Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Derek Ward, MD
Dr. Derek Ward, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Francisco, CA. He has been practicing for 8 years.

500 PARNASSUS AVE # MU320W

San Francisco, CA 94143

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Ward

Dr. Ward's Experience

Dr. Ward's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Ward does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

• Univ Of Ca
    Medical School | Graduated 2009

Dr. Ward has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ward has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ward does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ward and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ward's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ward to family and friends
Dr. Ward's Performance
San Francisco, CA |
I really enjoyed working with Dr. Ward. I found him focused, accessible, and interested in me as a patient.
San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Ward is a superb, progressive surgeon who communicates extremely well. He is easy to talk to, answers all questions, and has a positive and supportive attitude. His team is always prompt and responsive to any and all questions.
in San Francisco |
My surgery under Doctor Ward was hugely successful. He has a terrific team.
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Ward is an exceptionally qualified physician in whom surgical skills are combined with excellent teaching , reassuring manner, and a pleasing personality. All these elements leave one with a confident feeling that he/she is in good hands.
in Mill Valley, CA |
If you need a hip replaced, look no further than Dr. Ward. My surgery by Dr. Ward went extremely well. He is skilled and knowledgeable and Is one of the kindest doctor I have met. He listens to my questions and answers thoughtfully. My care under Dr. Ward and his team at UCSF was exemplary.
in Livingston CA |
DR. Ward is very nice and good
in ANDERSON, CA |
Very concerned about my health and experience going forward. Initial consultation was not candy coated but got to the point with possible outcomes and gave me choices for how to proceed. My first experience with contacting Dr. Ward's office to get an appointment did not go smoothly because I never got anyone directly but rather automatic phone messages. My messages were not acknowledged and I had to ask for help from my referring physician. My experience went much smoother after that.
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Ward and team are pleasant to work with. They continually check in and guide you to make sure you understand your progress and make sure you are comfortable at each stage.
Walnut Creek, CA |
From our first meeting, I knew Dr Ward was the surgeon for me. I am a cancer survivor, also treated at UCSF. Dr Ward knew my history, he had done his research and put me at ease immediately that he would help me. I can't say enough about the gentle yet professional treatment I experienced with everyone associated with my pre op care, my experience during my hospital stay and the post op follow up under Dr Ward's watchful eye. Definitely a 5-star recommendation!
in San Leandro, CA |
Dr Ward performed my hip joint replacement surgery. He did a great job and made the surgery process a smooth and pleasant experience. I am quite satisfied with my new hip joint and I would definitely recommend Dr. Ward to anyone needing joint surgery.
in Vallejo Ca |
I have had many surgeries and have never experienced a more professional and capable surgeon as Dr. Ward. He is an excellent an exceptional surgeon in my view. He also has an A great personality. His team is also very professional and proficient and friendly. I am very happy with Dr. Ward and his entire team.
in San Rafael, CA |
Dr. Ward was great to work with for my new hip. He has a great team and they did a great job. They know what they're doing, Dr. Ward was great at answering all my questions and addressing my concerns. I'd absolutely recommend him for any orthopedic surgery needs.
in San Francisco |
Amazing surgery experience with Dr Ward( my mom is over 80 years old). Incision side had minimal pain. Awesome!
in Berkeley, CA |
I had a total knee replacement performed by Dr. Ward. He did a beautiful job and I always felt like I was in very good hands throughout the process. Follow-up and communication with Dr. Ward's team post surgery has been great; they're responsive and helpful. I will definitely return to Dr. Ward when it's time to have my other knee worked on.
in Daly City, CA |
Dr. Ward and his Team are too notch!!! Loved the accessibility when i had questions or was unsure of instructions received at discharge. Dr. Ward's Team was quick to respond and very helpful.
in San Francisco CA |
Compassionate, knowledgeable, responsive, SKILLED in Hip Replacement using Anterior approach-- Highly recommend.
Have you seen Dr. Derek Ward, MD?
Are you Dr. Ward?