear his patience and even if that means waiting a few extra minutes to be seen, I know I am going to get the same attentiveness and care as the patient before me! I highly recommend Dr Muse! And his staff is amazing as well!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Very knowledgeable and professional.
in west Jordan, UT |
I came to Dr. Muse due to another doctor's temp absence at Highland. As a result of insurance change and 1000% increased medication cost, Dr. Muse and I set up a preferable,lower cost option for chronic pain . At NO TIME did he make me feel immoral,unethical or like a criminal (so common in the pain treatment world). He is accessible, patient, effective, caring, has no inflated ego and has a GREAT support staff that reflects his own superb approach. Best in class! I recommend Dr. Muse highly.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Muse has provided exceptional specialty care and his practice is comforting and knowledgeable.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
He has been the best doctor I have ever had very respectful always makes time for his patients even one like me scheduling last minute and he still gets me in cuz he truly cares
in Sandy, UT |
he is very caring and listens to your pains ...he tries to find out what is the cause. Dr. Muse reads about the new and up to date information that is out there.
in Highland, UT |
Dr. muse is an amazing doctor, he gets busy sometimes but he is worth waiting every minute to see him. So nice and understanding.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
My experience is that he cares. He actually cares for his patience and the purpose of his work.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Derek Muse has been our family physician for more than 20 years. He's easy to talk to. He's extremely well read. He's concerned about your long term good health. He has plenty of help in the office so it's easy to get into to see someone even if he's not available. If I were picking someone to help manage the health of my family, Derek Muse would be my very first choice.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Very satisfied and pleased with Dr. Muse. He is the kindest truly sincere doctor I have met. I've been seeing him for 10+ years and have no complaints. He stays current with latest medical research. I highly recommend Dr. Muse for anyone .
in Centerville, utah |
I have been seeing Dr. Muse since 2007. He has helped me with my weight loss. I have lost 40 lbs with his help. He takes time to talk to you and does not make you feel rushed. I'd recommend him to anyone.
in Midvale, UT |
I have been going to Dr. Muse for the last two years for Chronic pain management. It took me six years to find the right doctor and I am so grateful that I finally found Dr. Muse! Dr. Muse put me on a great medication that has changed my life! The staff at the Highland Family Practice is extremely put together and compassionate about quality care for their patients!
in Sandy, Ut |
He is genuine and cares about his patients. He will not get you in and push you out just so he can get a check. he knows me, my family and most importantly remembers my history.HIGHLY RECOMMEND
in Slc utah |
Dr Muse is a very helpful confident doctor who always goes above and beyond to help me and my family.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Derek Muse has been our family doctor for over 30 years. We have always found him to be extremely helpful and professional with our medical needs. We know we can depend on him to give us the care we need.
in South Jordan, UT |
Very knowledgeable, thoughtful, very much cares about you as a person not just a patient, and professional. I worked with Dr. Muse at the hospital and always appreciated his sense of humor, love of practicing medicine, & true caring of his patients. I chose Dr. Muse for my personal PCP physician for all his great qualities as a doctor & human being.
in Salt Lake |
Dr Muse performs my annual physical each year. He is very thorough and gives me the latest research on specific topics he sees as pertinent to my health. His office is very helpful and responsive. I would highly recommend Dr Muse.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have been a patient since the early '90s. I have referred countless people to his practice. I have had to change when he wasn't on my work insurance, but I move back ASAP. I have not found any other doctor who takes the time I need and works with me as a person. The exchange for the time he spends with me, I may have to wait a little longer from time to time, but that just tells me he LISTENS to everyone. He doesn't rush because of the clock. I want that for me, so I need to understand.
in Alpine, UT |
Dr. Muse has both a great bedside manner and he keeps up with the latest medical knowledge. When I have questions about treatment, he is able to answer them to my satisfaction. Dr. Muse treats his patients with respect. He is humble, yet VERY knowledgeable. He is the kind of doctor I look for because he always seems to be up on the latest studies.
Always helped me out
in Draper, UT |
Dr. Muse has been my provider for over 25 years and has treated me for more medical issues than I'd like to count. As just one example, he has correctly caught and diagnosed 3 separate occurrences of skin cancer that I didn't even notice. He is the most intelligent and knowledgeable general practitioner I've ever encountered.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Muse has been my family physician for the past 20 years. He is an outstanding family doctor and has always treated me with respect using a highly professional manner. He is thorough in his examinations and makes sure that he discusses all aspects of the diagnoses so that you leave with a clear understanding of what is needed. For specialty care he recommends only doctors who he knows will meet his high level medical care. Best of all he continuously keeps his medical knowledge current.
in Sandy, UT |
I met Dr. Muse when I moved to Utah 26 years ago and needed to find a family practitioner. He's very professional, yet approachable. He's assisted me through a variety of chronic conditions, always carefully listening to my needs. Dr. Muse has that balance of conservative/progressive. He is very well read, and shares any new research or information relevant to my care since my last visit. Since we are close in age, I dread the day he retires and I have to search for a new family doctor.
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Muse has been a real blessing. He helped me understand my anxiety better and helped me treat it. He is very kind and when I meet with him he always exceeds my expectations.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
In 1996 Dr. Muse became my Primary Care Physician. He has always been thorough, clear in his instructions, always being patient in listening to medical issues. I've never felt his need to rush through a medical visit. His kind and caring disposition has given me confidence in his care to practice what he is trained to do. Janet Todd
in SLC, Utah |
After 7 years of battling chronic pain, mixed with periods of drug abuse, someone recommended I see Dr. Muse. I have been seeing Dr. Muse for 3 years now and I can honestly say it was the best decision I could have made. Dr. Muse was the first physician that I felt saw understood were I was at and how I was struggling. He provided progressive care that resulted in complete management of my pain and my tendencies towards abuse. He is the first physician that I have trusted completely.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Easy to make appointments. Also does weight loss treatments, suboxone treatment (GREAT DOCTOR FOR THIS), ADHD and psychological help, runs high level blood tests, spent extra time with me, has good health advice, etc. I know a lot of people look for doctors to help them on the internet. THIS is THE review you were looking for. GO TO THIS DOCTOR.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Muse is a great doctor. Always takes the time you need to help you out. Knowledgeable. Also works hard to help get at the root of problems to make sure you're healthy. Trust this doctor. He will take good care of you.
Would recommend
Have you seen Dr. Derek D. Muse, MD?
Are you Dr. Muse?

Compare Dr. Muse

Dr. Muse says...

Dr. Muse's Care Philosophy

Dr. Muse says...

In addition to the wide variety of diseases that I treat as a Family Doctor, I specialize in the treatment of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity in adults, teens and children, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and chronic pain.

I am also certified to prescribe Suboxone for drug addiction, to perform aviation physicals as a Senior Aviation Medical Examiner, to perform DOT physicals and to conduct clinical research.

Dr. Muse's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Muse has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Muse's Board Certifications

• Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas

Graduated in 1986

Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center

Completed in 1987

Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center

Completed in 1989

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Muse does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Muse and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obesity Medicine

• Joint Injection
  • Mole Removal
  • Pap Smear
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results