Dr. Derek Muse, MD

Practices Family Medicine

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 100 reviews.
Author:
Dr Muse and his staff really care about YOU. They listen to your concerns. Very personable and professional
Author:
I have visited Dr. Derek Muse for over 30 years. My husband and son also are his patients. We cannot say enough good about this excellent Doctor. We depend on him and he always helps us. Things needed are always done in a timely manner. He is very friendly, caring and extremely knowledgeable. He keeps current on medical updates. We have recommended him to friends and family. Two thumbs up and a pat on the back, Dr. Muse!
Author:
I've been seeing Dr. Muse for several years. I have been very happy with my care and plan to continue.
Author:
Our family loves Dr. Muse. My wife and I are 65, and we have six children. We have all been going to Dr. Muse for about the last 25 years. He is by far our favorite family physician. He has often taken care of problems that could have required a specialist. We also trust him to recommend a specialist when needed.
Author:
Been seeing Dr. Muse for years great Dr.
Author:
I have been seeing Dr. Muse for over 25 years. His office is friendly, and clean. He is a Flight Surgeon, and im an air traffic controller who needs to know what medications i can and cannot take. He communicates very well with me on the medications i take. I would highly recommend DR. Muse.
Author:
I have seen Dr. Muse for 20 + years. I have had a positive experience. No problems.
Wonderful doctor
Author:
It was quick & painless getting into the office to see Dr. Muse. Once There, Dr. Muse is a very caring and sympathetic physician that seems to have your best interest at heart. He is very knowledgeable, patient, and genuinely concerned about taking the very best care of you. He doesn't just hurry you through, he takes time to actually hear you & your concerns, ask questions & listens to your concerns, issues & questions. I think he is just fantastic!
Author:
Derek Muse has been my primary care provider for over 20 years. He is a great doctor and does really care about your health. He stays current on the latest trends and studies. The wait times have been okay. His staff is very friendly and helpful. The phone support has been great. They get back with you quickly concerning test results.
Author:
I have been patient of Doctor Muse for about 20 years, and I am extremely pleased with his treatment. He is a great doctor, has a top notch staff and practice, I have total trust in his medical care.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr Muse for over 15 years. I stay with him because he is very caring, very thorough, and clearly spends much of his time keeping up on the latest studies. I have on occasion waited a little longer, but I know that this is because I am not the only one with this opinion. Great physician, knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommend Dr. Muse.
Author:
I've been a patient of Dr. Muse for over 20 years. Dr. Muse is truly dedicated to the care of his patients. He is thorough and takes the time to discuss and explain any medical concerns. I have complete faith in him as a doctor and respect for him as a caring, honest person. Dr. Muse and his staff are always cheerful and are willing to do anything they can to assist with their patients' medical needs.
Author:
I have been going to Dr. Muse for over 10 years now. He is extremely knowledgeable. I was having a few problems that were hard to explain but caused me to be in great pain and was debilitating. He immediately ordered blood work and had my diagnosis very quickly. He was then able to refer me to a very good Rheumatologist that has helped me greatly. He is always up to date with the latest information. He is amazing.
Dr. Muse has been my Family Doctor for over 15 years. He is a great Doctor
Author:
Dr. Muse has been our family physician for nearly 30 years. He is a man with the highest degree of professionalism, integrity and understanding. It has never been a time for me to seek a second opinion based on his diagnosis and/or treatment, that is how much I trust him and value his judgment and the reason why I strongly recommend him to you.
Author:
Very likely he is very concerned about your issues and wants to make it as easy as possible for you
Author:
I have been seeing Dr. Muse for over 20 years, I was empressed with him the very first time I saw him and even now I can't say enough about what a caring, knowledgeable, Sincerely kind person he is. I never have felt like he was rushing to get to his next patient, as a matter of fact he will always come in and apologize for my wait, even if I haven't been waiting. He explains things so well and is up on all new things going on in the medical field. You couldn't ask for a better Dr.
Author:
100% I have sent many friends and family to his practice.
Author:
Dr muse and other doctors at highland family practice make you feel like family, they really care about your well being. I live in layton now but i make the drive to highland family practice because I know how ill be treated there and thats worth it to me.
Author:
My mom first took me to Dr. Muse as a child, because she though he looked like Michael J. Fox. He has been my primary care physician for 35 years. Excellent physician; extremely knowledgable.
Author:
I have had numerous doctors in my 42 years and Dr. Muse is by far my favorite. He is a very personable doctor and makes you feel very comfortable.
Author:
I already have referred several friends and family to Dr. Muse and they have all been as happy as I. I've been going to him for most of my adult life (over 15 years) and he is ALWAYS a professional, caring, knowledgeable resource for my health care needs. When I was a newlywed and did not have insurance, he personally did everything he could to lower my costs and even gave me samples instead of making me fill a prescription. He is a great doctor!
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Muse for over 20 years. I have appreciated his care and willingness to answer any questions I have. I would recommend him to all friends and family who are looking for a new doctor.
Author:
Dr Muse has been mine & my wife's Dr since the 80's. He has been & continues to provide us with outstanding care. We trust his skills to take care of all our medical needs. When a specialist is needed he refers us to very skilled professionals. We recommend him without reservation.. clark & carolyn oborn
Author:
Dr. Muse has been our family doctor for many years. He has given our family GREAT service over the years, and we highly recommend him. He is a GREAT Family Doctor.
