Dr. Dennis Oh, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 48

Baystate Neurosurgery Assocs

2 Medical Center Dr Springfield, MA 01107

Dr. Dennis Oh, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Springfield, MA. Dr. Oh has more experience with Spine and Cranial Neurosurgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Oh to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Oh with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Hartford Healthcare.

Make an appointment at Hartford Healthcare today at (860) 294-9155.

Filter by
Provider Ratings
provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Hartford Healthcare.

Dr. Oh's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Oh

Dr. Oh?
I recently had surgery to address spinal cord decompression. I chose Dr. Oh because I heard that he was the best ! And indeed he was. He clearly explained the cause of my pain and what he could do to correct it. He was patient with my many questions and my pre and post op care was excellent. His office staff were friendly and accomodating as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Oh for any neurosurgical issues you may have.
Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
Miracle Dr Dr Oh gave me a second life. I was brought to Baystate hospital, dangling between life and death, with severe brain injury and a GCS score of 3T. Further decrease in score certifies the patient as brain dead. I had no relatives or friends with me, when I was brought in. Dr Oh decided to operate that night and again the following morning when there was repeat bleeding in the brain. He was factual but kind while explaining the grim situation to my family. When the trauma doctors wanted to give up on my case while I was in coma, Dr Oh was reassuring and hopeful. I came out of coma and slowly recovered. To the amazement of all the doctors I recovered completely and was able to get back to my job as a chemical engineer in the R&D dept, in one year. I have a minor limp in my left leg and weakness in my left hand. However, I have no difficulties cognitively or with speech or memory. I cannot thank Dr Dennis Oh enough for having operated on me that night and for having saved my life
Anish Desouza – Mar 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
After having severe back pain for months Dr. Oh reviewed my MRI and suggested surgery as my L5 vertebrae had slipped 5mm and was pressing against my spinal cord. The pain was constant! Dr. Oh took the time to explain my surgery and forewarned me that the pain post surgery would be significant for perhaps two weeks. He and his team prepared me for the Spondylolisthesis surgery which was a success. The pain and numbness down my right leg was gone. The back pain was tough during the first two weeks post surgery but I didn’t need any pain killers after one week. Each day I feel better and am forever grateful to Dr. Oh and his team for alleviating my back pain! One other item...what Doctor calls you to see how you’re doing post surgery? Dr. Oh did! Great personal touch from a very humble, brilliant man. Thank God for men like Dr. Oh!
Tom Brown – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
I have epilepsy and had a seizures at least twice a week but since my brain surgery that he preformed I haven't had any!
Nov 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
I recently had spinal surgery with Dr. Oh as my surgeon and I highly recommend this physician for his skill and compassion. After having visited another neurosurgeon for an initial consultation and being very disappointed by that doctor's aloof manner, it was a relief to be put at ease by the time and concern Dr. Oh demonstrated. I spoke with many, many people as well as respected professionals in the healthcare field, concerning Dr. Oh's skill and every single person had praise not only for his expertise, but for the kindness he shows to his patients. He clearly states what you may expect from the surgery, including pain and recovery, and makes himself available if you have any questions. Based upon my experience I hold Dr. Oh in high regard and have recommended him, without hesitation, to others; he is truly an asset to his profession.
Jeanne Ryan – Jul 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
Thank You Dr.Oh for your surgical skills.Im a77year old male who Dr. Oh operated on June 18 2019.The Pain in my left leg disappeared the day of the operation.I give him a A+
MA – Jul 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
I recently had surgery performed by Dr. Oh. His instructions were that I would be out between 6 and 8 weeks and that for the first two weeks the pain would be rather severe. I am now in my 5th week and i received a clean bill of health from Dr. Oh last week and will be returning to work tomorrow. I cannot say enough about this man. This is my second back surgery and I can only wish that he had performed the first one. I may not have needed the second one. He explained just about everything I could think of to ask. He gave me the good the bad and even the ugly. I went into this surgery fully understanding what it was he was going to do, and it went exactly as he said it would. I would highly recommend Dr. Oh to anyone who wants to get their quality of live back, if they are suffering from severe back problems.
May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
Simply put, Dr. Oh is the best. If you are looking for a Neurosurgeon don't waste your time looking elsewhere. He explained everything and answered all of my questions. His bedside manner was terrific. I had a severe case of spinal stenosis as well as a herniated disc. I could not walk more than a few minutes without falling to the ground. The day after surgery I was walking like I used to. If it wasn't for Dr. Oh I would have ended up in a wheel chair for the rest of my life. A miracle worker.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
Dr. Oh gave me my quality of life back. His quiet confidence, easy bedside manner and unparalleled surgical skills make him tops in his field.
Dave Lacinski in Northampton, MA – Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
After suffering for more than 4 years I visited Dr Oh hoping for some relief. Dr Oh has restored my health. Siatica pain was unbearable and after surgery I was playing golf free from pain. I am 80 years old and can't thank Dr Oh enough. I have recommended him to several people.
Howard R in South Hadley – Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
Never got to see him. Appointment was set up for September. After the results from an MRI and CAT scan were faxed over to them it took three weeks for them to even respond. The MRI and cats Show a brain lesion which was quite large. The response we got when his office called back was that Dr. Oh did not see any abnormality therefore patient does not need to be seen. We went to Mass General saw a neurosurgeon and neutotologist there and surgery is next week to do a biopsy. DONT USE HIM
Richard in , MA – Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
The Best Surgery on both my son and fusion on my wife. Office staff needs a little to be desired. There not good on following or staying ahead of the curve. In all honesty "There Brutal"!!
West Springfield, MA – Mar 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
I had an appt. with Dr. Oh 8/2/16, and I have never met such a wonderful man in all my life,I have dealt with many Nero Surgeons in my life and this man is the most Friendly, Caring, Comforting Man I have ever met. He made me feel like if he had said I need Surgery I would have let him do it in his office!! Fortunately I don't need Surgery but He's the MAN !!
Walter Krawiec in Granby, Mass – Aug 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
Had neck disc replacement over a year ago and the results were better than I hoped. Dr Oh was very reassuring and explained what to expect.
Bruce in Northampton, MA – Feb 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?
I went to see Dr. Oh after almost a year of excruciating pain from a lumbar disc herniation. He was easy to talk to, explained the procedure he would perform and I left feeling very good about surgery after speaking to him. One month later the surgery was successful and I am thrilled. He is an excellent surgeon. He told me what to expect and it was exactly what I experienced. Was very happy with my care at Baystate Medical Center.
Amy McCaffrey in Lee, MA – Feb 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Oh, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Oh?

His philosophy is to treat each patient as a person and to recommend treatment, surgical or not, as he would for his own family member.

Dr. Dennis Oh is the Chief of Neurosurgery at Baystate Medical Center, one of America's 50 Best Hospitals. He specializes in minimally invasive spine and...Read more

• Neurosurgery