Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD

Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD

AllergyMaleAge 65

Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD is a Allergy Specialist in Astoria, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Long Island Jewish Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Markouizos to book an appointment.

Pediatric Health Care of Queens (PHCQ)

Visit Website
Pediatric Health Care of Queens (PHCQ)3014 37Th St Astoria, NY 11103
    • Sat: 9:00am - 2:00pm

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More Allergy & Immunology Specialists at Pediatric Health Care of Queens (PHCQ)

Dr. Markouizos' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Markouizos

Dr. Markouizos?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (147)
  • Staff friendliness (140)
  • Appointment scheduling (139)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
As a first time mommy, it was a no brainer as to who I was going to chose as my son's pediatrician. Dr. Markouizos was also my pediatrician and always made my visits happy ones. He's kind, gentle, smart, reliable and truly one of a kind. I honestly did not realize how great he was until I saw him with my own child who has severe allergies to dairy and soy along with laryngomalacia. He was able to root through the issues very quickly, and was always there to take our calls or immediately call us back if we were not able to get a hold of him. As 1st time nervous parents, this took a lot of our stress away. I highly recommend him for all parents with children. I promise, you will not be disappointed and he will always guide you with your child's best interests in mind.
Eleni V. – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
Dr. Markouizos has been my whole families pediatrician and fortunately now, my dear little one's also. I am and have always been the happiest patient, the same for my family too. The staff here is always pleasant and very helpful, as is Dr. Markouizos. I give his information to whoever asks for the best doctor and i look forward to being treated by solely him and his staff. He's most definitely a Keeper.
Kokalenos-padilla M. – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
we have been here for years, they not only treat my children's physical needs but have been there for the emotional ones as well. This staff is family to us, from the front to the nurses and doctors they have supported us every way possible. They will always be a part of our lives
Nicole C. – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
Dr Markouizos is the most amazing doctor. He only has to look @my daughter and tell what is happening with her. I trust him diagnosing her. He found a rare heart defect that saved her life. You will not find a wonderful genuine doctor. He treatseveryone like his own children.
L. D. – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
I've known him since my daughter was a baby. Always goes above and beyond for his patients. My daughter is a special needs child and i travel 2 and a half hours to see him. He takes good care of my daughter i recommend him to all of my friends and family. His staff and other Doctors at the practice are very friendly and welcoming. SaraMaria Vaccaro
Saramaria V. – Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
Dr. Markouizos and his staff including Dr. Chung take care of my diabetic daughter very well. They are on top of her condition and follow up to make sure she is doing well.
Anonymous – Oct 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, One of the best doctors in the area, my children have been in his care for years. My children feel safe and confident with him. THANK YOU Dr. Markouizos for your great help.
Rolando Guevara – Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
Dr. Markouizos has been my daughters pediatrician since she was a year old and now at 14 I wouldn't trust any other doctor with my "now" teenager! He is so thorough with questions and examinations Never jumps the gun with prescribing antibiotics which I value greatly. A true professional with a great bed side manner that any mom with the level of anxiety I have would truly appreciate.
S. R. – Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
We've been coming to Dr. M since before our daughter was born (almost 12 years ago). He is an amazing doctor who truly cares. You feel his genuine love for our family and the feeling is mutual. He is an amazing doctor. The highest recommendation.
V. R. – Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
We love how amazing, knowledgeable and smart Dr Markouizos is. I couldn't be more pleased with the service and care Dr. M provides for my kids. i am always able to get in for an appointment. He takes special time with his patients and remembers what matters. He's always on point with his diagnosis and takes that extra step not to do any unnecessary testing. Thank you Dr. Markouzious for taking such good care of my boys.
C. L. – Jul 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
Dr. Markouizos is very attentive, kind and caring. He listens to our concerns and will not give up until he finds the root of the problem. I always recommend Dr. Markouizos to everyone who has children. He was my doctor and now my children's doctor. He is truly the best there is.
C. S. – Apr 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
I have been going to doctor Markouizo since i was a child myself, and when I fell pregnant i knew i woud go to him right away for my daughter but i know i made the right dessicion when my daughter developed a milk protein allergy, he was the greatest asset to her care we could have ever imagined. he not only called me back at all crazy hours of the night but my daughter is 4 months old now i still have never bought formula because he has been willing to help me and prov...
Elena C. – Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
He is a very comforting Dr, he is always caring on each patent. He is the best in Astoria!!
Anonymous A. – Apr 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
My daughter loves Dr. Markouizos and all of the doctors at his practice. Everyone gets high fives and fist bumps as we walk in and out. They are compassionate, fun, and most importantly they are very good at what they do. They are transparent and always happy to talk through any questions we have (and considering she's my first born there were and are a LOT of questions). We strongly recommend Dr. Markouizos to anyone looking for a pediatrician.
Nadia L. – Apr 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
Dr. Mark is always making sure my kids are comfortable by giving plenty of stickers and plastic balls! He's very awesome and super cool!
TL – Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
Dr. Marqouizos is truly the best pediatrician in the world. He was mine and my sisters doctor when we were little, and now takes care of my children. I would not bring my children to any one else!!!! He explains everything in detail, he answers all your questions, he does not rush you out of the office ever! He truly loves all children and it shows when he is with them. So happy to have him as my children's doctor. His staff is also exceptional!!!!!!
Kyriaki P. – Mar 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
My biggest respect for this wonderful doctor and such an understanding human being. May God bless you for all you do dear Dr. Markouizos. Jovanovic family ????
Radica Jovanovic in New York – Mar 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
I've been a patient here since I was a newborn & I honestly never want to change doctors. Dr. Markouizos and the rest of his team go above and beyond to make sure you get better, are comfortable in the process of doing so, and get what you need. He is the most thorough doctor I've met thus far & I recommend this place to absolutely everyone.
Anonymous A. – Mar 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
My little man has an important swimming competition this coming Saturday. It is his last chance to qualify for Junior’s Olympic and he woke up congested with a sore throat and runny nose. He has trained so hard the entire year waiting for this day and now he is not feeling well. We rushed to see Dr. Markouizos for a rapid recovery. Dr Markouizos, thank you for being such a great doctor and taking care of my children all of these year (20+).
Alexandra Valencia in Astoria , NY – Feb 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?
Taking very good care of my kids.Always looking throughly into each situation making sure everything is ok with the kids. Wonderful staff always fitting us in for emergency appointments no matter what and always a call back when requested.definetly a 5 ??!!!
Feb 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetrios Markouizos, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Markouizos?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Markouizos' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Markouizos' conditions and procedures:

• Allergen Immunotherapy
  • Asthma
  • Audiometry
  • Blood Draw
  • Breath Testing
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hearing Screening
  • Vision Screening
  • Wellness Examination

Dr. Markouizos accepts

Dr. Markouizos accepts the following insurance:

1199SEIU
Health Net
MagnaCare
Oxford Health Plans
Secure Horizons

Dr. Demetrios Markouizos is a Pediatrician serving the Astoria area for more than 28 years. Dr. Markouizos is experienced in Allergen Immunotherapy, Psychological...Read more

• Allergy