Author:
I have found Dr Muse to be very caring and attentive to my concerns. I have never had a slam-bam visit with him. He makes notes in his computer so that he has continuity from one visit to another. I would strongly recommend Dr. Muse to a friend or family member.
Author:
This doctor takes the time to listsen to you and explanes to you all the pluses and neg. Heis a good doctor and I have used him for many years and will continue.
Author:
Dr. Muse has been my PCP for many years now. He is very caring and extremely thorough. I have always had a very professional experience with Dr. Muse and is staff and would highly recommend him to my family and friends.
Author:
I have been seeing Dr. Muse for over 20 years, hope he never retires. My first visit he spent over an hour with me because I had several things going on. Only a standard office visit charge too. He really cares, He will make sure that you understand what is going on and he will listen to you to make sure you got it. We have just moved over 35 miles away and will make the drive to see him. Because he sees all of my family that lives in Utah he knows our genetics and tailors his exams to meet our
Author:
I have gone to Dr. Muse for many years. I have an annual every year. I love that he spends so much time going over everything with me and explains things I have questions about. Other visits are as equally satisfactory. He is very thorough and addresses every problem. Once in a while I have to wait to get into him, but recently I have noticed that he is trying to keep a good schedule. His medical assistants and staff are very friendly and helpful. He is a great doctor!!
Author:
I have been seeing Dr Muse for over 5 years now. He always takes time with me to answer my questions and his staff is fast and proficient and friendly. Dr. Muse is someone that I trust.
Author:
Dr. Muse is generally concerned about his patients. My experience with him over several years has been pleasurable and informative. I would highly recommend him but knowing how busy he gets, I would like to see the practice scaled back only to have shorter scheduling for urgent care. He is by far a very good care provider and listener.
Author:
Great doctor - he has seen so many members of my family, and taken good care of all of them, and is HIPPA compliant.
Author:
I have been seeing Dr. Muse for over 20 years. I just love him. He is always very helpful and understanding. He always takes the time to answer any question or concerns that I have and is never off-putting. Never condescending and treats me with great respect. He knows me and my health issues and I thank him for all that he does for me. I will and do recommend him to all. Thank you Dr. Muse for all the years of great doctoring.
Author:
he is very friendly and super nice everytime i see him
Author:
Dr Muse has been my doctor for over 10 years and always do more than any Doctor I have seem during this 10 years. If for some reason I have to see a different doctor I make sure he knows what's going on as well. I highly recommend doctor Muse to all my friends and family with no doubt they will have the best doctor ever. Thank you doctor Muse for all you do.
Author:
Dr Muse is by far the most caring and compassionate doctor, I have ever had! He takes the time to hear his patience and even if that means waiting a few extra minutes to be seen, I know I am going to get the same attentiveness and care as the patient before me! I highly recommend Dr Muse! And his staff is amazing as well!
Author:
Very knowledgeable and professional.
Author:
I came to Dr. Muse due to another doctor's temp absence at Highland. As a result of insurance change and 1000% increased medication cost, Dr. Muse and I set up a preferable,lower cost option for chronic pain . At NO TIME did he make me feel immoral,unethical or like a criminal (so common in the pain treatment world). He is accessible, patient, effective, caring, has no inflated ego and has a GREAT support staff that reflects his own superb approach. Best in class! I recommend Dr. Muse highly.
Author:
Dr. Muse has provided exceptional specialty care and his practice is comforting and knowledgeable.
Author:
He has been the best doctor I have ever had very respectful always makes time for his patients even one like me scheduling last minute and he still gets me in cuz he truly cares
Author:
he is very caring and listens to your pains ...he tries to find out what is the cause. Dr. Muse reads about the new and up to date information that is out there.
Author:
Dr. muse is an amazing doctor, he gets busy sometimes but he is worth waiting every minute to see him. So nice and understanding.
Author:
My experience is that he cares. He actually cares for his patience and the purpose of his work.
Author:
Derek Muse has been our family physician for more than 20 years. He's easy to talk to. He's extremely well read. He's concerned about your long term good health. He has plenty of help in the office so it's easy to get into to see someone even if he's not available. If I were picking someone to help manage the health of my family, Derek Muse would be my very first choice.
Author:
Very satisfied and pleased with Dr. Muse. He is the kindest truly sincere doctor I have met. I've been seeing him for 10+ years and have no complaints. He stays current with latest medical research. I highly recommend Dr. Muse for anyone .
Author:
I have been seeing Dr. Muse since 2007. He has helped me with my weight loss. I have lost 40 lbs with his help. He takes time to talk to you and does not make you feel rushed. I'd recommend him to anyone.
Author:
I have been going to Dr. Muse for the last two years for Chronic pain management. It took me six years to find the right doctor and I am so grateful that I finally found Dr. Muse! Dr. Muse put me on a great medication that has changed my life! The staff at the Highland Family Practice is extremely put together and compassionate about quality care for their patients!
Author:
He is genuine and cares about his patients. He will not get you in and push you out just so he can get a check. he knows me, my family and most importantly remembers my history.HIGHLY RECOMMEND