Dr. Derek Richardson, MD

Dr. Derek Richardson, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Derek Richardson, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Tucker, GA. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

200 Crescent Center Pkwy

Tucker, GA 30084

Learn about Dr. Richardson

See how frequently Dr. Richardson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychiatric Diseases
Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Richardson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Richardson "Health care leader whose mission is to keep you healthy. Under-one-roof convenience, 24-hour advice nurse, and online access to manage your health - anytime."

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophrenia
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Emory University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Emory University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Richardson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Richardson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Richardson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Richardson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Richardson to family and friends
1.1
Dr. Richardson's Performance
Atlanta metro area |
Other reviews are accurate.Don't waste your time and any emotional stability seeing the man.He should not being interacting with patients.
My worst medical experience ever. I was there for my son. He made me feel as though I was the worst parent in the world and that I was doing something illegal with my son's medication because I couldn't recall a 2 week trial that we had tried at one point, mind you my child has had to try several different medications. When we left my son was in tears and apologized for getting me in trouble. I reassured him that it was not him and that it was just this dr. Do not expose your children to him.
Decatur, GA |
Stay away from this psychiatrist at all costs. He is rude, insensitive, incompetent and quite frankly completely uneducated with respect to mental disorders.
in Atlanta, GA |
Read other reviews - so true. Every word. "pill robot" was the final verdict. He's rude and so flat in affect that he makes the whole thing worse. Accusatory - also true. Find someone else to help you. Kept giving him chances - wrong choice. It got to the point that it's possibly not even the right medication, because of so little trust. There's a reason why he has appointments available. Zero stars not an option so I had to give one. Why no training in manners? How could this happen?
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Worst experience with a Medical Professional EVER!!! He made me feel embarrassed & ashamed. He was condescending & accusatory. He was so robotic & unsympathetic,even after he could see that he had visibly upset me. I was so upset that I had a panic attack in his office & he was unconcerned. I came out worse than when I went in. I cant imagine how someone in a worse emotional/mental state than I would have dealt with him. It is sad that someone that is supposed to help would treat people this way
in Decatur, GA |
I gave one star but if I could have given no stars I would have. The worst doctor I've been to anywhere. RUN, do not walk away from his man. He has no empathy, disregards any successful treatment or help you got that wasn't from him, doesn't pay attention to what you . say. He locked me in the room when he left for a sec. WHAT THE? I was there because of stress at school & divorce and he LOCKS ME IN A ROOM? I read other online reviews of him since & I urge you to read them and then RUN
in Decatur, GA |
I honestly did not know that someone who was this poor a doctor would be allowed to keep treating patients. How can that be that the medical board is still letting him practice? I will not go back to him. NO WAY. I had an awful experience and am now seeking a doctor who knows what they are doing and who is interested in helping and working with me to regain my health. This doctor doesn't care. It's reflected in how rude he is and how shoddy his work is.
in Decatur, GA |
This doc = scary. I had such a bad experience with him it's frightening me away from going to Kaiser for any health issues. I have depression/ some PTSD due to being a vet. He treated me like a criminal. He was quiet but mean spirited and he almost caused me to have a panic attack when he said all of the other KP docs I saw were wrong (all were really nice and helped me and my situation over the last 2 ys). He wanted me to take HUGE amt of a antidepressant I was having side effects from.
in Decatur, GA |
VERY weird, egotistical doctor. He talked at me, not to me. He was disrespectful and unkind. He didn't listen to my symptoms and didn't care about past treatment or what other doctors recommended. He didn't help me...in fact, he hurt my mental health situation. He basically just said he wouldn't treat me. It was so odd and he was so, I guess strange is the only word I can use. Do not recommend him in any way. If you are in real trouble and need mental health help, please do not go to him.
Have you seen Dr. Derek Richardson, MD?
Are you Dr. Richardson?