Dr. Dennis Ledford, MD

Dr. Dennis Ledford, MD

Allergy & Asthma  |
Dr. Dennis Ledford, MD is an allergy & asthma doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 41 years.

13801 Bruce B Downs Blvd Ste 502

Tampa, FL 33613

• AvMed
  • Benesys
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)

Learn about Dr. Ledford

See how frequently Dr. Ledford performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Asthma
Pulmonary Disease
high
Pollen Allergy

Dr. Ledford's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Allergy & Asthma

• Allergic Rhinitis Due to Food
  • Aneurysm
  • Angioedema
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID)
  • Cough
  • Deafness
  • Dermatitis
  • Dermatitis Due to Substances Taken Internally
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Disorders
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eye Infections
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hives
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hypogammaglobulinemia

• University Tenn Affil Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1979
  • University South Fla
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Ledford has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ledford does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ledford and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ledford's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ledford to family and friends
Dr. Ledford's Performance
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Ledford cured my chronic hives due to red ant bites in Melbourne Florida. My allergist in Fort Lauderdale were not able to cure me after several months! and referred me To Dr Ledford. I swear if it it wasn't for him, I'd still be on prednisone ! Love you Dr Ledford!!
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Ledford is amazingly intelligent and provides great insight to his patients regarding their health conditions. He is genuinely concerned about the patient trying to incorporate all aspects of the patient's life history into finding solutions to health issues. He takes the time to listen to the patient and family so that care can be completed and understood. His staff too is superior and makes you feel comfortable and important to them. Dr. Ledford makes you happy you chose him to treat y
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Ledford truly cares, he listens, he informs the primary care physician, he takes excellent notes to stay abreast of your care, he goes to bat for his patients by helping get them the tests needed and educates them on things they may not have a full understanding of, so they feel comfortable. Dr. Ledford is extremely knowledgeable about far more than his respective field and goes above and beyond to help, he gets to the bottom of things to heal not just mask symptoms with a pill. Impressive!
Went to Dr Ledford to provide a systematic approach to my newly developed seasonal allergies. Had an initial consultation & allergy test where I only reacted to the control. All he did was prescribe some expensive eye drops & tell me to come back in 3 months. When my symptoms worsened, I brought forward my appointment to see if something more could be done. However, after a 45 minute wait past my appt time, I was told there were still 2 people in front of me. So I canceled my appt & left.
in Port Richey, FL |
I can't say enough positive about this doctor. He is so available in times of need. He truly cares for his patients. This doctor is not the usual doctor. I can't thank him enough for saving my life. He is now working to restore my body. He has been willing to go above and beyond to make this happen. When the patient became battle weary, he was there to lovingly but firmly push her on for just a little longer.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Ledford is a wonderful doctor; he is thorough, kind, and takes his time. Dr. Ledford is also the best diagnostician because of his carefulness and thoroughness. I highly recommend him.
Dade City, FL |
Brought my 4 year old son to see Dr. Ledford. He was comforting, understanding and ready to get to the bottom of things.
Lutz, FL |
Very Through in the examination. Pleasant communicator.
in Land O Lakes, FL |
Dr. Ledford is an excellent diagnostician. He is patient, caring, and always willing to listen. I have been his patient for 27 years and he has helped me through many respiratory and auto-immune crises. I trust his recommendations to improve my health without question.
Tampa, FL |
When I moved here 3 months ago I knew the first Doctor I had to get established with was an allergist so I would have no break in my every other week scheduled injections. The timing, I felt was critical for me. These injections are the only thing that controls my asthma. I was able to get an appointment the first week I was here. I was elated. The staff was was very pleasant and caring. Dr. Ledford was extremely thorough and didn't miss a thing even though I'm a little interesting. Thanks
in Tampa, FL |
I’ve been a patient of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Associates of Tampa Bay for over seven years, have seen Dr. Ledford several times and you could not ask for a more knowledgeable physician when it comes to Asthma or Allergies. I highly recommend him as well as the other doctors at Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Associates of Tampa Bay.
in Brandon, Fl. |
I've had Dr. Ledford as a doctor since 1999. Professional thorough empathetic concerned are just a few of the words used to describe him. He's concerned about the patient's well-being beyond his professional capabilities. His atentativeness to other health concerns that weren't related to his specialty saved my life. He is gone the extra mile, he is the extra mile, he is what every new physician should desire to be. There are few like him. On top of all that he Is one of the best.
in Riverview, FL |
When I came to Florida 6 years ago, we called Dr. Ledford's office and explained the seriousness of my medical situation to his staff. Although I was not a patient, they arranged for me to see Dr. Ledford very quickly. I was amazed at how knowledgeable he was about my rare disease and its treatment. He is a consummate professional and I feel lucky to be under his care. I have absolutely no reservations about recommending Dr. Ledford to anyone who needs expert allergy/immunological care.
in Tampa, FL |
He is thoughtful, kind, great at finding your health problem. Does not make you feel he is in a hurry.
in Tampa, FL |
I saw Dr. Ledford after developing a cough that wouldn't go away. It got to the point were I was barely finishing sentences. Dr. Ledford got me in right away and ran some tests and got me diagnosed and treated. He is attentive, empathetic, and the visit is about you not his ego, unlike some doctors. Great doctor and experience.
in Tampa, FL |
He listens carefully to me. He cares very much about my well being. He makes excellent referrals to doctors in other specialties.
Have you seen Dr. Dennis Ledford, MD?
Are you Dr. Ledford?

Blue Care HMO
    Blue Select
    BlueDental Choice
    Wellpath Preferred PPO
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
    Preferred PPO
    Select HMO
    Tampa Bay CoreNet
    Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio