Dr. Denise M. Furlong, MD

Dr. Denise M. Furlong, MD

Urogynecology | Female

Chicago Center for Women's health, SC 7456 S State Rd, Bedford Park, IL 60638 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I founded CCWH to fill a void in the health care world. My purpose is to provide a safe, compassionate, patient focused environment where I can empower women to live happier, healthier lives.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Denise Furlong is a top-rated urogynecologist in Chicago, IL, providing the highest-quality care for patients at Chicago Center for...Read more

Dr. Furlong's Experience

94Experience
Match

See how Dr. Furlong's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Furlong

Dr. Furlong accepts 32 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Furlong has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Furlong's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Furlong to family and friends
4.3
Experience with Dr. Furlong
Dr. Furlong's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (38)
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Furlong is very knowledgeable. She takes time to answer all of the patients questions. She treated me with compassion, respect and was available beyond my expectations post surgery.
in Oak Lawn IL |
Dr Furlong takes her time with you. She will explain everything in detail, including your options. She listens to any concerns you may have. After surgery, she is available 24/7 via her cell phone number which she will give to you and your family.
in Evergreen Park, IL |
Dr. Furlong is the best doctor I have ever met. She goes above and beyond for her patients. She is always willing to communicate with me about any health issue, not just the ones she specializes in. In addition, she collaborates very well with my other doctors. Hands down, an awesome doctor and such a caring woman. I recommend her to anyone who might need her care.
in Chicago Illinois |
talk to me in layman terms so I could understand...answered every question..she was concerned about the best treatment for me...I have recommended Dr Furlong to family and friends
in Chicago, IL |
The doctor seemed rushed and annoyed to have to see me. She checked her cell phone 3 times while I was trying to explain my health issues. I left feeling that my concerns were not addressed. I will never go back.
I am so sorry you felt this way. My internet was down, so I was using my phone's hotspot for a connection rather than cancel office or change appointments. I was also trying to document all of your important information but getting the computer to stay connected was the issue. I never bring a cell phone into the office and happily my internet issues are now resolved. If you would like, I encourage you to call my office and we can talk more.
in Bridgeview ,IL |
She is the best dr. I have ever met. She is very caring . She took excellent care of me . I felt like she treated me more like a friend than a patient . I would highly recommend her to anyone ! She has a great staff too.
in Oak lawn |
Very caring for her patients and excellent bed side manners. She really takes her time to listen to you and goes above and beyond with medical needs. Best doctor I have ever met!
in Chicago, IL |
I highly recommend Dr Furlong not only did she control the chronic pain I had for the last four years she also took care of the many women issue that other surgeons had no idea how to fix. But more importantly Dr. Furlong has excellent bed side manners that you no longer see the medical community. She also makes sure your recovery is pain free and is available for her patients 24 hours. If I had to go thru my surgery again I would not hesitate to go to her. I would describe her a Great Dr.
Very nice responsible and cares about her patients,listens to what you say and spends all the time needed with you.
Awful
Have you seen Dr. Denise M. Furlong, MD?
Are you Dr. Furlong?

Why It Matters: Dr. Furlong's Board Certifications

• Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
  • Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Furlong says..

Urinary Tract Infection: Urinary tract infections are fairly common among women, and without treatment, they can cause serious complications. As a top urogynecologist in Chicago, IL, Dr. Furlong is skilled in advanced techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of UTIs, relieving symptoms while destroying the germs that cause UTIs.

Urinary Incontenence: Urinary incontinence can cause embarrassment and discomfort, but there are effective ways of treating it. At Chicago Center for Women's Health, Dr. Furlong uses state-of-the-art techniques to diagnose and treat the causes of incontinence in women from throughout the Chicago, IL, area.

Prolapse: Pelvic organ prolapse usually causes painful symptoms that require surgery to relieve. At Chicago Center for Women's health, Dr. Furlong provides the most advanced procedures to treat prolapse in women from throughout the Chicago, IL, area, resolving symptoms and repairing damage to help prevent recurrence.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chlamydia Infections
  • Female Infertility
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Incontinence
  • Irregular Periods
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Perimenopause
  • Prolapse
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uterine Diseases

• Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Cystoscopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Illinois.