Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD

Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD

Pediatric Surgery  ·

Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD is a pediatric surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 6 years. He specializes in pediatric surgery.Read his story

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center

Cigna POS
CoreSource
EmblemHealth
GHI
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Hernia Repair

Dr. Merianos performs Hernia Repair more than 61% of his peers

Dr. Merianos performs this procedure more than 61% of his peers

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure

Dr. Merianos performs Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure more than 60% of his peers

Dr. Merianos performs this procedure more than 60% of his peers

• Pulmonary Sequestration
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Undescended Testicles
  • Vascular Malformations

I relate well to children of all ages in a non-threatening way.  I will explain your child's condition in terms you can understand, and I will make sure that you understand all of the treatment options, including non-surgical options.  I wi...

• Pediatric Surgery

Dr. Merianos?
Dr. Merianos' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr.Merianos is a great doctor! Our 15 year old daughter recently had a Bascom cleft lift surgery and had some bleeding complications in the recovery room. Despite her having to go back to the Operating room, we were so grateful that Dr. Merianos was able to alleviate the bleeding and lessen the pain considerably. Thankfully, she is recovering and healing well. He is smart, approachable and responsive. He is one of a kind. His staff were also very helpful and professional. We would highly recommend him! Thank you Dr. Merianos?? Sincerely, The Pawlowicz Family
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Since my son was born prematurely with a heart condition, I knew both times he had to undergo surgery with Dr. Merianos that he was in potentially life threatening situations. I wouldn’t have trusted another doctor to operate on my son. Dr. Merianos treated my four month old son with the most amazing care, and I am forever grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Dr. Merianos and his staff made my nervous preteen very comfortable. The friendly nature of everyone in the facility and knowledge that Dr. Merianos provided before and after the surgery put me at ease as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
The thought of surgery on my 4-year-old daughter terrified me, until I met Dr. Merianos. He's extremely knowledgeable, experienced and quickly became my daughter's (and my) favorite doctor. He explained the types of hernias she had and his course of action to fix them, which he did successfully. He was easy to communicate with, even when my questions were laughable & never spoke above me in complicated medical terms. Most importantly, he was great with my daughter. She never feared her surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
What a wonderful doctor! He understands how to speak to children in a way they can understand and is extremely reassuring to the parents. It’s always a pleasure visiting his office! Wish more doctors were like him. ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Dr. Merianos is one of the most professional, clear, respectful, polite and courteous physicians I have come across in my life. He is outstanding in. helping the patient and parents feel at ease and with a thorough understanding of situation/diagnosis. His good interpersonal skills puts parents and patient at ease, feeling one can trust his judgment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Dr. Merianos is perhaps one of the most professional, didactic, clear, respectful, polite and courteous physicians we have come across in decades. He has outstanding bedside manner, helping the patient and parents feel at ease and with a thorough understanding of situation/diagnosis. His good interpersonal skills puts one at at ease, feeling one can trust his judgment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
So happy we found Dr. Merianos to perform our son’s circumcision! We were nervous about the procedure but working with him really put us at ease. We had an hour-long consultation where Dr. Merianos took the time to explain the procedure and answer all of our questions. He was so knowledgeable and kind; we were very confident in his skills. The procedure was quick and performed perfectly. My son’s penis is healing perfectly, and it looks great. During our follow-up visit he provided amazing care
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Dr. Merianos recently operated on our infant son's hernia. At all points of contact, he was kind and answered our questions thoroughly and patiently. He responds to his own email and does so quickly. Overall, we could not have been more assured or had better experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Dr. Merianos was excellent during the whole process from the initial consult through my son's surgery and all the way up to the post operative follow up exam. He explained everything in detail and helped my and my husband to be as calm as possible. He was readily available at all times to answer questions we had. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Dr. Merianos is a wonderful pediatric surgeon. Aside from being an expert in his field, his bedside manner is excellent. He spent whatever time was necessary to thoroughly explain what medical issue was going on regarding my daughter's condition. He was very patient in answering questions and explained his answers in a clear manner. I felt like our daughter was in great hands during her surgery and I had tremendous confidence in Dr. Merianos' skill and judgement as a surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
My one year old daughter was admitted to Weill Cornell pediatrics 08/29 two days after her first birthday. From Doctor Merianos bedside manner to his calm demeanor I cant explain how eased I felt. First time in the hospital for my daughter and he was very detailed and gave me so much information on what would happen and what’s going on. I wasnt Left out of the loop! I was Included in every decision that was made and that made me feel so comfortable. He’s a great doctor!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
He is a very good pediatric surgeon and listen all your questions very patience and answer them back. very co-operative.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Hes so professional.. Im very grateful and very thankful for his good work. Anybody can definitly trust him. Answers the email right away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Can't say enough great things about Dr. Merianos. He performed surgery on my son at 7 months old and everything went smoothly. He has a bedside manner like no other surgeon! Within minutes of our initial visit with him, I knew my son was in very good hands. He is thorough, compassionate, spends a great deal of time with you and ensures all questions and concerns are addressed. You can tell he really cares about his patients and families. Highly recommended by parents and his colleagues!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Dr. Merianos was very professional, polite, and pleasant to deal with. He was my surgeon very recently when I was at the hospital, and he explained everything very well. I believe that he is a very good doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Dr. Merianos is so thoughtful--he really considers the whole family's needs, from easing a parent's anxiety about a child's surgery to comforting and making the child feel at ease. He is also very thorough while talking through surgery--from prep to post-op, I really appreciated the amount of time he spent with us, answering all of our questions and making himself available at any time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Dr. Merianos recently operated on our daughter for an inguinal hernia. From the second we stepped into his office for the initial check-up, we felt like we were in good hands. He is extremely patient and thorough in explaining to the parents what is wrong and how he can fix it. He also has amazing communication skills with children, making the whole experience a positive one for our daughter! When we thought of questions between the initial visit and the surgery, Dr. Merianos was not only qu
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Dr. Merianos was the surgeon for my 14 year old son and performed an appendectomy. He was highly professional, thorough in his explanation of what was wrong and exactly how the surgery was going to go from start to finish to recovery. He was extremely warm with me and my husband and especially with our son. His team was the same. We felt we were in the best of hands at all times and feel so grateful to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Demetri Merianos, MD?
Dr. Merianos is awesome. He had performed a laparoscopic surgery on our 1 month old son regarding a pyloric stenosis. He was truly professional, explained us the diagnosis conscientiously and what would be the process to fix it. He is very attentive, goes into details and make sure that you have all your questions answered. The surgery went very well and our son has made a full recovery pretty quick. Good skills and great communication, I would blind trust him again anytime!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Merianos?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Merianos treats patients.

Compare Providers

More providers like Dr. Merianos at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center

Show All Pediatric Surgeons