Dr. Denise P. Ricketts, MD

Dr. Denise P. Ricketts, MD

23 reviews

Family Medicine | Female

My aspiration for a career in medicine began as a child. I was raised in a community where the practice of medicine was not appreciated until it was too late. As a family physician I have the opportunity to promote preventative care within the community to prevent certain illness such as diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol, to name a few. As a family physician I specialize in treating a wide range of patients from age 5 to 98 yrs. In addition to preventative care I also manage chronic and acute illnesses. I work alongside our local specialist in coordinating care for our patients. Most of the laboratory and diagnostic procedures are completed on site at our facility. Our electronic medical record makes patient care safe and efficient. Being a family physician is a privilege. It is a pleasure to serve the community of Okeechobee, Port St Lucie and the surrounding areas.Read more

Treasure Coast Medical Specialists

Personal Bio

Dr. Ricketts' Experience

See how Dr. Ricketts' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ricketts

Dr. Ricketts accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ricketts has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ricketts' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ricketts to family and friends
Dr. Ricketts' Performance
in Okeechobee |
I found that Dr Ricketts is very personable, considerate in the feelings of her patients. She listens what the patient has to say and takes interest in how the patient describes her illness.Dr Ricketts doesn't push and lets the patients decide if the patient wants to take medication or try something else first and I think that is very important.
Port Saint Lucie, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Ricketts for about 5 years and have always been happy with the level of service and care.
in Okeechobee, FL |
Being from upstate NY my husband had a bad accident a year ago and is still in a wheelchair and we can't travel home. Dr. Ricketts has taken great care of both of us. Without a family doctor in Florida we were really stressed out for our care. Dr. Ricketts has been kind and compassionate with us this past year. I don't know what we would have done without her.
Allen, TX |
Dr. Ricketts and staff are wonderful. I always get a same day appointment with great quality care. I highly recommend this office to everyone.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
Dr. Ricketts moved to Okeechobee office and this appointment was canceled last month. Had to mark the star section just to submit. The system should recognized when a patient changes doctors and the previous appt was canceled.
in Okeechobee, FL |
Dr Ricketts was very down to earth and easy to talk to. Her manners and caring dispositon are excellent and I am very pleased to have her as our new family doctor.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
listens to you, responses and follow up is excellent
in Fort Pierce, FL |
I find her to be pleasant and knowledgeable. She is caring and compassionate. I would recommend her. We (my hubby and I) have been patients of hers for about 2 years since moving to this area (Fort Pierce).
Have you seen Dr. Denise P. Ricketts, MD?

Dr. Ricketts says...

Dr. Ricketts' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Ricketts has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ricketts' Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• High Cholesterol

Ross

Graduated in 2007

Memorial Health University Medical Center

Completed in 2012

Dr. Ricketts does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ricketts and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Electrocardiogram (EKG)