Dr. Derek Richardson, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Male • Age 46

Dr. Richardson

Kaiser Permanente Crescent Centre Medical Center

200 Crescent Center Pkwy Tucker, GA 30084

Dr. Derek Richardson, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Tucker, GA and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine in 2001 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Adolescent Psychiatrists & Pediatric Psychiatrists in your area

Dr. Richardson accepts

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Richardson's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Richardson's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Richardson treats Psychiatric Diseases more than 22% of his peers

Dr. Richardson treats this condition more than 22% of his peers

Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Richardson treats Psychosis Due to Mental Illness more than 13% of his peers

Dr. Richardson treats this condition more than 13% of his peers

Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Richardson treats Major Depressive Disorder more than 8% of his peers

Dr. Richardson treats this condition more than 8% of his peers

Dr. Richardson's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

90.47619047619048%

Dr. Richardson?
Dr. Richardson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Derek Richardson, MD
I agree with the other negative reviews for this doctor. I now had two sessions with him and both experiences left me feeling worse than when I arrived for my appointment. He gives off a condescending vibe and gives the impression he’s ready for your time to be up. His phone went off twice while I was with him and he constantly yawned while asking me questions. I did not feel like I could open up to him and regretted when I did due to his judgmental expressions. He disregarded some of what I was feeling and made it seem he knew better than me what I was personally going through. I will not be going to him anymore even if I have to wait months for another doctor to be available.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Derek Richardson, MD?
Dr. Richardson seems unwilling to consider new symptoms or information. Once a diagnosis is in the chart, it sticks. He is condescending and egotistical. My child revealed that she would not be comfortable telling him if she was having a mental health crisis. After 17 months, we are done with him and looking for a new practitioner with an ego that will not interfere with treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Derek Richardson, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Richardson for over a year and he has helped me tremendously. I appreciate his straight forward approach. It makes it easier for me to trust him knowing that he won't just tell me what I want to hear. His approach makes me feel more accountable for my actions. He's also been able to help me think more about identifying my emotions and where they come from.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Derek Richardson, MD?
He is robotic, unkind, inconsiderate, and rude. He neither empathizes nor sympathizes. When I told him that I drank up to two small cups of coffee a day because I had a newborn baby, he looked at me like I had just told him that I snorted an entire eightball of cocaine prior to my appointment. He is patronizing and condescending and treated me like I was seeking drugs. Visiting him was a waste of my time. Would give negative stars if I could.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Derek Richardson, MD?
I was scheduled by my previous doctor with him for a refill on my Rx of 3 years and check-up on a new Rx I was trying for anxiety. He scoffed when I struggled to explain a previous doctor's diagnosis. His decision (according to him) to not refill the old Rx was made after listing each illicit drug, asking if, when , how often, etc., then having me choose which drugs I would prefer over the other. When I asked about new Rx & possible alternatives, I was handed a list of drugs I could google.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Derek Richardson, MD?
Other reviews are accurate.Don't waste your time and any emotional stability seeing the man.He should not being interacting with patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Derek Richardson, MD?
My worst medical experience ever. I was there for my son. He made me feel as though I was the worst parent in the world and that I was doing something illegal with my son's medication because I couldn't recall a 2 week trial that we had tried at one point, mind you my child has had to try several different medications. When we left my son was in tears and apologized for getting me in trouble. I reassured him that it was not him and that it was just this dr. Do not expose your children to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Derek Richardson, MD?
Stay away from this psychiatrist at all costs. He is rude, insensitive, incompetent and quite frankly completely uneducated with respect to mental disorders.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Derek Richardson, MD?
Read other reviews - so true. Every word. "pill robot" was the final verdict. He's rude and so flat in affect that he makes the whole thing worse. Accusatory - also true. Find someone else to help you. Kept giving him chances - wrong choice. It got to the point that it's possibly not even the right medication, because of so little trust. There's a reason why he has appointments available. Zero stars not an option so I had to give one. Why no training in manners? How could this happen?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Derek Richardson, MD?
Worst experience with a Medical Professional EVER!!! He made me feel embarrassed & ashamed. He was condescending & accusatory. He was so robotic & unsympathetic,even after he could see that he had visibly upset me. I was so upset that I had a panic attack in his office & he was unconcerned. I came out worse than when I went in. I cant imagine how someone in a worse emotional/mental state than I would have dealt with him. It is sad that someone that is supposed to help would treat people this way
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Derek Richardson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Richardson?

Health care leader whose mission is to keep you healthy. Under-one-roof convenience, 24-hour advice nurse, and online access to manage your health - anytime.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Emory University
2001
Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine

Kaiser Permanente Crescent Centre Medical Center

Kaiser Permanente Crescent Centre Medical Center200 Crescent Center Pkwy Tucker, GA 30084
    • Sat: closed