Dr. Denise Furlong, MD

Practices Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 81 reviews.
Author:
Each and visit has been outstandingly,she takes her time with each patient and explains clearly what’s going on and what has to be and and the outcome.
Author:
Dr. Furlong is an AMAZING physician. She is compassionate, kind, and patient. She provides a quality of care that is unmatched by any other experience that I have had. Dr. Furlong makes herself available and really maintains a present with her patients through the entirity of her care. She is both knowledgeable and thorough. With every appointment, she was warm and inviting. Her energy helps to put you at ease despite the overwhelming feelings you might have over the medical condition for which you are being treated. The staff are just as pleasant and inviting. In this world of constant movement and everything rush, It is refreshing to have someone (especially a physician) slow her pace to provide quality care, compassion, and genuine concern for each patient she encounters as if you are her only priority. Again, Dr. Furlong is an amazing physician with an exemplary staff and I am all the better after having met and been treated by them. I am eternally grateful and appreciative.
Author:
Very informative and thorugh. Great staff
Author:
Dr. Furlong is amazing! I hated going to the gynecologist. Because of Dr. Molina I am not shy or scared to get checked out Dr. Molina and staff are great!
Author:
She is an excellent doctor. She is caring and patient. She takes the time to explain everything as well as goes above and beyond the call of duty. I would highly recommend her. Her staff is wonderful as well. They are very helpful and get things done.
Author:
I have been to other Uro gynecologists and Gynecologists, it can be embarrassing and frightening. I felt that Dr. Furlong put me at ease and made it easy to make the best decisions for myself. Very informative.
Author:
I was running a few minutes late because of the weather and was frustrated. But when I arrived to the office everyone was nice and professional. Dr. Furlong was very patient and kind. She really listens and I appreciate that.
Author:
She is a terrific doctor. Good bed side manner.
Author:
Easy to talk to and understands. Performed successful hysterectomy and bladder repair on me. Highly recommend.
Author:
Really enjoyed my visit everyone was pleasant and environment was nice and clean
Author:
Dr. Furlong is by far the best gynecologist I've ever seen. She made sure to be very thorough in her exam and found the root of my problems I was having that no other doctors were able to figure out. She is also very kind and makes you feel very comfortable the whole appointment, she truly cares about her patients. I highly recommend her services!
Author:
I highly recommend Dr. Furlong!!! Dr. Furlong makes you feel welcome in her office. She creates a safe environment for you to express your feelings and concerns. I used to hate going to the gynecologist but with Dr. FURLON it's not that scary. She answers all my questions and provides me with useful information based on my medical needs. Dr. Furlong is very caring, funny, and empathetic. She has a great sense of humor and is very understanding. If your looking for a gyno she's the one!
Author:
Dr. Furlong was rude, condescending, and full of herself. I would never return to her again in a million years. There are plenty of other wonderful doctors out there. Dr. Furlong is not one of them.
Author:
Dr. Furlong is such a professional and compassionate doctor. I’ve been going to her office for I think 3yrs now and wish I had known about her before. I always feel comfortable when I visit her. And I love that she personally contacts me with any results.
Author:
I had major prolapse issues that Dr Furlong addressed with very thorough explanation and patience with my many questions. She gave me options and allowed me to choose the best option for me and performed surgery on Dec.13. Gave cell number which I’ve used several times and received a quick response to my concerns. Dr Furlong has put my mind at ease on several occasions with her calming and caring approach. I highly recommend her for all women’s health issues and will continue to see her.
Author:
Referred by primary Dr. Had prolapse concerns. At initial appt, Dr Furlong explained my options & at first I didn't opt for surgery, but after prayer & some soul searching, decided surgery w/b my best option. So thankful I did. Dr Furlong is truly a miracle worker & would recommend her to anyone who requires reconstruction of the female organs. Thank you Dr Furlong for everything.
Author:
Dr. Furlong is an excellent physician. I first met her when she was an OB/GYN 11 years ago and she has been my Women's Health physician ever since. Then I took my mom to her for an urinary incontinence problem. My mom was very please with her results. Dr. Furlong is an extraordinary doctor that has a great bedside manner. She is kind, compassionate and always takes the time to explain everything and answers all of YOUR questions. I highly recommend her.
Author:
Dr Furlong explains what is taking place every step of the way. She makes sure you are comfortable during your exams and has the best bedside manners. She allows you to ask questions. She truly cares about her patient's. I will be with her till she retires
Author:
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. She seems to project her personal issues onto her patients. She under minded me and completely invalidated me as patient. She was speaking extremely loud, I am positive everyone on the floor heard our conversation. She spent more time talking about her life rather than focusing on me. Very unprofessional. She prescribed me medicine without explaining how it would work. Her attitude was very much like "im the doctor i know everything" you know nothing
Author:
I have been to offices of many urologists and I have also tried all the medications available to treat my condition. When I started seeing Dr. Furlong, she went above and beyond and researched the best treatment for me. Finally, I've been relieved from one of the negative symptoms of my condition, Thanks to Dr. Furlong! She truly cares for her patients and I will not hesitate to recommend her in a heartbeat!
Author:
Best experience ever! Dr. Furlong is the real deal. Very thorough explaining my concerns. The ultrasound tech was very gentle and kind. I have found a new doctor with Dr. Furlong and will never go anywhere else.
