Dr. Dennis Poe, MD

Dr. Dennis Poe, MD

Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)  ·
Dr. Dennis Poe, MD is a pediatric otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Waltham, MA and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from SUNY Upstate Med Univ in 1982 and specializes in pediatric otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) and neurotology.Read his story

9 Hope Ave

Waltham, MA 02453

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Poe

See how frequently Dr. Poe performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Outer Ear Infection
Gastrointestinal Diseases

Dr. Poe's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Poe's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Poe "I have spent my career in Boston, MA practicing Heotology/neurotology and skull base surgery. I've worked to develop minimally invasive endoscopic surgical techniques in this field and developed new procedures for Eustachian tube disorders. My research activities focus on otitis media and disorders of the Eustachian tube, specifically investigating the inflammatory basis of Eustachian tube dysfunction and conducting research on novel medical and surgical treatments. I came to Boston Children's hospital in 2003 after spending nine years in private practice and I previously worked at Tufts Medical Center and Lahey Clinic. In 2011, I completed a PhD at the University of Tampere, Finland in Pathophysiology and Surgical Treatment of the Eustachian tube and did postdoctoral work with the NanoEar European Union consortium on nanotechnology for targeted delivery of inner ear and middle ear therapy. I now work to develop new methods to understand and treat Eustachian tube disorders, offering these techniques to my patients and teaching others internationally in these methods. I run the International Eustachian Tube Study Group and I serve as the principle investigator for two multicenter clinical trials of Balloon Eustachian Tuboplasty."

This content was provided by Dr. Poe "It has been a rewarding privilege to be able to serve my patients over the many years of my career to date.  Although I initially trained in Bio-Medical Engineering, I knew that my calling would be in caring for patients.  I have devoted my efforts to taking the best possible care of my patients, who are like my family when they are under my responsibility.  Additionally, I have always pursued research into finding better ways to improve upon that care.  Equally important has been my goal of training other doctors and surgeons to share in my values and to benefit from my experience.

Ear and communication disorders are among the most common and disabling problems worldwide and it became my mission to work on the means to try to prevent these problems from occurring or worsening.  We have been fortunate enough to make significant advances in these goals, creating new understanding of some of the diseases, developing diagnostic methods and surgical therapy that is making a difference in the outcomes in our patients.  Joining Boston Children's Hospital brought to me the opportunity to increasingly focus my efforts for treating these diseases in the most vulnerable times of our patients' lives."

• Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Neurotology

• Cochlear Implant Insertion
  • Complex Skull Base Surgery
  • Pediatric Cochlear Implants
  • Skull Base Surgery

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Syracuse University
  • University Ma Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Otology Group
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Poe has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Poe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Poe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Poe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Poe to family and friends

Dr. Poe's Performance

Dr Poe operated on our son, for a difficult condition. He is the most amazing doctor and the most amazing person you can meet. The operation was 100% successful and today our son is doing great. Dr. Poe spent time with us, patiently answered all our questions both before and after the surgery and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Poe changed our sons life . Riley is a bi-lateral cochlear patient. The first implant was done in December of 2015 and the second in December of 2016. Dr Poe eased our fears, explained everything about the surgery, all the possible outcomes, followed up in recovery and then called our home...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
An amazing doctor with an amazing bedside manner. He operated on our 5y old don who had a serious and rare condition. Ha explained everything in great detail both before and after the surgery. He has the most gentle manner and made us feel comfortable and well informed. I highly recommend this...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Poe has a fantastic bedside manner, and is a great surgeon to boot! Thank you for helping my mom!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0