Dr. Dennis Matzkin, MD

Dr. Dennis Matzkin, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

ALLIED EYE 7405 Shallowford Rd Ste 420 Chattanooga, TN 37421 Get Directions

Dr. Matzkin cares about his patients and takes the time to explain the problem and solution presented by each patient.

Dr. Dennis Matzkin, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Chattanooga, TN. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Matzkin is affiliated with Parkridge West Hospital and Erlanger Medical Center.

Dr. Matzkin's Experience

See how Dr. Matzkin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Matzkin

Dr. Matzkin accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Matzkin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Matzkin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Matzkin to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Matzkin's Performance
Chattanooga, TN |
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I had recently moved to Chattanooga and needed to get my eyes tested. They were very thorough with directions to the office. The visit was a great experience. Everyone seemed to work as a team and were very welcoming. It was one stop shopping for two new pairs of glasses. Easiest choice I've ever made when coming to picking out a new pair of glasses. They are great people to work with!
in Chatsworth, GA |
I was really impressed by all of the staff. They were very knowledgeable and so friendly. I would highly recommend.
in Chattanooga, TN |
This was our first time here. He is a nice doctor. But, it seem like it was overbooked. It was a long visit. I fell a sleep waiting on my son.
in Athens, TN |
Doctor Matzkin is by far the best eye doctor I have ever seen. He and his staff are very kind and take their to make sure i fully understand everything they are doing.
in Ringgold, GA |
Dr Matzkin's office runs like a well-oiled machine. It's busy, but I didn't have to wait very long, even though there were many of us to be seen. This was my first visit. Other patients I talked to love him! His staff is friendly, courteous, and knowledgable. I never felt rushed. Yet, I went from one test to another without having to wait long at all. I felt like everyone on the staff, especially Dr Matkin, listened well, and had deep concern for me and my problems, as well as for others seen.
in Rossville, GA |
I have been looking for a new Neuro-Opthamologist. Dr Matzkin is very thorough, professional, friendly and prompt. They were very accommodating to my schedule. I am very pleased to have found him and his staff.
in TN |
very well, i would recommend him to anyone.
Birchwood, TN |
Been to numerous doctors and he is the only one doing anything to help me
Chattanooga, TN |
No doubt best eye care in the area. Dr. Matzkin and his staff were professional and caring. The procedure I was scheduled for took place without delays. Dr Matzkin was very friendly and took the time to thoroughly reassure me before the procedure. Highly recommended.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Very thorough. The facility has advanced testing capabilities. Friendly and supportive staff.
in Chattanooga, TN |
The staff at Dr. Matzkin's office were outstanding! From start to fininsh the visit was very enjoyable. Dr. Matzkin and his assistant were both very thorough. I'd recommend them to anyone. Jim Hill
in Signal Mountain, TN |
He is fantastic. He's brilliant and knowledgeable. He explains everything in an understandable and professional manner. His staff is incredible. I never have to wait more than a couple minutes and it's always a pleasure. I never dread going to visit this doctor.
Soddy Daisy, TN |
Dr. Matzkin and his staff accommodated me with short notice. They performed a number of tests in attempts to discover the cause in the sudden loss of my visual acuity in one eye. It would have been much more comfortable and very appreciated if my eyes had been numbed before the instrument to measure the pressure in my eye was used directly on my corneas.
Cleveland, TN |
I have been going to this practice since it was with Dr. Issac Wessels. He provided great care for my borderline glaucoma up to his retirement and unfortunate passing. Dr. Matzkin took over the practice and made it even better. The staff is more like family to me. I have since developed macular degeneration and have experienced tremendous results under Dr. Matzkins care and treatment. State of the art equipment and outstanding staff at every turn. My wife and I are sold on Allied Eye.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Didn't have to wait long to be seen, had snacks in the lobby for the wait which is always nice & the staff was very helpful! -jillayne McGuire/Chick-fil-A
in Cleveland, TN |
Told me they would return my check for services. Never did.
in Sequatchie Tn |
Great doctor and he has the best staff!
Cleveland, TN |
My last visit with my son to Dr. Matzkin was very welcoming! I defenitely recommend Dr. Matzkin as your ophthalmologist .
in Chattanooga, TN |
Both of my children have been seen by Dr Matzkin, 10 and 4 respectively, and both being their first time having their eyes checked. With my son, they were able to properly diagnose that he needed glasses and was able to pick some in the small shop within the vicinity within an hour of the appt. My daughter being 4, has terrified of having the drops in her eyes (the ones used to dilate the pupil), she was screaming and kicking, then Dr Matzkin came in within 10 secs and went the extra mile to mak
in Chattanooga, TN |
I've been having nighttime pain and irritation in my right eye for some time now with no relief using drops, thinking I had dry eyes. Dr. Matzkin took one brief look and immediately diagnosed me with something I cannot repeat (because I can't remember) but thoroughly explained it to me in plain English...and then fixed me right up with a "bandage contact". I felt such an immediate relief that it made me emotional...I AM A VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Matzkin!
in Ooltewah, TN |
Dr. Matzkin took time to explain my condition at a level that I could understand.
Have you seen Dr. Dennis Matzkin, MD?
Are you Dr. Matzkin?

Compare Dr. Matzkin

Dr. Matzkin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Matzkin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Matzkin has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Matzkin's Board Certifications

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Montefiore Medical Center-Albert Einstein College Of Medicine

Completed in 1991

University Of The Witwatersrand

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Matzkin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Matzkin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Pterygium Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)