Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD

Cardiology ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Chugh

Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD is a cardiology specialist in Amherst, NY and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine in 1994 and specializes in cardiology and internal medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Chugh accepts

Dr. Chugh accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)

Dr. Chugh's Top Procedures and Conditions

Aortic Valve Disease

Dr. Chugh treats Aortic Valve Disease more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Chugh treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)

Dr. Chugh treats Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) more than 97% of his peers

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Thrombosis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Venous Hypertension

I strive to provide timely cardiac care in a comfortable office setting based on the most up to date literature and published guidelines.

• Cardiology

Dr. Chugh?
Dr. Chugh's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr Chugh cares about his patients. He knows his business well. At the age of 49 he told me to have my mitro valve repaired at Cleveland Clinic. (Note for Cleveland bring your own post op nurse) To many old people getting heart operations there so you just become a number. But anyways Cleveland did a great job, and today is 5/22/2019 and I am 65 my cardiologist says my heart sounds perfectly normal and tests are near perfect. Theres no info on Mitro valve repair, but is been 15 years, so I am pleased. No leakage so listen to Dr Chugh. Thank you Dr Chugh. Bruce Bradley remember me?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
My husband feels that Dr. Chug was definitely instrumental in saving his life. My husband was not easily convinced to go to doctors or to follow instructions. Dr. Chug was honest, informative and sufficiently direct in telling my husband he needed to go straight to the hospital; he ended up having multiple bypass surgery. Thank you Dr. Chug! Also, He is in a beautiful new office where every staff member we talked to was happy to help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Honestly, he is one of the best doctors I've come across in my lifetime. I have a genetic dysfunction, thus having to see doctor after doctor, specialist after specialist. I'm 34 now, and started seeing Dr. Chugh a couple of years ago. He is an amazing doctor and really thinks about each case individually and uniquely. He tried an out of the box thinking treatment and I've had good success with it. He's also not afraid to look things up or do research which is key, many other doctor's wouldn't.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Dr Chug and his staff are caring and friendly. Dr Chug takes all the time that you need when he sees you. ALways explains everything in plain english so I can understand everything. He fights for his patients and when you call in with a problem his nurse gets back to you quickly and one time she had to contact the dr and he was on vacation , she got ahold of him and got me the answers that I needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
After my first visit, I was very impressed. Already having good recommendation from family members. He was straight & to the point about the changes that need to be done to my perscriptions. When he said to me that's 700 pills less per year that i would have to take. other dr's would of just sent me on my way with more perscriptions thank you Dr Chugh
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Very informative. Professional. Explains things so i understood. Folliws scheduling time well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Dr. Chugh is a very knowledgeable, understanding, caring, kind and compassionate cardiologist! I initially came to be acquainted with him though his care for developmentally disabled clients that I was working with. He was very attentive to their specific needs and always took time to treat them with kindness and respect. I am now a patient and find that he continues to be an incredibly awesome cardiologist! His knowledge, expertise and consideration of his patients is truly outstanding!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Coming from someone who used to work for Northtowns Cardiology I wouldn't recommend anywhere else. Dr.Chugh is extremely knowledgeable and dedicates his life to his work. He wants nothing more than to give every patient the care that they need and I've never seen anyone work as hard as he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Chugh to my family and friends. He addressed all of my concerns and even took extra time for additional advice. He never makes you feel rushed or my concerns be insignificant. I appreciate the fact he is honest and direct.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Went to Dr. Chugh in A-fib. Set me up for ablation surgery that day. Fixed the problem immediately. Dr. Chugh knows what he's doing., period.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Dr Chugh identified my heart condition and immediately applied the correct procedure to fix the issue. This after my primary doctor failed to diagnose a rather significant heart condition. In previous experience with Dr Chugh he recommended a heart operation for my 84 year old father in law to be performed in the Cleveland Clinic. This added 10 quality years to his life. This after previous cardiologists would not recommend the procedure. I have recommended Dr Cugh to my wife
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Was referred to Dr. Chugh by primary MD after abnormal EKG. Took less than 1 hour to get from PMD office and into Chugh's exam room. Staff went right to work to get prior authorization for nuclear stress test. After review, Dr. Chugh recommended that I get an angiogram ASAP. His colleague (K.Phadke) performed this exam two days later and determined that I needed triple bypass which was completed within the week at GVI. Have also seen Dr. Rana who is also excellent. Office staff is amazing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Dr. Chugh was very thorough and took time to listen to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
I am a 59 year old male referred to Dr, Chugh by my primary due to a low heart rate. He lowered my blood pressure medication perhaps set too high by other cardiac physicians. He was also blunt with me about my being overweight and challenged me to get it under control. In only a few months I have reduced my weight over 30 lbs. and my blood pressure/heart rate look fine. He essentially gave me a wake up call, am thankful, and give him a high recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Don't wait to associate yourself with Dr. Dennis Chugh, cardiologist. You don't have to have suffered a heart attack to make an appointment with him. Just not feeling well - not feeling like myself - something is wrong are feelings that should lead you to a discussion with your primary care physician regarding seeking a cardiologist - and Dr. Chugh is the name you should bring up in that discussion. 16 years of placing my heart health in his skillful hands. I am totally satistied!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Dr. Chugh has been my doctor for over ten years and I highly recommend him. He is very professional and communicates health issues in a clear and understanding way. He listens to concerns and follows up on them. There is no long wait in the office and the staff are courteous and friendly. I am very satisfied with Dr. Chugh.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Dr. Chugh is always punctual. Explains everything in terms so you can understand. Answers all questions clearly and treats me as a human being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Dr.Chugh has been my Cardiologist for 10 years. He saved my life!! He is a true professional and I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Excellent friendly and knowledgeable staff. Appointments right on time. Doctor always prompt and efficient. Tests conducted at location. Girls were great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis Chugh, MD?
Very knowledgable and very friendly. Was on time and explained everything.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Chugh?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Chugh treats patients.

Compare Providers