Dr. Denise Ricketts, MD

Dr. Denise Ricketts, MD

Family Medicine  |
Female
30 reviews

My aspiration for a career in medicine began as a child. I was raised in a community where the practice of medicine was not appreciated until it was too late. As a family physician I have the opportunity to promote preventative care within the community to prevent certain illness such as diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol, to name a few. As a family physician I specialize in treating a wide range of patients from age 5 to 98 yrs. In addition to preventative care I also manage chronic and acute illnesses. I work alongside our local specialist in coordinating care for our patients. Most of the laboratory and diagnostic procedures are completed on site at our facility. Our electronic medical record makes patient care safe and efficient. Being a family physician is a privilege. It is a pleasure to serve the community of Okeechobee, Port St Lucie and the surrounding areas....See Less

Treasure Coast Medical Specialists

1713 US Highway 441 N Ste C

Okeechobee, FL 34972

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • WellCare
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Ricketts

Dr. Ricketts' Experience

Dr. Ricketts' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Ross
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • Memorial Health University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Ricketts has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ricketts does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ricketts and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Ricketts' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ricketts to family and friends
Dr. Ricketts' Performance
in Okeechobee, FL |
Just had a visit with her and wow, what a understanding doctor. If they had more doctors and such like her what a better plays this world would be. She was very through and asked question's and concerned. Wish I would've found her years ago. Super friendly staff even to us older people. They don't brush you off like you're bothering or annoying them. Just a great bunch of people. Thanks so much. Looking forward to future visits. Don't worry about any wait time as they and she are very through
Miami, FL |
LOVE Dr. Ricketts. You can tell she is very passionate in what she does. Always takes the time to listen. Staff is AMAZING as well. You may have a little bit of a wait, but she very well worth it because she takes her time with EVERYONE (and sometimes we have to be considerate of others as well, because you never know what someone is going through).
in Port St. Lucie |
My experience was wonderful. When I needed to be seen for an emergency they fit me right in I was treated with great respect and professionalism would highly recommend to any one and I do let everyone one know if they need a excellent dr and a caring staff to go to that office
in Okeechobee, FL |
I was in need of a Primary Care Physician and after countless online searches and several wrong encounters with clinics in the Okeechobee area I came across Dr Ricketts and scheduled an appointment. Dr Ricketts actually listened to my concerns and professionally dealt with my current medical issues. It is so refreshing to know and feel that your doctor cares about you as a person and that your life matters.
Okeechobee |
I love Dr. Ricketts, she truly cares about her patients. Your not just a number in her office. Calling the office isn't the best, but they have 5 lines ringing constantly, so I don't get upset about it. I am so glad we have her in Okeechobee. They staff is always amazing too.
in Okeechobee , FL |
Dr. Ricketts and her staff are the best, they don't make you feel like your being rushed or your just a patient of her's instead they treat you like family. A very nice environment. There is nothing negative to say about Dr. Denise RIcketts or her staff.
Clermont, FL |
I'm very pleased that I found Dr. Ricketts. She is a very caring person who treats you like you are her only patient.
Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate the kind words.
in Okeechobee |
I found that Dr Ricketts is very personable, considerate in the feelings of her patients. She listens what the patient has to say and takes interest in how the patient describes her illness.Dr Ricketts doesn't push and lets the patients decide if the patient wants to take medication or try something else first and I think that is very important.
Port Saint Lucie, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Ricketts for about 5 years and have always been happy with the level of service and care.
in Okeechobee, FL |
Being from upstate NY my husband had a bad accident a year ago and is still in a wheelchair and we can't travel home. Dr. Ricketts has taken great care of both of us. Without a family doctor in Florida we were really stressed out for our care. Dr. Ricketts has been kind and compassionate with us this past year. I don't know what we would have done without her.
Allen, TX |
Dr. Ricketts and staff are wonderful. I always get a same day appointment with great quality care. I highly recommend this office to everyone.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
Dr. Ricketts moved to Okeechobee office and this appointment was canceled last month. Had to mark the star section just to submit. The system should recognized when a patient changes doctors and the previous appt was canceled.
in Okeechobee, FL |
Dr Ricketts was very down to earth and easy to talk to. Her manners and caring dispositon are excellent and I am very pleased to have her as our new family doctor.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
listens to you, responses and follow up is excellent
in Fort Pierce, FL |
I find her to be pleasant and knowledgeable. She is caring and compassionate. I would recommend her. We (my hubby and I) have been patients of hers for about 2 years since moving to this area (Fort Pierce).
Have you seen Dr. Denise Ricketts, MD?

Visit Dr. Ricketts