Author:
Would definitely recommend my family & friends to Dr. Furlong.
Author:
After 30 years of the nightmare of my illness slowly became a dream, all thanks to a wonderful doctor who changed my life!!!! Thanks doc. Denise :) Despues de 30 años de sufrimiento y antibioticos, finalmente es solo un sueño garcias a usted mi vida a cambiado. Muchas Gracias Dr. Denise!!! Bertina C.
Dr. Furlong is a wonderful doctor. Very caring and understanding
Author:
As a new patient, I feel that my 20-year search for the best women's health doctor is over. Dr. Furlong was compassionate, thorough and unhurried. Throughout the exam, she explained the procedures and her findings. No one else had ever done that before. She was also a great listener and assured me that my worries and concerns were completely within the realm of normal. What a relief! I'm so glad that I saw Dr. Furlong, and I will definitely be going back.
Author:
Dr. Furlong has a great disposition. She is patient and a great listener. She is also through and knowledgeable. I am usually seen within 10 minutes of my appointment time.
Author:
When I first visited Dr Furlong, I was actually embarased about my problem. Dr Furlong was so warm and generous, I soon lost the e baresment and wanted to have it repaired. Dr Furlong operated and I am now on the road to recovery and health. She explains everything with compassion and warmth. Totally recommend her.
Author:
Since I got to the office the secretary made me feel like at home and Dr Denise Furlong is amazing and very friendly I will recommended this Doctor to everyone's
Author:
I have been with Dr. Furlog for about 6 months, and I have continued as her patient because so far she has been the only one that shows interest in my questions, she listens to me, she checks me, and she gives me attention. She is really professional, but also kind. Her staff is good, and they resolve your requests the best and fastest they can.
Author:
I've been dealing with a frustrating issue after a surgical procedure. My regular gyne referred me to Dr Furlong. I really like Dr Furlong she's upfront and concise. She's very knowledgeable and personable.staffe is great too. She's made me feel comfortable with the issue I'm dealing with and confident that this can be corrected
Author:
It was the second visit when I had to follow up with her to find out her true colors. I understand that the wait times can be long but it is common courtesy to apologize and have your staff let the pts know that there's a delay due to unforeseen circumstances... well that did not happen. Her staff was playing on cell phones and eating. Then I became frustrated that the dr was seeing LATE pts before me. Being an hour late is unacceptable and those pts should wait for the on time ones to be seen.
Good Afternoon, Thank you for your review , we are always striving to improve patient experience and welcome any comments/remarks. We apologize that your experience was not the best and that you had a prolonged wait time. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss this matter further. Our office phone number is (312) 626-2244 Sincerely, CCWH Team
Author:
I can not say enough good about Dr. Furlong. I had a hysterectomy and prolapse surgery in September 2015 and through it all she was very compassionate. She explained everything about my condition and also my options. The day of surgery she kept my family informed and made sure they had her contact information in case of any questions or concerns. After I was home i was able to text her any questions I had and she responded quickly. I would definitely recommend her to my friends and family
Author:
She is a very good Doctor and very easy to talk to.
Author:
Dr. Furlong is very knowledgeable. She takes time to answer all of the patients questions. She treated me with compassion, respect and was available beyond my expectations post surgery.
Author:
Dr Furlong takes her time with you. She will explain everything in detail, including your options. She listens to any concerns you may have. After surgery, she is available 24/7 via her cell phone number which she will give to you and your family.
Author:
Dr. Furlong is the best doctor I have ever met. She goes above and beyond for her patients. She is always willing to communicate with me about any health issue, not just the ones she specializes in. In addition, she collaborates very well with my other doctors. Hands down, an awesome doctor and such a caring woman. I recommend her to anyone who might need her care.
Author:
talk to me in layman terms so I could understand...answered every question..she was concerned about the best treatment for me...I have recommended Dr Furlong to family and friends
Author:
The doctor seemed rushed and annoyed to have to see me. She checked her cell phone 3 times while I was trying to explain my health issues. I left feeling that my concerns were not addressed. I will never go back.
I am so sorry you felt this way. My internet was down, so I was using my phone's hotspot for a connection rather than cancel office or change appointments. I was also trying to document all of your important information but getting the computer to stay connected was the issue. I never bring a cell phone into the office and happily my internet issues are now resolved. If you would like, I encourage you to call my office and we can talk more.
Author:
She is the best dr. I have ever met. She is very caring . She took excellent care of me . I felt like she treated me more like a friend than a patient . I would highly recommend her to anyone ! She has a great staff too.
Author:
Very caring for her patients and excellent bed side manners. She really takes her time to listen to you and goes above and beyond with medical needs. Best doctor I have ever met!
Author:
I highly recommend Dr Furlong not only did she control the chronic pain I had for the last four years she also took care of the many women issue that other surgeons had no idea how to fix. But more importantly Dr. Furlong has excellent bed side manners that you no longer see the medical community. She also makes sure your recovery is pain free and is available for her patients 24 hours. If I had to go thru my surgery again I would not hesitate to go to her. I would describe her a Great Dr.
Author:
Very nice responsible and cares about her patients,listens to what you say and spends all the time needed with you.