Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Denise Furlong, MD
Dr. Denise Furlong is a top-rated urogynecologist in Chicago, IL, providing the highest-quality care for patients at Chicago Center for Women's Health. As a dual board-certified physician, Dr. Furlong offers her patients the broadest array of treatment options. These options include treatments for incontinence, pelvic pain, irregular bleeding, urinary tract infections (UTIs), menopause and pelvic organ prolapse, and she is skilled in minimally invasive surgery and diagnostic procedures, including cystoscopy and hysteroscopy to diagnose the cause of blood in the urine, pelvic pain and other issues. After earning her bachelor's degree at the University of Illinois, Urbana- Champaign, Dr. Furlong completed her medical degree, internship, and residency at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, followed by a fellowship at Illinois Urogynecology, Ltd. Today, she is one of only a handful of surgeons to have achieved board certification in both obstetrics-gynecology and female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Furlong is committed to offering patient-centered care for women from puberty through menopause, providing each patient with the information and guidance they need about their health at every stage of life so they can feel confident in their care. The office is equipped with state-of-the-art technology for diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders on site, helping to ensure patients receive the most appropriate care as quickly as possible. Dr. Furlong welcomes the opportunity to work with new patients, and the practice accepts most major medical insurance plans. Both English and Spanish are spoken at her practice. When she isn't caring for patients, Dr. Furlong enjoys spending time with her husband, three children, and two border collies at their home in Old Town

11238 S Western Ave

• CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Furlong

I founded CCWH to fill a void in the health care world. My purpose is to provide a safe, compassionate, patient focused environment where I can empower women to live happier, healthier lives.

Dr. Furlong's Experience

Dr. Furlong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chlamydia Infections
  • Female Infertility
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Incontinence
  • Irregular Periods
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Perimenopause
  • Prolapse
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uterine Diseases

• Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Cystoscopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
  • University Il College Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Illinois Urogynecology, Ltd
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Furlong has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Furlong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Furlong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Furlong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Furlong to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Furlong's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
Would definitely recommend my family & friends to Dr. Furlong.
in Chicago, IL |
After 30 years of the nightmare of my illness slowly became a dream, all thanks to a wonderful doctor who changed my life!!!! Thanks doc. Denise :) Despues de 30 años de sufrimiento y antibioticos, finalmente es solo un sueño garcias a usted mi vida a cambiado. Muchas Gracias Dr. Denise!!! Bertina C.
Dr. Furlong is a wonderful doctor. Very caring and understanding
in Oak Lawn, IL |
As a new patient, I feel that my 20-year search for the best women's health doctor is over. Dr. Furlong was compassionate, thorough and unhurried. Throughout the exam, she explained the procedures and her findings. No one else had ever done that before. She was also a great listener and assured me that my worries and concerns were completely within the realm of normal. What a relief! I'm so glad that I saw Dr. Furlong, and I will definitely be going back.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Dr. Furlong has a great disposition. She is patient and a great listener. She is also through and knowledgeable. I am usually seen within 10 minutes of my appointment time.
in Lyons, IL |
When I first visited Dr Furlong, I was actually embarased about my problem. Dr Furlong was so warm and generous, I soon lost the e baresment and wanted to have it repaired. Dr Furlong operated and I am now on the road to recovery and health. She explains everything with compassion and warmth. Totally recommend her.
in Stickney il |
Since I got to the office the secretary made me feel like at home and Dr Denise Furlong is amazing and very friendly I will recommended this Doctor to everyone's
in Chicago Ridge, IL |
I have been with Dr. Furlog for about 6 months, and I have continued as her patient because so far she has been the only one that shows interest in my questions, she listens to me, she checks me, and she gives me attention. She is really professional, but also kind. Her staff is good, and they resolve your requests the best and fastest they can.
in Chicago, IL |
I've been dealing with a frustrating issue after a surgical procedure. My regular gyne referred me to Dr Furlong. I really like Dr Furlong she's upfront and concise. She's very knowledgeable and personable.staffe is great too. She's made me feel comfortable with the issue I'm dealing with and confident that this can be corrected
in Chicago, IL |
It was the second visit when I had to follow up with her to find out her true colors. I understand that the wait times can be long but it is common courtesy to apologize and have your staff let the pts know that there's a delay due to unforeseen circumstances... well that did not happen. Her staff was playing on cell phones and eating. Then I became frustrated that the dr was seeing LATE pts before me. Being an hour late is unacceptable and those pts should wait for the on time ones to be seen.
in Harvey, IL |
I can not say enough good about Dr. Furlong. I had a hysterectomy and prolapse surgery in September 2015 and through it all she was very compassionate. She explained everything about my condition and also my options. The day of surgery she kept my family informed and made sure they had her contact information in case of any questions or concerns. After I was home i was able to text her any questions I had and she responded quickly. I would definitely recommend her to my friends and family
in Oak lawn, IL |
She is a very good Doctor and very easy to talk to.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Furlong is very knowledgeable. She takes time to answer all of the patients questions. She treated me with compassion, respect and was available beyond my expectations post surgery.
in Oak Lawn IL |
Dr Furlong takes her time with you. She will explain everything in detail, including your options. She listens to any concerns you may have. After surgery, she is available 24/7 via her cell phone number which she will give to you and your family.
in Evergreen Park, IL |
Dr. Furlong is the best doctor I have ever met. She goes above and beyond for her patients. She is always willing to communicate with me about any health issue, not just the ones she specializes in. In addition, she collaborates very well with my other doctors. Hands down, an awesome doctor and such a caring woman. I recommend her to anyone who might need her care.
in Chicago Illinois |
talk to me in layman terms so I could understand...answered every question..she was concerned about the best treatment for me...I have recommended Dr Furlong to family and friends
in Chicago, IL |
The doctor seemed rushed and annoyed to have to see me. She checked her cell phone 3 times while I was trying to explain my health issues. I left feeling that my concerns were not addressed. I will never go back.
I am so sorry you felt this way. My internet was down, so I was using my phone's hotspot for a connection rather than cancel office or change appointments. I was also trying to document all of your important information but getting the computer to stay connected was the issue. I never bring a cell phone into the office and happily my internet issues are now resolved. If you would like, I encourage you to call my office and we can talk more.
in Bridgeview ,IL |
She is the best dr. I have ever met. She is very caring . She took excellent care of me . I felt like she treated me more like a friend than a patient . I would highly recommend her to anyone ! She has a great staff too.
in Oak lawn |
Very caring for her patients and excellent bed side manners. She really takes her time to listen to you and goes above and beyond with medical needs. Best doctor I have ever met!
in Chicago, IL |
I highly recommend Dr Furlong not only did she control the chronic pain I had for the last four years she also took care of the many women issue that other surgeons had no idea how to fix. But more importantly Dr. Furlong has excellent bed side manners that you no longer see the medical community. She also makes sure your recovery is pain free and is available for her patients 24 hours. If I had to go thru my surgery again I would not hesitate to go to her. I would describe her a Great Dr.
Very nice responsible and cares about her patients,listens to what you say and spends all the time needed with you.
Have you seen Dr. Denise Furlong, MD?

Visit Dr. Furlong